The **1+ and still not walking** thread

We have progress... Grace now gets herself to standing without needing to pull up on anything. She then announces 'walking' and waits until she is being watched before taking between 2 and 6 little steps. Stubbon little madam still won't let use help her and hold her hands though!

So nice to see im not the only one, I sooooo belong in here lol my lazy little boy is 15 months old nearly 16 months and he is still not walking. He runs across the living room with his walker, walks holding one hand and has took two little steps before falling on his bum and saying ' oh oh' lol. I dont think he will be long though. Im not too worried about his walking as his speech is coming on brilliantly, he also spends most of his time sitting exploring things and takes sooo much in :)

Mine has now decided to walk most places, although she does a great zombie stagger most of the time... Need to teach her tO say "brains" :D

Ollie is still not walking but not worried as he will do it in his own time. He is much more of a talker his words are brilliant.

I can join now :haha: Evan is 13 months next week!!

He pulled to standing and started cruising the furniture and with his walker at just over 8 months. but he seems to have zero interest in walking and standing by himself!! He has taken steps (more like stumbles really) But if you try to get hi to stand unaided he won't. He can cos he lets go of the furniture. He can crawl so quick why walk I guess. I know I shouldn't but I am getting impatient :haha:

Xavier hasn't got much further this week. But then over the course of today he did two lots of two steps, one of three, one of four and two of five steps (not all together!).

Managed to get this little video of him. Please please excuse the mess and also the plastic bag over the sofa (not normally there).

https://youtu.be/i2uGa7B1KKU

ETA - sorry it's only showing the link and not the video embedded directly like seems to happen for most people - don't know how you do that?

DD has JUST started walking unaided! But she thinks it's so funny that she sends herself off-balance where she's laughing so hard!!! Lol. And now that she can walk she's finally taking an interest in her array of walkers. It is amazing how quickly they progress when they start late, you can see a huge improvement every single day! It really is lovely :)

My little girl wont walk, she can do so when holding my hand but just blatantly refuses most of the time and locks her legs out and wont bend them and then paddies about it. Yet she can pull herself up, walks round furniture and uses a walker, she can climb up the stairs etc but just will not go any further and walk by herself - she wants to crawl everywhere. She has been at this stage for about 5 months now and its getting me down because I cant get her to walk. :cry: Feel like im failing somehow. She will be 17 months in a weeks time. Dont know what to do now really.

can i join now, chloes only just over a year but i think we will be waiting for a while for her to walk, shes been crusing for about 3-4wks, if i hold her hands she just buckles her legs and she also does the same when she stands with her walker. she doesnt show any interest in walking really as i think she knows its quicker to crawl plus shes a bit of a wuss sometimes so i think shes worried about hurting herself:dohh:

My little girl wont walk, she can do so when holding my hand but just blatantly refuses most of the time and locks her legs out and wont bend them and then paddies about it. Yet she can pull herself up, walks round furniture and uses a walker, she can climb up the stairs etc but just will not go any further and walk by herself - she wants to crawl everywhere. She has been at this stage for about 5 months now and its getting me down because I cant get her to walk. :cry: Feel like im failing somehow. She will be 17 months in a weeks time. Dont know what to do now really.

You aren't failing, hun! Every child is different and anywhere up to 18 months is considered within the average range.

Xavier has progressed a bit. He took 12 steps in a row at toddler group on Friday and then another 15 in a row about ten minutes later! He's not equalled that at home (though probalby lack of space!) but if he's already standing he will now attempt walking first (usually only 2-5 steps) and then crawl once he falls down. If he's already sitting though, he'll crawl rather than stand to walk.

Grace has been walking round the house a lot today... yippee! I can see it being quite a while before she sees walking as her primary mode of movement though.

Grace has been walking round the house a lot today... yippee! I can see it being quite a while before she sees walking as her primary mode of movement though.

oohh ayayayya well done Grace!!!!!! It was about five weeks for Fynn before he chose to walk all the time rather than crawl.

We have Sam progress yayayayayayaya - at the grand old age of 22 months he is JUST starting to let go of one hand! Seriously ladies you have no idea how much this will change my life once he can walk just holding onto one hand - I am sooo excited I can use reigns, take them to the park alone, walk along holding one hand each and ohohohohoho I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

aww thats great well done grace and sam!!!:)

its not really walking progress but chloes now mastered crawling up the stairs which as least some kind of movement progress:)

I have an 11 month old 1 week away from 1 year and she is going backwards took her ages to crawl..... She used to walk holding our hands now she sits on her bum and is so lazy...Dont think she'll b moving anytime soon

We have a walker here. DD took her first steps on Nov 5th(15 1/2 months) and now she walks 99% of the time :)

Great news about Sam, Vicky... I knew we'd get there in the end!

Well done Sam!

M is now walking a lot of the time. She still prefers crawling to get somewhere quickly but will quite happily walk and follow me around! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->