The 4-5 weeks prego thread : )

no they told me to take urine sample to midwife next week for some checks, not sure what?? and bloods will be booked by hosp, should hear withing next few weeks they said. i didnt have any HCG or prog tests with DD though?? x

no they told me to take urine sample to midwife next week for some checks, not sure what?? and bloods will be booked by hosp, should hear withing next few weeks they said. i didnt have any HCG or prog tests with DD though?? x

Ah Ok. I was just wondering as since I started posting on here again Ive read loads of posts from people saying they have had their hcg levels back and they are rising and getting taken regularly to check everything ok and I thought that it would be done routinely. im trying to figure out what to expect so that Im not disappointed if they dont take blood!! I feel like Im just dealing with it all myself and trying my best to find out whats supposed to happen next as the doctor told me nothing and just gave me a phone number to ring and said I didnt need to see or speak to anyone until at least week 8. :nope: xxx

progesterone levels are also reallly important to be on top of at this stage. I dont know if doctors everywhere check for it, but mine caught my low progesterone really early and gave me suppositories... seems like thats the cause of a lot of early MCs so make sure your doc is checking for it

How's everyone feeling and doing today? I am nervous about my 1st appt today @ 3:45pm. I'm not sure what they are going to do - I asked if they would do bloods and the lady that I made the appt with said it was up to the Dr. So I guess I will have to wait and see.

I'm not really feeling any symptoms today other than my old stand by - sore BB's... No cramping today. Hmmmm.

i'd be surpised if the doc did do bloods on your first apt . They will just tell you obvious things like no drinking etc , then refer you to midwife . Thats what seems to be the common route for most .
I'm feeling fine , tho if i move too quick my pubic bone hurts but thats it really x

Hi all! A newbie to this board. Got my BFP a couple of weeks ago (I tested early on 12 days past ovulation, and got a faint line), so that would make me 4 weeks based on the date of conception. We were TTC #1 for a couple of months, which I consider very lucky considering my age (38)! I know it is very early days, so am trying to be philosophical about it all (which is very hard to do, as you all know!).

I have a question about terminology, if someone can help? In terms of the number of weeks people refer to - do most folks online discuss weeks in terms of the date of their last menstrual period, or their probable date of conception? In other words, in my mind I am 4 weeks along because I know which day I conceived, but do most people use that as their guide when taking about weeks, or do most folks discuss things in terms of their last menstrual period?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi all! A newbie to this board. Got my BFP a couple of weeks ago (I tested early on 12 days past ovulation, and got a faint line), so that would make me 4 weeks based on the date of conception. We were TTC #1 for a couple of months, which I consider very lucky considering my age (38)! I know it is very early days, so am trying to be philosophical about it all (which is very hard to do, as you all know!).

I have a question about terminology, if someone can help? In terms of the number of weeks people refer to - do most folks online discuss weeks in terms of the date of their last menstrual period, or their probable date of conception? In other words, in my mind I am 4 weeks along because I know which day I conceived, but do most people use that as their guide when taking about weeks, or do most folks discuss things in terms of their last menstrual period?

Most people start counting on the first day of their last menstrual period because that is usually how the dr counts. I know, it doesn't seem logical, but that is why a full-term pregnancy is 40 weeks--I think it builds in that 2 week before you actually conceived period. My LMP started on 9/5 so that makes me 5w1d today. Also, most people don't know the exact day in which they conceived. Congrats and all the best!!

I'm a little ahead, but I didn't have too many symptoms around 4-5 weeks. I just had mild cramping, fatigue, and a little moody. Most of the symptoms didn't really come till I was about 6 weeks, even now I barely have any. Just anxious for my first ultrasound!

Most people do it from LMP. So if you're 4 weeks based on your conception date, then you are really technically 6 weeks.

Most people start counting on the first day of their last menstrual period because that is usually how the dr counts. I know, it doesn't seem logical, but that is why a full-term pregnancy is 40 weeks--I think it builds in that 2 week before you actually conceived period. My LMP started on 9/5 so that makes me 5w1d today. Also, most people don't know the exact day in which they conceived. Congrats and all the best!!
Thank you for that info! I was aware that doctors use the LMP, but wasn't sure if folks on boards like this would use that "standard" for dating or not. I guess I am slightly unusual in that I know the date of conception!

