• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tfi Friday Baw Club!!!!

What is a mini doxie?? And :hissy: can't believe you have a pool I am green with envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sulk:

mini doxie = miniature dachshund.

It's actually my FIL's pool. DH and I live with him - we rent out the basement. We're the people under the stairs. :rofl:

Im using FF to chart my temps coz I was TTC for 9 months last time & the 1st month I charted my temps i got pregnant!

I know what u mean about being scared about when we do get our BFP's...

My 1st pregnancy i was over the moon & never thought for a single second that anything would go wrong (M/c at 10.5wks) it took almost 2 years before I felt emotionally ready to TTC & it seemed to take forever to fall pregnant again but when i did get my BFP I found that all the magic had been taken away as I was unable to get excited incase anything went wrong.

I was a nervous wreck for at least the first 12wks then just started to relax thinking i was out of the woods when my waters started leaking at 16wks, managed to struggle on to 18+3 but ended up going into premature labour & lost my little girl.

I know it's gonna be sooo hard next time tho... coz i'll be panicking till at least the 20wk mark.

Just trying to think positively & hope that I can't possibly be THAT unlucky to have something else go wrong.

Sorry didn't mean to put a downer on things xx

I've never had a :bfp: but I share everyone's concerns. Miscarriages run in my family, my mom had 1 in between my brother and I and my aunt had 7 so I'm quite fearful of little beanie sticking when I do eventually get that :bfp:

Nicky,

You are such a strong person.. I really admire you. Your next beanie will be a super strong sticky beanie even if I have to come over and put your legs up in stirrups!! I agree defo spoils the innocence of pregnancy.

Nicky,

You are such a strong person.. I really admire you. Your next beanie will be a super strong sticky beanie even if I have to come over and put your legs up in stirrups!! I agree defo spoils the innocence of pregnancy.

Aw thanks hun :hugs:

Dont wanna kill the chatter tho... its friday afternoon after all!!

Not long till hometime YAY!! :happydance:

Thank God for that 2 hours to go for me. How long for the US??

It's only 10:30 am here - so 6 more hours for me! :cry:

Nicky -That must be so hard going through early labour. Everyone says wait until the 12 week scan to hear everything is ok, You don't think that anything is going to go wrong after being told there is a HB. So sorry you had to go through that. I have everything crossed for you that it will be third time lucky for you.

Chris - I don't think MC's run in families, they are just soo frequent that it may appear that way. It doesn't necessarily mean the same is going to happen to you. My Mum didn't have any, My sister hasn't so far, I'm just the unlucky one.

Yeah I couldn't believe that the risk is 1 in 4

DH and I were chatting before we conceived and he was saying "i produce millions of sperm and you get one egg a month, that's not very good is it"
Well no not really, not when your trying to conceive, and with the odds of it working not very high, it's surprising the human race is doing aswell as it is.

I'm not sure whereabouts in Calgary it was. We were suppose to fly back to London in the morning, but when we got to the airport, Air Canada cancelled our flight and we had to wait until the evening to get our rescheduled flight, so instead of waiting in the airport we took a cab and asked the driver to take us somewhere warm...hehe!!! I really don't blame you for spending your honeymoon in Banff it is soo beautiful, I would love to go back and hope to at some point in the future.

Willing to bet it was the same garden. Beautiful place.

Aww Nicky big :hug: to you chick, it must have been the worst experience ever, I really hope you get a :bfp: really soon :hugs:

Chris - people under the stairs - :rofl: I love that film it is so creepy!!

DH and I were chatting before we conceived and he was saying "i produce millions of sperm and you get one egg a month, that's not very good is it"
Well no not really, not when your trying to conceive, and with the odds of it working not very high, it's surprising the human race is doing aswell as it is.

Very surprising now you put it like that!!!

Thats why all babies really are little miracles!!

Read this!! very depressing :hissy:

An egg is released each cycle when ovulation occurs. This only happens once in a cycle, though rarely another egg will be released within 24 hours of the first egg. Given the fact that the egg will only live for 12 to 24 hours, the window of opportunity is very narrow for pregnancy to occur. It is important to time intercourse to make sure that there are sperm present when the egg is released from the ovary. From this standpoint, a woman has 12 to 24 hours to actually get pregnant each month.

Kerry I have put a post on the TTC forum - ooh I am all nervous now, hurry up and move over with me everyone, never mind waiting!!

Read this!! very depressing :hissy:

An egg is released each cycle when ovulation occurs. This only happens once in a cycle, though rarely another egg will be released within 24 hours of the first egg. Given the fact that the egg will only live for 12 to 24 hours, the window of opportunity is very narrow for pregnancy to occur. It is important to time intercourse to make sure that there are sperm present when the egg is released from the ovary. From this standpoint, a woman has 12 to 24 hours to actually get pregnant each month.

I know it's sucks doesn't it.
Then most of us here have done it once and I'm sure we can do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->