Testing too much, too early.

Nikkiv

Reaction score
I think I must be insane. I test all the time, even when I know it's impossible to get a BFP that early. I can't stop. OH thinks I've lost it. I want it so bad, but we aren't even TTC, although we've been very lax. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

You are not on your own. There are lots of women out there who do a lot of testing. I would be doing the same thing if I had tests in the house lol. I dont buy any until i really think i need to. That way its a little less stress lol.

I dont keep tests in the house, I just buy them when I am (which has only been once since TTC)

I think if I did keep them then I would be exactly the same as you! xxx

I know that if I had the tests in the house I would probably do this too! :lol: I make myself wait for a while though and only test 1x per cycle, and only when I suspect that something might be "brewing" in there.

I was the same during the first couple of TTC cycles - but I've had to stop myself because it was driving me crazy! I would test even when I knew it was too early, but then be disappointed with a BFN!
Have you tried using OPKs? If you know when you're ovulated you can be strict with yourself about not testing until 14 days later.

I know exactly how you feel. I had my last period on the first week of september and i have done at least 6 tests so far lol they range from negative to postitive but i know i have been testing way too early, i started testing about a week after my husband and i starting trying, lol so i know what you are going through, i have now forced myself to wait, i went on a site and it calculated when your last period was and when you should do a pregnancy test and when your baby is due and everything in between lol it said i should test on the 7th october so that is when i will test again, its only 3 days away so im sure i can wait that long :) good luck i hope you are pregnant:)

Having 25 IC tests at my disposal has been more trouble than it's worth. After these ones get used up I'm not getting any more, it's too easy to poas all the time and get disappointed. When I was in what I though was my TWW, I was doing it all the time, and it's got me nowhere because I'm still testing negative now, on CD41. GL hun, try not to worry too much x

I know exactly where your coming from Nikki, im obsessed with it, even knowing that it will be a big fat negative as its too early. hang on in there & only buy when think theres a possibility, i know its hard as im there. ive stopped going near the ilse in the supermarket

I hate seeing the BFN so I usually leave it as long as possible before I test. My last period (which still hasn't come and is now about 1 month late) was over a week late before I would test (BFN) and I did a retest again a week later (still BFN)
I left it again till last thursday (BFN again! :cry:)

I hate dissapointment though, and each Neg I get is just that, so I try to avoid seeing them if I can help it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->