Also, I wasn't sure exactly how you counted the weeks....i.e., if you say "5 weeks" at the start of your fifth week, or at the end - but your comment about when your LMP was clarified that for me - oddly enough, my LMP started around the same time as yours, so we're almost exactly the same time-frame along, it seems.

Thanks again and all the best to you as well!

Got my hospital apt for 2nd November so I'll be 8 weeks by then :) Guess I'll just be seeing the midwives there then!

Congratulations! Im 38 too and this is our first. You should come join us on the Due in June thread in the over 35 section. x

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-over-35/755621-babies-due-june-14.html

Thank you for that info! I was aware that doctors use the LMP, but wasn't sure if folks on boards like this would use that "standard" for dating or not. I guess I am slightly unusual in that I know the date of conception!

Also, I wasn't sure exactly how you counted the weeks....i.e., if you say "5 weeks" at the start of your fifth week, or at the end - but your comment about when your LMP was clarified that for me - oddly enough, my LMP started around the same time as yours, so we're almost exactly the same time-frame along, it seems.

Thanks again and all the best to you as well!

Congrats! And come join on on the due in June board.

Hi,
I'm new to this site and this is my first post. Found out last Wednesday that i'm pregnant!
I'm 4 plus 2. Quite nervous and i can't help thinking about the bad stuff which might happen. To top it off i banged into the back of someones car last night and i'm aching a bit today. Didn't hit my stomach though so fingers crossed everything will be ok x

Hi ladies, I'm Jasmine and I am 4 weeks 4 days pregnant :)

Going for my second set of bloods tomorrow and nurse will call me back on thursday to tell me my levels! I'm so excited, it took us 11 LONG months but me and OH are soo blessed.

Congrats everyone! Lets hope these first 12 weeks go nice and fast and smoothly ;)

This is my first time posting on any thread. I guess I am so excited about finding out I am pregnant Sunday night I had to do this. Also, I can't really tell anyone I know yet. I MC the last time I told our parents a few day after finding out :(. I think we are going to wait till 4 mos if we make it there (praying) I don't have any children and not on any fertility enhancers (don't know the tech term).

As for my symptoms, I am experiencing slight cramping here and there. Usually when I get up or stand up too long or bend down too much it happens. I would cramp if I lay on my stomach, so I only lay on my side (left side). My boobs have been tender since last week. The smell thing is annoying and my dog is nerving me. She also causes some of my cramping. When I was pregnant the first time, I was really light headed. I don't feel as light headed like last time. I had nausea last week but I didn't think it had anything to do with pregnancy. I don't feel nausea anymore. I'm not that tired but I rather be laying down watching tv than at work.

Those are my syptoms so far. I don't plan on going to a ob until maybe after 8 weeks. I don't really see the point to go earlier.

Goodluck to you girls!!!:flower:

I noticed that now I am getting warm flushes, and also some IBS type symptoms....sorry for the TMI. Also I am really hungry!

Morning Ladies, i was waking up constantly last night! slight cramps, gassy, backache(already!!) and nauseous today so far. anyone know when the mild menstrual like cramps should ease off? dont remember them with my first! x

Hey :D
Well mentally its very bad, my mind is pretty crushed at the moment and has been getting worse so I need to see my doctor/midwife since an independent midwife does not have experience with medication and psychiatric conditions.

Also got very bad back pain, its been so bad this past week that I can hardly stand up.

On the plus side I have no bleeding, no spotting, no brown discharge and no implantation so thats always something to sigh in relief about :)

Also I was told by my doc that once you are able to detect a heart beat via scan
6-8 wks that the miscarriage risk goes way down :) and continues to decrease each week from the date of your first scan!!!

keep faithful ladies oxox
Cannot wait until trimester two, just wish it would hurry up :happydance:

Hi Everyone :hi:

Got to go for my last HSG blood test this morning and they should be around the 3000 mark at least as they were 1500 on Monday. Did an IC test this morning and the test line is as dark as the control line so should be looking good.

I asked then when they will scan me and they said not until it's over 7000! I'm dying just to have baby confirmed! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->