Test line darker than control line

TuesdayReyn

Reaction score
Hello. Question for you ladies.

A bit of background on me, I'm 30. My partner and I have been trying to get pregnant for a while. I had issues with my periods when I was young, mostly heavy bleeding. They became really regular when I was aby In 2016, I suffered an illness that left me in a coma with failing kidneys. I recovered and so did my kidneys. My periods totally stopped then. The doctor initially said not to worry. Given how ill I was, they should come back on their own with time and recovery. Well, they didn't and I was put on the pill. They immediately came back. I stopped taking it after 6 months and had normal periods for a few months after. But since then they've been super irregular. I've had 6 in the past year. The doctor suspects PCOS even though I've never had symptoms before aside from being overweight. I was referred for testing but lost my insurance. I have insurance again and have a follow up appointment. Well, I've been feeling a little sick and tired. I had an old pregnancy test in a drawer and I took it last night on impulse. It came back positive with the test line being darker than the control line. I assumed it was an old test but sent my partner to get a new one first thing this morning. He did and it was a different brand name. I took it and had the same results. Positive with the test line darker than the control line. I have to wait for Monday to be seen by the doctor. I mentioned it to my sister and she dismissed it as being chemical. But with such a dark test line, is that possible? I thought chemical pregnancies produced faint lines? Could I actually be pregnant?

Do you have a pic? Its sounds like bfp dear. Fx

Sounds like a BFP and a strong one at that because the test line is pulling dye from the control line.

Positive test, go to the go advance option and click the paper clip to add attachment. Then add the test pic. Sounds positive though

This is one of them. It's not as obvious in this picture as it is in person though.

Attachments

• 1521254473792.jpg
    1521254473792.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 61
That's defiantly positive! I would say yes your pregnant!
Congratulations:hugs:

Congratulations!!! You are VERY pregnant!!!

Line strength hasn't any bearing on the future of any pregnancy. I think it depends on each person and the pregnancy. I have had loads of chemicals and some were really similarly light and took similarly short periods of time to disappear, whilst others progressed a little, some stuck around for much longer, but none of them much past af.
People have had faint lines with chemicals but also with healthy pregnancies, and vice versa. With my eldest I only tested once and I had a super faint line. With my other two, DS2 faint lines (a LOT fainter than yours, yours are super strong!) which took a good week past af due date to become darker than control line ... he's sat next to me at the moment so he was fine clearly! DD strong lines from the start. This time, somewhere between DS2 and DD. Started out faint but clear, didn't take long to progress, in fact I had a positive digi second day of testing.
It's really different between people and pregnancies, but your lines are beautifully strong and I wouldn't say they're a sign of a chemical, I find that a weird thing for your sister to say

I don't know if I'm allowed to post an update here or not. But I started having cramps last night. I went to the ER and they said it could be tubal. Well they did a transvaginal ultrasound and I'm 12 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Everything looks good so far.

Of course you can post an update! And what a wonderful one too, congratulations! Makes sense why such a dark line :)

That’s an amazing update! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smooth for you!

Wow that’s amazing ! Good luck the rest of your pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->