Tests not dark enough??

LiLi2

Reaction score
I'm 5 weeks today based on LMP, but my test lines are still not very dark. Should I be worried? They have been getting progressively darker, but still nowhere near as dark as I would expect at over a week late for AF.

image.jpg

As long as they are progressing and you aren't having any issues, pain, bleeding, spotting... the only sure way to know is bloodwork! Can you get some done?

I see what you mean... Can you do some beta hcg blood? I would request some xx

They're getting darker so I wouldn't be too worried. A positive is a positive. I was actually worried mine were too dark (twins??) since most of the ones I saw of people the same dpo as me had much lighter lines.

Thanks, ladies. I'm seeing my doctor today just to ask some questions and hopefully be reassured. This morning's test is darker still, but I should be 5w1d today, so I don't know if it's still not dark enough?

image.jpg

It is dark enough :hugs: it would only be worrying if it was very faint, a positive is a positive! I hope your doctor is reassuring.

It depends very much on when you implanted and when you got your first positive. If your first bfp was after 4 weeks ( when period was late) then it makes sense that your tests are this way. Importance is that they are progressing. There's a wide range of hcg so tests are not always the best measure. If go do bloods you'll feel better. This mornings test looks much better! Xx

They look great to me! As others said, it's more important that they progress and all depends on when you implanted. Hpt's are really just meant to tell you 'yes' or 'no' anyway. Blood work will give you much more precision.
Congratulations :)

Thanks, ladies. I actually won't be going to the doctor today, something came up and their office is closed I guess. Frustrating!

A positive is a positive. Hpt "progression" has no bearing on viability- that's why any OB will tell u to stop testing once u get a positive. Congrats on ur pregnancy

I had the opposite concern of my tests being way too dark...but a positive is a positive so don't worry too much!! You're def pregnant! :)

That is the same sort of progression I had with my daughter and she's very robust and healthy :). The test line was as dark as the control with my son at 11dpo but wasn't that dark with my daughter till much later.

That is the same sort of progression I had with my daughter and she's very robust and healthy :). The test line was as dark as the control with my son at 11dpo but wasn't that dark with my daughter till much later.

This is very reassuring, thank you!

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm done testing and I have an appointment in a week.

I was the same way, testing and comparing and worrying and I had to make myself stop because I was stressing out over what wasn't even a thing. I think once you get your positive you should stop with the HPT's unless you want to drive yourself crazy.

Hey lovely, going through the same thing! Do you have an update? How did the doctors go? I'm getting my results Monday morning for my blood test taken at 4+3, as my FRER weren't getting much darker - when I was PG with my daughter they were super dark!

Hey Jess, my tests are very dark now and the doctor did a scan and decided that I'm about 5-7 days behind what my LMP would suggest, which explains why I didn't get a positive until my period was several days late and they weren't as dark as I'd expect. She said I likely ovulated a bit late and that all is well 😊

This is from what I thought was 6 weeks, but according to scan was actually 5w and some days.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->