Terrified

karaclarke93

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know this is a really comman post on this board but I'm just beyond worried about having another miscarriage, had one in March and caught pregnant straight away after and am now 7 weeks but I'm just beyond petrified I will miscarry again I'm finding it so difficult to enjoy being pregnant

Hi Hun,

I don't have a magic answer but I completely sympathise. my first pregnancy 7 years ago was a m/c when I fell pregnant with my son 3 months later I was a mess all way through my anxiety about losing him ruined the pregnancy , I had a few bleeds to make things worse so I was always convinced id lose him. he was born perfectly healthy June 2010. I am now expecting my second currently 10 weeks and again I'm petrified but not as much as last time , I booked an early private scan at 8 weeks which helped me, quite a few article's say m/c rate goes down after seeing HB. maybe you could ask your doctor to refer you for an early one due to mc? I also think as hard as it is just try stay as open minded as you can until end of first trimester, I am by no means a religious person but I just keep thinking whatever will be will be and it helps to a degree. wishing you all the best, your doing great you've gotten this far! x

Thank you I really appreciate your comments .

Unfortunately my doctors isn't very sympathetic and has said to wait until my 12 week scan to check if everything is OK
I know this sounds terrible but I'm considering lying about bleeding so they will scan me. The paranoia is killing me !

I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy xx

Hi Karaclarke

I am so terrified I had a mmc in November and then had a D&C in December 2016. I'm now 10 weeks pregnant and my doctor will also only see me at 12 weeks. I considered going to the hospital for the back pain just so they can do a scan.

Are u in the UK? The early pregnancy unit will scan u for a reassurance scan? If not could you afford a private early scan at a different clinic?

Hi I am in the U.K. But my midwife is aware of my miscarriage in March and hasn't offered an early scan , should I just ask ?

Hi I am in the U.K. But my midwife is aware of my miscarriage in March and hasn't offered an early scan , should I just ask ?

Yes just ask! I'm going to the early pregnancy unit next Thursday for a scan and this is my first pregnancy . I think it's awful that you ladies who have had a miscarriage haven't been offered this! Best of luck x

Kara I'm in same position!
I too tried lying about bleeding and I told them I've had 3 miscarriages (I've had 2 but 3 seems to be the point at which they normally take things serious), I've also got blood in my urine due to a UTI they've been unable to get rid off 4 medications later and they still didn't offer me an early scan :( I ended up having to pay £70 for one at a private clinic.

I've no words of advice because there isn't anything you can do to sway the outcome but I will say worrying about it will rob you of enjoying your pregnancy. As above try and think whatever will be will be, its out of your control x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->