Thanksgiving?

jinxii

Reaction score
Who else is doing the cooking? I have 12 coming.. and I am still sick from the smell of foods. This will be fun.. *sigh* but it's tradition for me to cook, I've done it for the last 14 or so years!

I feel sorry for you....it sucks to cook when you feel nauseous. Maybe buy a surgical mask or something like that so you don't have to endure that supposed to be pleasant aroma :sick: Maybe someone can assist you in case it gets to hard to manage.

We don't have Thanksgiving here but I can't stand the smell of cooking each night! My poor DH cooks for himself & DS & I hide out upstairs & can't come down until everything is cleared away & he's sprayed air freshener!! I feel for you!

I typically do all the cooking as well but fortunately my dad wanted to change our routine this year and have each of us, me and my younger four sisters, draw two categories and make something from them so I'm only making two dishes which seems much more manageable! I'm so thankful for that because I just knew if I cooked a ton of stuff there was no way I was going to be able to eat any of it. I feel for you!!

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here, but I am hosting Christmas this year - I've got 8 coming to cook for and I am praying I feel a little better by then or I will be taking breaks to gag and breathe in fresh air :haha:

Definitely rope in help if you can, and keep the doors or windows open as you cook for lots of fresh air!

Luckily my husband is a huge help every Thanksgiving. He does all the cleaning, presses the linens and sets the table, reaches everything up high, and does prep work. I couldn't do it without him! And I am not doing my usual insane amount of dishes.. Usually there are around 15 dishes that I cook + appetizers. And I start a month early cooking and freezing. This year I am going with the basics and a few appetizers. Husband keeps trying to talk me into just purchasing things like cranberry sauce but nope. I like homemade!

I'm doing Thanksgiving at my house too! I do every year, I've been doing prep all day today so that if I don't feel well tomorrow I don't have too much on my hands! Good luck!

I hope everyone survived the holiday! We do it on Saturday so my siblings can all go to their in-laws on the actual day so it's tomorrow for us. I do have a bunch of prep done and everything should come together fairly easily tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->