The 2 under 2 discussion thread - **labour arrangements**

Hi everyone, and hello to some new faces.

I've been so wrapped up with upstairs sleeping arrangements, i haven't even thought about baby's day time sleeping/napping. We live in a house now, had an apartment before and so it was quite easy, so I think I need to find a moses basket or crib for daytime naps downstairs. Humph, forgot about that bit

I'm a bit concerned about daytime napping, just not convinced the moses basket can withstand an inquisitive Evie pulling it without the stand toppling over. It might have to be a case of putting the moses basket inside the travel cot, but we'll cross that bridge soon enough.

Yeah, that's why I've decided on a swing, or playmat for #2 to sleep on for the first couple of months. There's no way a Mose's would stay upright!

Hi guys. Can I join? My daughter will be 18 months when bub#2 is born. I'm due Dec 27th. xx

Is anyone worried about baby #1 having their sleep disrumpted by the new baby? My daughter sleeps through at the moment. Can I kiss goodbye to that when bubs arrives?

I dont know, I'm not worried about it really cause when baby wakes as soon as he's on the boob it should be ok, unless he's having an unsettled night then I'll bring him down stairs and shut the door? I hope it doesnt make her wake in the night, never really thought of that :nope: x

I'm not sure, it's going to be quite disruptive for them and who can say how they'll react to the changes? :shrug:

I never had a problem with dd1 as she will sleep through pretty much anything. However this time I am a little bit concerned as dd2 is much more of a lighter sleeper. It really doesn't take alot to disturb her.

Eloise still doesn't sleep through, hoping that will change by the time Titch arrives!

We have a noise machine in Duck's room, so that really helps block out any extra sounds...like a newborn crying, I hope!!

I have a Moses but probably won't use the stand just in case! I also have a crib in my room so will probably use that for naps as soon as I am comfortable, just so she gets some peace and quiet from her brother!

I've bought another Moses Basket mattress for my pramette so that the baby can sleep in it downstairs during the day. Reading this thread brought it to my attention that Bella would be able to easily reach into the Moses basket!

Eeek pink cant believe your due tomorrow!!! just over 4 weeks for me but i reckon baby will come on 20th june or 7th june xxx

Ok ladies, next topic

Help and assistance/nurseries/day care

What kind of help will you be getting from family or even friends?
Does your first LO go to day care/nursery/have a nanny?
How will you ensure you get some alone time with the next one?
When will you go back to work? (if you will)

I'm a SAHM and I live 6 minutes drive from my mum and 35 minutes from MIL. My mum has already said she is more than happy to get stuck in and help me, taking Max whenever need be etc. MIL has Max one afternoon a week and we've not discussed yet if she'll taken Chichi too or not. I will hope to have one afternoon a week to myself like I do now so I can get all my jobs done, but I want some time with just Chichi as well as some time with just Max so I need to start thinking about how I am going to play this.

We had monster in nursery for one day a week before elf came along and we carried it on when she arrived meaning I could have some time with her.

My Dad and his wife take the kids overnight say once/twice a month as do OH's Mum and Dad. My Mum will occasionally take them to the park an afternoon every other week too so we are fortunate in that matter.

We have a night time routine that starts with tea at 5 and the both babies in bed by 7.30pm (Elf at 7pm and Monster at 7.30pm). This gives OH and I much needed time together and time to get the housework done!

I go back to work in about 2 weeks and unfortunately it isn't an option to do my job part time and in this current climate it would be foolish of me to give it up. OH works shifts so he'll have the kids two days and the babies will be in nursery 2.5 days and my mum will pick them up on the afternoon they're not in nursery.

If I'm honest I'm really nervous about going back to work. We've agreed we don't want anymore children so I suppose 20th June will be the next chapter in our lives of both parents back in work!!

Hubby works and I'm a SAHM. Daisy is with me 24/7, no nursery or no one takes her out for the afternoon or anything. The only times I ever leave her is for antenatal appointments or to go to SANDS meetings which by then she is already in bed.

When baby arrives it'll likely just be the 3 of us in the day, and I'm sure I'll countdown the hours for Daddy to be home. I have family live close (literally the next streets) so I'm sure if I needed anything they could help. DH and I have said that we will do things individually with them (say he takes Oliver I have Daisy vice versa) then we'll also go

* out as a family too and spend time together x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->