The 4-5 weeks prego thread : )

I'm 4w1d. I'm sooo tired! My boobs hurt so much I can't believe it! Rang dr's yesterday and they said midwife is on hol next week and if they can't get you in in a week they give you her number so I'm goina ring her in a while to see what to do next.

They won't scan me until 6 weeks, apparently it's their policy not to scan before then because they don't see the point unless there is a chance of seeing a heartbeat. Fair enough!

They wont scan me until 12 weeks minimum and wont see me until 8 minimum. Whereabouts in UK are you? It baffles me why things are so different depending on where you live despite the fact that its all NHS. :nope: I might end up going private at this rate!

hi im 5+2 today. Only confirmed with digital test yesterday, i was convinced the dull cramps were AF coming!! I have been bloated and gassy and a tad nauseous but other than that and the mild cramps nothing to report really! x

I found out last week. Im nearly 6 weeks. Sore boobs, tiredness (that seems to be lessening), really achy hips which feels like sciatica. Some really intense cravings.

My midwife wont see me until week 8 although nothing booked in yet. Not had any blood tests or anything done so just hoping everything is ok. Im very jealous of those who have already seen someone and had an appointment. Nice one! My doctor looked at me like I was an alien when I said Id just come in for a chat as I just tested and found out I was pregnant. Seemed like I was wasting his time. He wouldnt even do a test to check if I was in fact pregnant. Took my blood pressure and that was it. :(

Thats abit naughty of your doc, should really have done you another test to be sure and booked you in to see midwife. with my 1st baby, i saw doc at 4 weeks and they booked me in there and then for midwife for few days later and then she booked me in for hosp appointment few days after that(that was because of complications though)! i was very well looked after, hope i am this time too! seeing doc this afternoon x

I am very bloated, getting waves of nausea and very tired thats it at the moment. Have a doctors appointment on Friday to confirm and then dont expect to see midwife until about 8 weeks as this is my 2nd pregnancy.

I'm 4 wks 4 days no really MS yet, sore boobs on and off, hungry a lot but hate the idea of anything sweet, weeing heaps, achey/stretchy feeling in my tummy, extremely tired I napped for 2 hours today and I also think I might be a little moody lol

I found out last week. Im nearly 6 weeks. Sore boobs, tiredness (that seems to be lessening), really achy hips which feels like sciatica. Some really intense cravings.

My midwife wont see me until week 8 although nothing booked in yet. Not had any blood tests or anything done so just hoping everything is ok. Im very jealous of those who have already seen someone and had an appointment. Nice one! My doctor looked at me like I was an alien when I said Id just come in for a chat as I just tested and found out I was pregnant. Seemed like I was wasting his time. He wouldnt even do a test to check if I was in fact pregnant. Took my blood pressure and that was it. :(

Thats abit naughty of your doc, should really have done you another test to be sure and booked you in to see midwife. with my 1st baby, i saw doc at 4 weeks and they booked me in there and then for midwife for few days later and then she booked me in for hosp appointment few days after that(that was because of complications though)! i was very well looked after, hope i am this time too! seeing doc this afternoon x

I even had a sample in my bag with me but he said there was no point as their tests are the exact same as the ones you can buy in the supermarket. I had to probe him for answers to everything. No information was forthcoming at all. I just phoned the doctor again just now as Im getting irritated and they said that there is no need to see me earlier than 8-9 weeks because if its early days and if I miscarry there wouldnt be anything they could do about it anyway. My 8/9 week appointment is my booking appointment and they will take blood at that point and book me in for a 12 week scan. Seeing me any earlier "is a waste of time as things can 'happen' with early pregnancies". :growlmad:

My doctor didnt even do a urine test either ! i just showed her my three tests , 2 frer's and clearblue digi . My booking apt is 21st of November , think thats with my midwife . But i have this pregnancy health group to go to on Friday at the doctors and apparently they will either give me the date of my scan or send off for it ... not sure what they meant lol
Now where can be as bad as london for doctors/hospitals ... glad im in bristol now xx

Can I join you guys? I'm approximately 5 weeks now - got a scan on Friday to confirm because my cycles have been so irregular and long.

