The 2 under 2 discussion thread - **labour arrangements**

Congratulations Helbaby!

Hayley, that's the one we're going to buy. I'm glad you think it's good. We've only been able to see the single version in person, so ordering the double blindly. It's over £450 here, so hoping to buy it online and get it delivered ot my parents in the UK so we can bring it back with us this summer.

I would definately recommend it :D we bought the zia cocoon to put in it that'll hopefully last us 2 months or so.

Do your parents live nr kiddicare? when we went to instore they had it for £250 take today price, worth having a look if theyre there x

Naps and bedtimes

This is my most major fear. I have a big thing about naps, being in the right place, timing it right, making sure he has enough sleep etc etc etc.

And the fear of having a baby who sleeps all the time the first few weeks before settling into 3 naps a day all the while concerning myself over Max's dinner time nap is doing my head in.

I keep telling myself Chichi will just have to fit in around Max, but in reality what is going to work? I just feel it'll be a neverending nap cycle with me never leaving the house as one of the babies will be sleeping at some point.

Am I the only one stressing?

Advise? Ideas? Concerns? xx

Hmmm. My Dad's wife used to put DS1 for an afternoon nap at the same time as her DD (22.5 months apart). I think he used to sleep 1-4pm and she slept 2-4pm (because she had an early morning and late morning nap too).

I'm not so concerned about this. I always made Ellie fit around what I wanted to do up until about 4 months old when she started napping in her cot. By then I'll just try to make it so they both sleep at the same time in the afternoon but any other naps Titch can do in the car seat/pram/sling.

That's the plan anyway!

My Dad and his wife went to the park on Sunday with all three kids (all under 4). So in my mind, if they can do it, then so can I!!!

I would definately recommend it :D we bought the zia cocoon to put in it that'll hopefully last us 2 months or so.

Do your parents live nr kiddicare? when we went to instore they had it for £250 take today price, worth having a look if theyre there x
I don't know; I thought Kiddiecare was online only :haha: I'll have a look online and see if perhaps they can pop into it if they're close.

Remember that when a baby is NB it can sleep very easily, anywhere. if you need to go out, I don't think he/she would wake very easily if you moved him/her into the buggy when already asleep.

The only thing I'm worried about is my daughter being so excited about the baby that she won't ever leave it to nap, and will constantly be waking it up :wacko:

In my 2 weeks experience:)haha:) you have to go out when newborn is sleeping otherwise you will never go out and your toddler will be stir crazy! I have a sling which I have found so useful as I can get on with things with minimal disturbance to Lottie. As she gets older I will try and get them to nap at similar times but will have to report back on that!

At night I've not had either one wake the other up yet so seems to be working out ok! (will probably happen tonight now lol)

Hope all is going well Pinkclaire!!x

hi ladies xx
Just found out Im expecting again, its really early days so keeping my fingers crossed pip sticks.
I have one ds who is nearly 11 months, so he will be 19/20 months by pip is here, providing everything goes to plan xx

Glad to hear you ladies are doing well andcongrats to emmadaisy on your bfp.

We've been busy here and often at night, I'm too tired to post.

Christian just loves Celeste and wants to help a lot. I'm hoping to potty train him soon so less diapers to wash.

Celeste is a good girl and doctor has given us go ahead to start on solids. She's trying to roll over these days and loves her sleep sheep. She also stares and smiles at Christian a lot.

We're managing to do our best with 2 under 2 and think we're doing fairly well.

For Celeste's birth, she came about 4 days early. Shocking thing was that we got to hospital at 10:15 am and she was born at 10:55 am. They didn't have enough time to give medication and unfortunately a 4th degree tear occurred. Due to that and some other medical stuff, the doctor said no more kids but we're ok with that.

Congratulations on bfps!!

Just a quick warning, my toddlers sleep has really been affected by the arrival of baby. It's taking me around 3hrs to get him down at night whereas he used to just put himself to bed fine. That for me has been the hardest thing as everynight it's exhausting tryin to get him to sleep and then having to battle the night time feeds. Hopefully you won't get that but if your prepared and have a plan it might help you get over it quicker than we have!

