Terrified of leaving the house with my baby

K

Kimberlymarie

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place - I'm guessing this will have some impact on my health and well being!
I feel so stupid. I don't know if this is normal or if people will think I'm just a useless mum!
my baby is 10 months old now and I've gotten to the point where I am too scared to take her out of the house. I feel ok leaving the house with her if my husband comes along, we go out alot together as a family. but the thought of leaving the house without him when he is at work terrifies me. I have been out of the house on my own with my baby just 3 times since she was born. And each time was terrifying. I would panic and walk very fast so I could hurry up and get back home. I'm kind of frightened that someone will mug me or kidnap my baby. I've spoken to my husband about it before but he tells me I'm just being paranoid and stupid. But I seriously am starting to become a nervous wreck. I'm terrified that something bad will happen if i take her out on my own.
My biggest fear is someone kidnapping my baby. I know I sound stupid .. I feel stupid writing this but I can't even go shopping on my own. I feel bad that I can't take my baby to the park and do normal mum daughter things. I'm just too scared at the thought of being outside where there are bad people.
This kind of thing never bothered me before I had my daughter. I just feel a massive need to protect her and I feel like if I take her outside without protection from my husband, then I'm putting her in danger.
I don't know why i feel like this. Will I always feel like this? Is it normal?
I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know who to turn to.
My husband works away sometimes too and is due to go away for 5 weeks next month. It's the first time he's left me since I had my daughter.
I don't know how I'm going to cope :(
Someone please tell me This is a normal part of parenting???

I feel the same and i know alot of people on here do too. I think it's anxiety, i don't have any advice but you're not alone xx

Hi, yes it is normal to feel protective of your lo, but be careful you dont get stuck in a rut, it can get worse and you could even become depressed being inside all the time, you a mum now and have responsibilities, your baby should get out every day for fresh air, after all vitamin k you can only get from the sun natrualy, summers coming so a nice walk in the park will do you and your baby good, start of with short walks progressing, try your best to join a baby group, there you can talk to other mums about your fears and experts, check your direct gov or schools for them in your area, they will build your confidence and you can make friends, you willbe surprised how your baby will develop with other babies, your not alone even talk to your HV they will recomend their groups, also make sure you make time atleast once amonth with your partner and have a relative mind lo, mixing with other people with build your confidence to and make you stronger, gl :)

sounds like agoraphobia, hun
I'd see you GP for a chat
It's a shame you can't get out and about with your baby, especially as the good weather will be here soon
don't be afraid of telling your GP, they are there to help and listen
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

It certainly sounds like you're dealing with anxiety.

Are you ok leaving the house with your baby and a friend or does it always have to be your DH?

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->