• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thank goodness I have insurance

pineapple91

Reaction score
Saw the ob for the first time yesterday and because of my age and 2 previous losses she prescribed progesterone suppositories and baby aspirin.
The aspirin was otc and cheep so no biggie there but when I went to get the script filled, first of all no pharmacy had it in stock so I have to wait till today to get it, but when the pharmacist said its covered but because of my plan I would have to pay 10% and that would be $72 I was like wow expensive stuff. I am also glad I don't have to pay up front coming up with $720 wouldn't have been easy. That for 60 suppositories a 1 month supply.:shock:

You can always ask for a generic too progesterone is progesterone any way you cut it.

Those can be expensive. I had to use them a lot when I was trying to get pregnant, and I had no insurance. Surprisingly, they were the cheapest medication I needed. For the pregnancy I am using progesterone in oil and it is a lot cheaper than the suppositories.

Yes, you are fortunate. I had to take it as well due to age (a itty bit older than you) and previous losses and altho I had insurance it didn't cover it. I got it filled once a week and it was about $100+ a week, which I guess isn't too terribly bad. (got it filled each week just in case I miscarried again bc I had taken it the previous pregnancy too. I had got it filled for the whole month and then lost the pregnancy the following week) So YAY for good insurance for you :)

Good luck!!

Omg I had no idea they were so expensive!! I had them last time due to RMC's but this time no mention! Guess that's why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->