Terry towelling

Tacey

Reaction score
A friend has very kindly given me some terry towelling and I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I've been thinking about making prefolds for a while - can you do this with terry? I wasn't sure if it'd be absorbant enough. I wondered if it would be good for making something to stuff my pocket nappies with too. Does anyone have any good ideas? I've got a sewing machine, but I'm not particularly experienced, so something simple would be ideal!

I don't know about making prefolds as I don't use them but you could make inserts for pocket nappies easily. You could either just hem a big square/rectangle and then fold it to the right size for your pocket or you could sew them ready folded but then they'll take longer to dry. You could also use it for nappy off time - I usually put a towel or something down, then a fleece blanket and it makes a big 'nappy' to protect the floor!

Oooh you could make your own wipes with it!
https://stanford.wellsphere.com/green-living-article/how-to-make-your-own-baby-wipes/631410
and for examples of what they could be made to look like:
https://www.babykind.co.uk/wipes.htm

It depends how much you've got, but I'd be tempted to just make some terry squares. I love squares, as they're a great reserve, if you run out of shaped nappies, and you can use them folded into pads for pockets. I actually still find terry squares the most efficient, especially with a knitted wool cover, which I've just discovered and am wowed with, even if they are not as easy and convenient as other nappies

Great ideas! Thank you. I'd better get cutting!

I have ended up with some and was not sure what to do with them but plan on using them like muslin squares. They seem thicker and quite practical but I am yet to find out if they will be of any use like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->