The **1+ and still not walking** thread

brooke is just under 1 so im not to worried but she can cruise and stand alone sometimes for a while others she just falls forward in to ur arms,

although saying that today she let go to walk from the coffee table to the tv unit she did let go but fell.

my eldest walked at 10 months but my other 2 where 13 months.

helllooo all just wanted to update you all

Fynn is now choosing to walk rather than crawl about 30% of the time lol - he is still in too much of a hurry to get everywhere and crawls at about a million miles an hour lol but he walks really well now

Sam bless him is pulling to stand and generally being a lot more mobile - I walked into the bedroom the other day and he was just standing up holding onto the wall (bearing in mind he was 18 months before he pulled up to sitting by himself) his physio is going really well and he doesnt need any extra suppoprt for his hypermobile ankles now they are strengthening themselves. We got a trolley walker yesterday after his physio recommended on on thursday and weighed it down with sand bags to make it more stable and he walked accross the room pushing it today.

The boys are 21 months next week - sheesh

helllooo all just wanted to update you all

Fynn is now choosing to walk rather than crawl about 30% of the time lol - he is still in too much of a hurry to get everywhere and crawls at about a million miles an hour lol but he walks really well now

Sam bless him is pulling to stand and generally being a lot more mobile - I walked into the bedroom the other day and he was just standing up holding onto the wall (bearing in mind he was 18 months before he pulled up to sitting by himself) his physio is going really well and he doesnt need any extra suppoprt for his hypermobile ankles now they are strengthening themselves. We got a trolley walker yesterday after his physio recommended on on thursday and weighed it down with sand bags to make it more stable and he walked accross the room pushing it today.

The boys are 21 months next week - sheesh

Yay!!! Sounds like the boys are doing great, remember Jacob was 19.5 months before he beared any weight on his legs and 22.5 months before he walked, I reckon both your boys will be running rings round you soon :)

I had Jacob back at the consultant on Friday for his review and to be honest I hardly got a word of what he said as Jacob was so stressed, he doesn't seem to like the Dr :dohh:
Anyway, he did say that Jacob was flat footed and had hyper mobility in his joints too which is why he was so late to walk, he also said that he still has tibial torsion (the position of the legs in the womb) which is why his feet still turn inwards. I'm not convinced that he doesn't need little insoles or something though even for the flat feet as he trips up a lot.
He did blood tests (this was horrendous and Jacob now has 2 big bruises on his wee foot as they couldn't get a vein anywhere) to check his muscles or something as he can't climb on to the sofa etc yet, he really struggles with climbing at soft play too. Anyway, I'm a bit annoyed that he waited until the end of our treatment before doing the blood tests but now we will just have to wait and see what happens. Unfortunately, even though the Dr is a childrens Dr, he doesn't really know how to act around children at all and he kept talking to me while Jacob was screaming the place down which made it all a bit more stressful too! So now we will just have to wait to see if there are any other problems when the bloods come back!

Hi Sweetie Sam had blood tests too and all came back fine it's horrible though isn't it bless them eh xxxxxxx

Think im gunna have a walker soon!
Harrison walked across the room towards me today :cloud9:
Hes still super unsteady but its damn cute :D

Hi can i join this thread :) My LO is 13month old, walk's along furniture or if i'm holding both his hands (has been since about 7month) crawls, can stand on his own for a matter of seconds, but will not walk on his own - you can tell he's wanting to go, but chickens out and crawl's instead.

We have a progress! DD took her first steps 2 days ago! She took about 4, she walked towards her Godfather on my baby shower lol. We all get to see it, it was amazing! Later on she took a few more. Yesterday she took two more sets of 4 steps and today none so far so I am on a walking watch haha. She is very stable and I know she can walk if she wants to but I will let nature do its job, I guess she will do it when she wants to. Its soo exciting tho, today I dont want to do anything but just sit with my video camera and wait for the moment LOL

Bella will be 16 months this Thursday and still not walking.

Callum is 13 months tomorrow and can now stand unaided for 5 seconds if you let go while holding him :happydance:

LO was 1 on Friday and still not walking!

She can stand unaided but only if she doesn't "notice". Like if she is engrossed in the TV and I slip my hand away. She can walk while holding onto one hand and quite often takes a few steps on her own but only if I let go while she's walking or if she forgets and doesn't realise what she's doing. She doesn't have great balance when walking though and usually walks and falls at the same time, managing about 3 steps!

H can now stand un aided, will walk holding onto one hand and most days takes a few steps on his own when he thinks noone is lookin

zak could walk if he wanted to...he just doesnt want to lol or more hes afraid of falling over, he'll walk along holdin onto the furniture or push his walker or ever his pram along, but wont hold ur hand and walk or do it on his own, my husbands tricked him a few times and give him a little shove and hes taken a few steps without realising wat hes done lol but then he'll slop down and climb up holdin on again lol

Teehee. Lil' started commando crawling at 10mths and a week and didnt start "proper" crawling until exactly a year old!

NO signs of walking!

But she has 15 teeth and jabbers away so i dont mind. I thank my lucky stars she isnt running away from me yet!

I can officially join in here now! LO crawls at super speed, stands up on the furniture and will cruise along it a little, but he's abslutely not up for walking! I'm like tu123 though...not bothered one bit! I think other people are more concerned than me and OH: family members keep grabbing him by his hands and trying to make him take steps, but he just drops down to his knees and crawls away laughing!

Grace took a couple of steps about a week ago but nothing since! Over 21 months now!

Miss E has been crawling since 7months, she can cruise like a pro and took a few steps on her own before her first birthday... Since then it's a few steps here and there but nothing. She'll walk holding my hand and that's about it!

Grace took a couple of steps about a week ago but nothing since! Over 21 months now!

I'LL race you I bet Sam is later lol. Fynn is now choosing to walk rather than crawl about 80% of the time - first steps 18 months 3 days and walking properly 19 months 3 weeks 6 days sooooo its been about 3.5 months.

Sam has been doing fab walks everywhere holding two hands - cruising and pulling to stand yay!

Only negative is that they both hate the buggy now :dohh:

19 half months here, still not walking alone, doing lots of walking holding hands, cruising round furniture and with her walker.... it seems like it is never going to happen.

Xavier took two little steps on his own today - he went from holding on one kitchen cupboard handle and stepped out to get to a different cupboard (which was only two steps away, so he reached it)!

He's not really standing unaided otherwise. He did about 4 seconds at my mum's a week and a half ago but that's all.

ooook well update from yesturdays...H has started walking on his own :) he's spent the most of today getting up and walking to the other side of the room :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->