Hi all :flower: just wanted to throw some of my worries out there for you :haha:

I'm worried about naps and things as I'm very scheduled with Belle's nap and always have been. I spent a lot of time teaching her to sleep without being swaddled and to be able to sleep in her cot and pram so she was used to sleeping anywhere.

I'm worried I won't be able to to this with new baby and I'll be rocking her to sleep for months :dohh: ( nothing wrong with that just not for us) I feel as tho we'll be stuck in all day with me trying to get baby to nap and letting Belle have her nap :dohh:

Also worried about dinner time being manic lol! I'm imagining a screaming hungry baby and a hungry toddler climbing on the sides :haha:

I've been thinking about if Belle wakes in the night will it wake baby as I still use a monitor by the side of my bed for Belle. Also other way round if baby wakes Belle! I'm thinking of taking a bottle up with me so baby doesn't actually cry for food???

Also wondering which car seat goes behind menin car?

Argh!!!!! Lol! Sorry I'm just so worried! I'm such a laid back person on general but with my daughter (and next daughter) i like things done a certain way!

My main worry is bedtime and naptime. Belle has always had enough sleep and it shows, she's always happy content very rarely cries doesn't tantrum ( bet I jinx myself :haha:)

Can I do the same this time round? Sorry for long post just need tips :thumbup:

Might but some berroca once babys here :haha: thanks ladies xxx

You'll be fine! You will probably need to be more relaxed about your routine for a while but it may actually work in your favour! You won't be rocking your LO to sleep because there's no time for it, I know that sounds bad but it's just how it is!

Your new baby will be used to the noise. Remember they can hear everything in utero at the end. My youngest sleeps through everything, James tantruming, dog barking, husband shouting, the lot lol. I think it's much different to your first, when in the last few weeks you tend to be on your own and its very quiet!

The baby hasnt woke my toddler up yet. On purpose his room is the one furthest away from ours, and it's worked fine! Somehow it just slots in together.

At dinner it's fine at the moment. I suggest teaching your toddler to feed themselves if they don't already. I don't know if your planning on bf, but quite often I feed at the table while my toddler eats and I eat with my spare hand!

Hey :) I'm Kymberlee,
my daughter is 7 month (tomorrow)
so her baby sister/brother and her will be 14 months apart :D

Feeding/breastfeeding

Did you breastfeed or formula feed the first time? What will you do this time? What issues are you worried about?

I had issues BFing with Max (latch and supply) and ended up expressing for 3 weeks until breast milk wasn't enough for him. I also have milk and nipple phobias, however I intend on trying again with the next one but worry I'll not have enough time to give it my all with Max in my life as well. Just going to see what happens when the next one arrives

i bf for a week then switched to expressing for another 3 then switched to formula cos the expressing was too tiring to keep up with.

im hoping to bf this time round and persevere more with it. already been to a breastfeeding group for advice and support, but im not sure how ill manage it and callum so if it is too difficult i plan to try combi feeding and then just formula.

I bf Duck and it went pretty good, although he was awfully slow at first and I worry that #2 will be as well and what will I do with Duck when this is happening? I guess I'll just have to be more mobile! Yikes! I was never very good at that! That's probably my biggest concern...what will Duck do when I'm completely occupied with LO?

I BF Zoe and will BF Nunu.. somehow I will make it work.. but will not stress myself out if it does not work.. will just go with the flow i guess.. :hugs:

I desperately wanted to BF Ellie but had issues with her latching - it just never happened! At day 5 she hadn't weed for over 24 hours so they were about to refer her back to the hospital and in desperation I gave her FF overnight to get her to wee. And she did! So I then combi fed expressed milk and FF for a while.

This time I'd love to BF exclusively, so am taking steps before birth to educate myself as much as possible. I'll just make it work what with having Ellie around and her needing attention but after a while I will express so DH can feed too. That'll give me time just for Ellie - like if I take her swimming for an hour, it'll be nice knowing DH has EBM just incase.

I BF James and I'mBF Charlotte, its been fine, I have some books for James which we read together (great advantage having a hand free) but he does tend to get into trouble while I'm feeding so just baby/toddler-proof your house as much as possible and accept you might have to relax the rules for a bit to get through it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->