Test Results

sweetbuthyper

Reaction score
Hi all,

as some of you will know i miscarried at 23 weeks ( although the hospital saying that i was 22wks 6 days and so classed as 22 weeks) on the 29th June 2011.

well i got my test results on Friday and they showed nothing. no infection, no problem, baby was fine until birth, placenta was fine i assume as she said all tests showed no problems. I have to go back on the 30th September for a blood test to test for antiphospholipid antibodies and if i do get pregnant I will have to be scanned every 2 weeks from 14 weeks onwards to keep an eye on my cervix.

I dunno if this is all good news or not I feel even more like it was my fault now which i know is irrational but, it was my body that failed and not down to anything else.

I feeling even worse at the moment because I just started my second period which means i failed to conceive this month and one of my best friends had her baby today, and all though i'm happy for her i know he was an accident, she was on the pill and not with a steady partner and it just all feels so very unfair.

I just kept getting told it was just one of them things. That's not an answer though is it so I think that my son had a problem. A problem that meant he couldn't go on. How else can you look at it! Life is so damn cruel. Your body didn't fail. Don't be so hard on yourself hunny xxx

Hi all,

as some of you will know i miscarried at 23 weeks ( although the hospital saying that i was 22wks 6 days and so classed as 22 weeks) on the 29th June 2011.

well i got my test results on Friday and they showed nothing. no infection, no problem, baby was fine until birth, placenta was fine i assume as she said all tests showed no problems. I have to go back on the 30th September for a blood test to test for antiphospholipid antibodies and if i do get pregnant I will have to be scanned every 2 weeks from 14 weeks onwards to keep an eye on my cervix.

I dunno if this is all good news or not I feel even more like it was my fault now which i know is irrational but, it was my body that failed and not down to anything else.

I feeling even worse at the moment because I just started my second period which means i failed to conceive this month and one of my best friends had her baby today, and all though i'm happy for her i know he was an accident, she was on the pill and not with a steady partner and it just all feels so very unfair.

hey hunz so sorry for your loss . i also loss my baby boy at 21 weeks on july 29 2011. i havent got my results yet . but i feel as if my body failed. my baby looked perfect and that is killing me. i feel like it was my body and my fault my baby wanted to live :(.

I am so sorry for your loss hun--Life is so unfair at times I lost my twins on May 29. My water broke at home :( I got the same answers as you all the tests showed nothing no infection or nothing. All the Dr said was one baby was a few days smaller than the other and that was about it the were so perfect--The placenta and everything was normal. They more said it was due to it being a multiple pregnancy and the fact that they were identical (same placenta) and sharing nutrients and one may be getting more than the other.

I know how you feel for some reason I thought I would feel better to be given a actual reason why it happened but then I said I am greatful to know I don't have a known medical condition that would prevent future pregnancies and I am otherwise healthy. I just want in the future I am monitored so that nothing is over looked.

I also got no answers. My baby's heart just stopped beating. I have no idea whether it was something I did. I can totally understand why you feel a bit like that though. x

I hope that things get easier for you soon xxx

:hugs: I got no answers for either of my babies deaths either. Babies were tested for chromosomal abnormalities, I was tested for uterine infection, I also had blood tests for clotting disorders, autoimmune disorders, antiphospholipid antibodies, the works. 15 vials of blood in all. All tests came back normal. Its awful when all we want is a reason. :hugs:

Omg I sympathize with you! Me too. I had a mmc at 19 weeks. Nothing on the pathology report. Normal female chromosomes! My little girl died in me for no reason and all the dr can say is like above pp said 'one of those things"! Then I ask well I had a mc at 7 wks not even a year ago, is something wrong with me? And I get again well its one of those things. you had 2 healthy children before the 2 m/c so there is no reason to think its you. So they wont test me.. So now what if I wanted more? I sit around scared out of my mind over every twinge? The dr will have to have a room at her house for me! I would live at that office! My first son I went over everything. My second i didnt worry bout nothing. My 1st m/c passed blood off as normal cuz i had it with my 1st son. Now this one I was so careful and worried to m/c again. Then thought i was in the clear at 12 wks and ended up m/c again! Just one of those things my ass

This pregnancy I started taking 75mg aspirin daily from 10weeks. I asked the Dr about it and he said it wont do any harm and there has been research that shows that women who have recurrent miscarriages have gone on to have healthy babies with daily low dose aspirin. So far so good. I also have two healthy children but have had four losses so doctor is confident my body can do it again.
If there is no reason for previous loss/losses, then there is no reason for a future one. The odds are in our favour if no reasons were found, although its so difficult being told "just one of those things". :hugs:

so sorry for your loss hun! i was the similar i was 22 weeks when i lost my little girl and when the test results came back everything was clear, went back for 6 week check up and then 8 weeks later for bloods and still everything came back clear. i was feeling so guilty but then my doctor said to me you should be happy, if there was something wrong it would be my body letting me down but it wasnt, it was just nature! he said it was most likely a chromosomal abnormality and that had the pregnance gone on she could have turned out to have all kinds of issues... i guess ill never know.
im still TTC 7 months later with no luck.
really hoping for some good news soon.fingers crossed for both of us

hope things get a little easier for you hun xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"