My symptoms are just going to the toilet a lot and mild cramps...nothing else yet.

good luck with the scan vanilla spice . I was going to pretend not knowing my cycle so i could get a scan but then felt its better to wait as last year i had a scan at 5 wks and felt reassured but then i mc'd 5 days after . I think after 6 weeks thats when the harsher symptoms begin . x

I am joining in too! I found out last night and got a Dr's App at 11. Lets see what happens at the Doc's. I don't like how Dr's fob you off. I think its an insult when the tax payer pays there wages and they won't spend 20 minutes talking to you. Last time i went i came out raving!

I know . I'd expect it from the men but not from the women doctors ... show some compassion lol x

To say this is the most important time in a womans life, I think the system is crap!

exactly , it's quite worrying too. they did say that if you have any concerns in the meantime, ask ur gp but i guess they would still fob u off . you got to be pushy with them and make a fuss x

They won't scan me until 6 weeks, apparently it's their policy not to scan before then because they don't see the point unless there is a chance of seeing a heartbeat. Fair enough!

They wont scan me until 12 weeks minimum and wont see me until 8 minimum. Whereabouts in UK are you? It baffles me why things are so different depending on where you live despite the fact that its all NHS. :nope: I might end up going private at this rate!

I'm seing the EPU (Early Pregancy Unit) probably because the ladies feel bad for last time sending me away at 13 weeks after complaining about a couple of things then 3 weeks later my baby died.

They are just monitoring my HCG until tomorrow which so far is looking good then they will scan me next week. I'm being hospital led so I guess after this I will have to wait for the routine apt as I don't see a midwife (good, there as useless as a bent key).

I'm seing the EPU (Early Pregancy Unit) probably because the ladies feel bad for last time sending me away at 13 weeks after complaining about a couple of things then 3 weeks later my baby died.

They are just monitoring my HCG until tomorrow which so far is looking good then they will scan me next week. I'm being hospital led so I guess after this I will have to wait for the routine apt as I don't see a midwife (good, there as useless as a bent key).

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope my midwife isnt terrible as Im not the type of person to hold my tongue if I feel that she is useless! Good luck with the scan! x

Not all midwives need shooting, my first was absolutely lovely but then again I never had an problems in that pregnancy! My last one kept telling me I'd be fine, yeh right!

hi im nearly 5 wks and this is my 4th pregnancy as i mc in jan 2010( have 13yr old dd concieved on the pill and a 5month old dd with help of metformin) also have pcos so when on metfromin which helped to concieve my 5 month old dd was consultant lead pregnancy due to weight, pcos and then getting gestational diabeites.... after having my 5month old we didnt bother with contreception due to having pcos and not always ovullating but was nice shock to see a bfp!!! just hoping i released a strong eggy......

im going doctors next week to book to see midwife and ill get give a pregnancy pack again to fill in ready for midwife then i guess il be referd to my gyno again due to pcos....

went to the docs this afternoon, gave me loads of printed leaflets and books, booked my appt with midwife while I was there, did BP and asked what my plans were for birth ie. which hospital as i have c section. All that at 5+ weeks is very reassuring! some docs just dont sem to care, im obviously one of the lucky ones! x

went to the docs this afternoon, gave me loads of printed leaflets and books, booked my appt with midwife while I was there, did BP and asked what my plans were for birth ie. which hospital as i have c section. All that at 5+ weeks is very reassuring! some docs just dont sem to care, im obviously one of the lucky ones! x

Thats great. You must be relieved you have got a good one! Did they check your hcg and progesterone levels too? Im not sure when thats supposed to happen but hoping they take mine when I go at 8 weeks. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->