Tests, Tests, and More Tests! LOL

dachsundmom

Mommy To A Needy Husband
Reaction score
Hi again ladies!

This is not a thread that I expect to fill up very fast, but there have been many posts and threads about tests that do not involve POAS, LOL.

Whenever you guys get a chance, could you please post information about whatever tests you might have had or that your partners have had?

I think the best info would be the names of the tests themselves, the CD they were performed, and the results; if there was a specific reason why your tests were done, that would be great to know too!

For the semen tests, results and length of abstinence prior to the deposit would be good.

I know it gets tough to rehash all of the results, but I think one thread where everyone could go with questions and information would be great! TIA.:hugs:

Oh, if your tests have been done more than once, I would love to hear about the varying results and what you did differently the next time around.

I'll start, lol!!

I had a baseline scan done on cd2 to check for follicles prior to starting femara and hopefully IUI this month.

I had 7 follicles, Not at all sure what that means (it seemed like a lot considering I only have 1 ovary), but my understanding is that only 1-2 will mature. The nurses said it looked good, so I'll go with that.

I'll start, lol!!

I had a baseline scan done on cd2 to check for follicles prior to starting femara and hopefully IUI this month.

I had 7 follicles, Not at all sure what that means (it seemed like a lot considering I only have 1 ovary), but my understanding is that only 1-2 will mature. The nurses said it looked good, so I'll go with that.

Well, LL has 14 between two ovaries, so 7 doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility at at all. She was told that 50% should mature, so I the drugs must make a huge difference! :hugs:

When I get home tonight, I might open the envelope with our results in it; I am embarrassed to admit that when two docs said everything was fine, I've never looked at the numbers. :blush:

DH has seen them and says they are good, so maybe I will get my head out of my ass and actually read them. :haha:

You didn't read the numbers?! :haha::haha: Although tbh if they say everything is fine and you don't have anything to compare it to there is not much point.

Well I went to my doc to ask about tests and he started with a day 21 progesterone test - my score was 45, normal is 20 to 80.

Then there were day 3 bloods and my results were as follows:

FSH 7.6 (normal is 3.5-12.5)
LH 4.5 (norm 2.4-12.6)
Prolactin 273 (127-637)

I then also had to go for some vajayjay swabs for Chlamydia (sp?) and HVS and I am still waiting on those results. BF has an appointment on 22 Sept for SA.

M, I have never been able to bring myself to read them; we have been at this so long and if the numbers really are that good and I still can't stay knocked up, I think it will really do me in...I prefer not to know on this one and now that we have the 'new plan' I'm not sure that I want to know any more than I do right now.

Well, Dmom, sometimes we get on info overload. It's okay if you haven't looked at them yet, you will eventually.

I also had some lab work done:

FSH ranges 9.6-10.0
AMH 0.7
7dpo progesterone 9.4

And my TSH (for hypothyroidism) is a perfect 1.55. So proud of that, lol!!

M, I have never been able to bring myself to read them; we have been at this so long and if the numbers really are that good and I still can't stay knocked up, I think it will really do me in...I prefer not to know on this one and now that we have the 'new plan' I'm not sure that I want to know any more than I do right now.

New plan is sounding good so yes maybe only knowing all is good is as much as is needed :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I missed something.
What's the 'new plan' Dmom?

I think I only talked about it on Wooly's thread; we are going to continue to try naturally through the November cycle and if we're not successful, I will go back on BCP and we are going to start the certification process to adopt an older child/children.

I missed something.
What's the 'new plan' Dmom?

I think I only talked about it on Wooly's thread; we are going to continue to try naturally through the November cycle and if we're not successful, I will go back on BCP and we are going to start the certification process to adopt an older child/children.

Sounds like a great plan! :thumbup:

(Wooly's thread moves so quickly that I can't keep up.)

Great thread, B.

I will dig out the SA results and post them here.

Theses tests were taken on Friday ,5 weeks after a loss and my period started the same day the bloods were drawn,:dohh: FSh 5.8 LH 3.0. Prolactin 331 B12 folate level 355. Serum folate 16.8. Thyroid function t4 level 12.3 Tsh level 1.741 Also had a oestradiol level test done which came back low at 54 ,this is the one I am most worried about

This may get confusing if the measurement units are excluded.

Good point Indigo!

Also, if you girls don't mind, would you tell us if you were offered these tests or if you had to ask your doctor to administer them.

Oh man, no-one has offered me much of anything!

I have bullied my way into everything I felt I needed (including the option to ttc, lol).

Ready, that is really interesting bc if I remember correctly, you have infertility on your insurance? So there was never any question regarding payment; I'd think a doc would be allover that!

I've only really had the 'standard' bloods so far - suggested by the GP. Results:

CD2 - Oestradiol (E2): 103 pmol/L
CD2 - F.S.H.: 4.2 IU/L
CD2 - CBC workup, incl Rubella immunity
CD21 - Progesterone: 24.9 nmol/L
CD21 - T.S.H.: 1.9 mIU/L

[EDIT: I should add that the GP described all these as being "normal", according to the stated 'normal ranges'; the FS later told me that the Oestradiol was on the low side of normal, and the Progesterone was on the "very low" (too low?) side of normal. The FSH also looks lowish to me - normal range is 3 - 12 IU/L]

My FS has also re-ordered the CD21 bloods this cycle to see how Clomid affected them - this time he's requested LH, Prolactin, Progesterone and AMH. Haven't heard back on those yet.

At my first FS appt (on CD4) they also did a intravag. ultrasound to look at my ovaries and uterus - had approx 10 follicles in each ovary; uterus all good, lining thin (but then it was only CD4).

Googly...That is a very informative and well-organized post...:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->