Thank you gifts for nurses

Gagrlinpitt

Pregnant with #1 rainbow
Reaction score
So I've been looking on Pinterest and I think I want to get two gift baskets for the l&d/ postpartum nurses. I thought maybe some chocolate, coffee, and a few healthy options for each basket just to say thank you. Anyone else doing gifts?

Those are great ideas! I did that when I had my son and will do the same with this baby. As a nurse I can say it's always genuinely appreciated when people recognize how hard you are working for them and they take the time to say thank you. Food and coffee are the best ideas and get eaten up fast!! (Of coarse provided you have a good experience or a good nurse. Don't feel obligated to do that if you are unhappy with your care).

I did this with my last daughter, I got my Dr a nice basket with a coffee cup, snack , gum, nail polish, a loofa, a Starbucks gift card, and of course a card. I did a basket of snacks, coffee and gum for the nurses on l&d , and I did a basket similar to the one for my Dr for my birth photographer.. it was a LOT lol, but everyone was so appreciative of it and it seemed to really make them feel special!!

When I went to the hospital to have DD1, I brought some individually wrapped small brownies that I got at Costco for the staff. I have a thing about eating foods that others have had their hands in and assumed it would be especially worse in a hospital setting. The nurses and doctors were appreciative of the treats and agreed that wrapped store bought food is more appetizing than food that may have been touched by who knows who. :)

51Z9y4qnqdL._SY355_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->