Tesco v Asda

Mamafy

Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4
Reaction score
Huge thumbs down for tesco. Years I have been doing my grocery shopping in Tesco, like 15-18 years and over the past 6 months like everyone else we've felt the pinch plus our grocery bill has went up by about £40-£50 (to £170:cry: ):cry:

The past 3 weeks I have went to Asda. 1st week my bill was £122, 2nd week my bill was £120 and last week £110:happydance: I was so pleased I told the check-out lady:rofl:

So guys imo Tesco's are ripping us off, change to Asda and I'm sure you'll see the difference:cloud9:

Tescos are a rip off. £1.20 for an sodding iceberg lettuce! I dont have any other options tho.

I'm the other way round! I shop at tesco lots, and tend to buy a lot of their value ranges, which in most cases i find nicer than brand name. But if I go to asda I have to get the brand named stuff coz IMO asda's own ranges are awful so I end up spending a LOT more in asda!

Its rediculous and I'm thinking of writing them a letter or an email telling them so.

:hugs:@ no choice :(

Not only that but theres loads of tescos a few miles frmo my house, and the nearest asda is 30 miles away... so I soend 5 times more on petrol before I've even startred shopping at asda! :rofl:

I can't stand either I think their both stupidly priced, I prefere shopping around for deals, mostly my shopping is done at Aldi, Iceland and Sainsburys

I get 10% staff discount at tesco,s as hubby works for them yet asda is still cheaper by far the nearest adsa is about 25 miles so i do it all online

I have stopped shopping at tescos for over a year now , they are so expensive out of the lot i find! Asda and morrisons you cant beat!

Icelands are excellent! Great deals to be had there for your fozen stuff xXx

i get some stuff form asda and some from tesco i have no loyalty x

i did my shopping on the my supermarket.com the other day and tescos still came out cheapest.
Went to asda a couple of months ago and it was heaving, not a nice experience.
i try aldi and lidls but still have to get some stuff from tesco.

I shop at tesco and although it is more expensive i stick with it because of being able to get clubcard points which i usually spend on something for myself each time as a treat!!!

Oh and I think OHs mum is going to write a letter as her butter went up 20p or something :rofl: But i would write a complaint letter as they are basically ripping alot of people off!

Have you tried morrisons? I find them brilliant for meat , you can get alot for your money.

I shop at waitrose alot aswell and you would be surprised but there actaully cheaper then tescos!

I practically live at asda! :rofl:

I find some of their items cheaper than morrisons too.

I've had problems with Tesco - I shop online because it costs me £7 to and £7 back from ASDA :( Tesco is even further. I emailed them last week over a few shops running it was like in one ear out the other I am fedup of the problems and for veg etc its so PRICEY and they send YAKKY stuff ...are they trained to give home shoppers the shit pile?

I was fedup of no bags serioulsy half my shopping came without bags then they rammed 16 jars of baby food in ONE bag - I got to the end of the hallway before it all fell through!

Anyway I made a complaint but its too convenient to shop online atm and 3 shops later each shop Ive had a problem - 1st shop since complaint - battered (expensive) peppers, 2nd shop a finger through one of my jogurt pots & guess what yesterday 16 jars in one shitty bag!

I would shop online at ASDA but their website is TERRIBLE! If they changed it I think they would get more custom.

Up until last week my only choice was to food shop online, and the only supermarket delivering to me was tescos. I was getting really really fed up with the shitty fruit and veg they put in too, I agree with Wobbs, they choose it from the shit pile - a choice of being thrown to the pigs or sent to online shoppers.
Even now with the car my choices are limited. There's an asda but I'd have to drive up the motorway to get there and it doesn't seem worth it when Tesco is 2 mins away. Plus I never used to like asda, though in fairness I've not shopped there in 5 years.
The nearest Morrisons is 20 miles away so won't be trying that. Now I've got the car I will be trying Lidl, there's one nearby.

I've had problems with Tesco - I shop online because it costs me £7 to and £7 back from ASDA :( Tesco is even further. I emailed them last week over a few shops running it was like in one ear out the other I am fedup of the problems and for veg etc its so PRICEY and they send YAKKY stuff ...are they trained to give home shoppers the shit pile?

I was fedup of no bags serioulsy half my shopping came without bags then they rammed 16 jars of baby food in ONE bag - I got to the end of the hallway before it all fell through!

Anyway I made a complaint but its too convenient to shop online atm and 3 shops later each shop Ive had a problem - 1st shop since complaint - battered (expensive) peppers, 2nd shop a finger through one of my jogurt pots & guess what yesterday 16 jars in one shitty bag!

I would shop online at ASDA but their website is TERRIBLE! If they changed it I think they would get more custom.

Ive had soooooooo many problems with tesco online. They always squash my bread. One time they didnt recognise the address so just didnt turn up... still took the money and it took me a month to get it back. Asda website is shit.

I do shopping everywhere really........i shop around always to get the best deal and will never shop on the high street again thats for sure!

Asda at the mo are doing massssssive pampers boxes for 12 pounds
Tabs is in size 4+ and you get 120 in that box.

The next box down is a tenner so great value!!
Im thinking it might just be online though as i have never seen the boxes this big instore.

I shop at tesco and although it is more expensive i stick with it because of being able to get clubcard points which i usually spend on something for myself each time as a treat!!!

see this is what I always thought too, I get back about £80 - £100 back a year so nice but if I'm saving at least £30 a week times that by 52 and I'm saving £1560 a year:happydance: so a little better than clubcard points :lol:

Yep i also have heard about tesco fruit and veg , apparently they give the ones that are just about to go out of date , or are out of date just look alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->