Tests, Tests, and More Tests! LOL

Ready, that is really interesting bc if I remember correctly, you have infertility on your insurance? So there was never any question regarding payment; I'd think a doc would be allover that!

Well, it was different with my main ob/gyn. I didn't want to do infertility treatments with her so it was never discussed. I did meet a lot of resistance with getting FSH, AMH, etc. She kept saying I was too young to be perimenopausal. Honestly, having a doc that had a baby at 42 can be a pain in the butt sometimes.

My RE and I didn't even discuss insurance/private pay. She is clueless at this point. I know she didn't see that I had insurance b/c she mentioned how much the insemination would be.
I have to add that my RE did say she would order another set of FSH, AMH, etc when I came in for my baseline scan. Honestly, I didn't see the point. I've had 2 sets done in the past 6 months, so I declined.

Well I'm a bit embarrassed to say this but in all the tests we've had done I don't know any numbers and have never asked. If the doc says its fine then I stick my head in the sand and say great:thumbup: The only one I actually saw was the HSG and that's because he actually showed me the dye going through my tubes. DH's SA I was told was a bit above average, I have no idea the numbers on anything and my bloods were all "fine" and there was no worry. No worry except I can't get pregnant:growlmad:

Me too Crystal! I said the same thing earlier, LOL

I'm going to get all nursey on you guys and chastize you for not being your own advocates, lol!

Me too Crystal! I said the same thing earlier, LOL

:hugs: Dh gets irritated with me because he's a numbers kinda guy, he'd have everything laid out in a spreadsheet..I on the other hand love to live in my land of unknown:haha:

Sometimes ignorance is bliss, I'll agree with that.

But even my ob/gyn (the only person on the planet I trust to determine if reproductive parts need to be removed from my body) said "Oh, your thyroid levels are fine." Yep, they were fine. It was 3.6 (should be between 1-4). But when I pushed to be given more meds, my level went down to 1.55 and guess what. . . . .that spotting I've had for nearly a year starting at 9dpo, stopped! It was my thyroid afterall.

But, I'm hyperfocused about that type of info. It's probably due to it being related to my profession. I guess if you were a jeweler you'd want all of the info on your diamond. I just want a pretty one. So, I can understand that.

(Ok, I seriously have to focus on my parenting for a couple of hours. My kids are hitting each other and it took me 20 minutes to type this note! I'll be back after 9)

Sometimes ignorance is bliss, I'll agree with that.

But even my ob/gyn (the only person on the planet I trust to determine if reproductive parts need to be removed from my body) said "Oh, your thyroid levels are fine." Yep, they were fine. It was 3.6 (should be between 1-4). But when I pushed to be given more meds, my level went down to 1.55 and guess what. . . . .that spotting I've had for nearly a year starting at 9dpo, stopped! It was my thyroid afterall.

But, I'm hyperfocused about that type of info. It's probably due to it being related to my profession. I guess if you were a jeweler you'd want all of the info on your diamond. I just want a pretty one. So, I can understand that.

(Ok, I seriously have to focus on my parenting for a couple of hours. My kids are hitting each other and it took me 20 minutes to type this note! I'll be back after 9)

I agree Ready:thumbup: I guess for me even if I had the info I wouldn't know what to do with it or I guess what to question:shrug: I will question something if it sounds a bit off to me and DH does get irritated with me at times because I'm too laid back, but I do agree it is good to know your numbers etc.

After a very restless nite of worry about my oestradiol results I read this :In the normal menstrual cycle oestradiol levels measure less than 50 at menstruation,rise with follicular developement (peak:200 pg/ml ),drop briefly at ovulation and rise again at the luteal phase for the second peak ,at the end of lp oestradiol levels drop to their menstrual levels unless there is a pregnancy ,am hoping to get another test and compare the two seeing as I was at the beginning of menstruation with this one ,hope this info helps others ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I had a 3 and 10 FSH. Full panel Hormone check. Saline Ultrasound that checked my Uterine wall and ovaries. Came back normal. I don't repond well to Clomid because of in my particular case cause of my age...

Garnet, if you go the IVF route, what drugs will you use?

