Testing Experts needed!

MummaBear16

Reaction score
I am asking on behalf of my sister... And I am hoping there are some testing pros in second tri!

She used an expired frer tonight to test (expired 2.5 years ago and was all she had on hand) and it has come up undeniably BFP. I have read up that it could be a false positive, but being expired, would more likely be less sensitive and show a false negative. Has anyone had a false positive on an expired test?

She is going to grab a new test tomorrow of course, but just thought I'd ask opinions!

I had a false positive on an expired Internet cheap strip test. Not sure if the frer would be any different. It was 100% positive but my hcg level was 0

Oooh you will have to update us. Hope it's a genuine bfp xx

Ooh interested to see how it turns out!

I've no idea how anyone can keep a frer 2.5yrs after its expiry! I would have peed on it years ago :haha:

If have thought the dye may have dried up if expired so possibly give a false negative, but not a false positive? Look forward to an update!

I used expired tests with a previous pregnancy (that ended up a chemical). Had positives with them and new ones

That's interesting MummaMoo, thanks!

She may not be testing for a couple of days, for personal reasons, but I will definitely update when she does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->