Well I am the type that keeps all my results in a big binder. I insist on being given exact numbers over the phone and then I request a copy of it so that I can keep a complete medical record on myself. I have lab results dating back to my pregnancy with my youngest son and that was 8 years ago lol!

My most important tests have been progesterone done at 7 DPO and natural killer cells.

My progesterone at 7 DPO has ranged from anywhere between 8.8 (not good in US levels) and 12.6 (which I was told was fine).

My NK cell blood test showed a very high level of 20.6%. It doesn't matter what CD this is done at.

I have had LOTS of other results but the rest have been normal. Dmom, do you want me to post the normal results too for a reference?

Monica, we would love to see the normal results for reference! Thx! :hugs:

Here goes:

CMV - 0.16 wnl
Toxoplasma - 0.10 wnl
Varicella - 3.83 wnl
Rubella - 2.07 wnl

Progesterone (different tests on different cycles so different levels)

Test 1 - 8.8 mill/ml
Test 2 - 37.2 mill/ml (taken during early pregnancy that went on to miscarriage)
Test 3 - 38.1 mill/ml (taken during early pregnancy that went on to miscarriage)
Test 4 - 31.5 mill/ml (taken during early pregnancy with my youngest son)
Test 5 - 12.3 mill/ml (this was just taken in July 2011 which showed normal level)

DH's Karyotype - NL 46XY
My Karyotype - NL 46XX

Immunilogical Blood Results (warning, long)

Anti-Phospholipid Panel:

Anti Cardio IgG- 7.01 ml
AntiPhosEth IgG- 8.21 ml
AntiPhosInos IgG- 2.77 ml
AntiPhosAcid IgG- 6.40 ml
AntiPhosGlyc IgG- 4.30 ml
AntiPHCholin IgG- 4.90 ml
AntiPHSerine IgG- 4.52 ml

Anti Cardio IgM- 6.82 ml
AntiPhosEth IgM- 12.95 ml
AntiPhosInos IgM- 4.15 ml
AntiPhosAcid IgM- 8.22 ml
AntiPhosGlyc IgM- 4.16 ml
AntiPHCholin IgM- 8.95 ml
AntiPHSerine IgM- 13.30 ml

Anti Cardio IgA- 5.67 ml
AntiPhosEth IgA- 13.46 ml
AntiPhosInos IgA- 3.19 ml
AntiPhosAcid IgA- 6.03 ml
AntiPhosGlyc IgA- 2.64 ml
AntiPHCholin IgA- 4.24 ml
AntiPHSerine IgA- 4.16 ml

Repro Immuno Pheno Type:
CD3 T-Mature 72.3%
CD4 T-helper 48.1%
CD8 T-suppresor 24.2%
CD19 B cells 7.0%
CD56+/16+ NK - 20.6H% ABNORMAL FINDING Reference is 0-11
CD56+/16- MonoNL - 7.0%
Helper/Supressor - 1.99%

Embryo Toxicity Factor - 0.0%

Hope that helps ladies!

I have lab results dating back to my pregnancy with my youngest son and that was 8 years ago lol!

I kept my bbt charts with all of my IUI protocol. Meds, dosages, follicle size, uterine lining thickness, etc.
This was from my son that is now 8.5 years, lol.

After having 3 children and 2 unassisted pregnancies, I was cleaning house and decided to throw it out. You know, let go of the past and all that nonsense.

Well, now I could just beat myself up over pitching it!

Mon_n_John, have you ever read "Is your body baby friendly" by Dr. Beer?

It would be an excellent read for your situation.

I have lab results dating back to my pregnancy with my youngest son and that was 8 years ago lol!

I kept my bbt charts with all of my IUI protocol. Meds, dosages, follicle size, uterine lining thickness, etc.

After having 3 children and 2 unassisted pregnancies, I was cleaning house and decided to throw it out. You know, let go of the past and all that nonsense.

Oh no, I almost did that once too. But I kept thinking what if?

Oh no, I almost did that once too. But I kept thinking what if?

Yeah, after the last 2 kiddos, I got this ridiculous confidence in my body :blush:

That sure did bite me in the a$$ didn't it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->