the agony of waiting...

spiiin

Reaction score
well i had my abdomen and pelvis ultrasound today per doctor's order (my ob gyn never did order an u/s and my primary doctor was concerned that i maybe pregnant or have uterine fibroids. just sucks that they can't tell you anything, i mean i didn't ask anything, but if you were pregnant and they saw it, will they tell you or not say anything?:coffee:
the ultrasound tech was very nice and just told me to wait 2 days for my doctor.
the only question she asked me if i was on iud - i said never.

I don't think the ultrasound tech is legally allowed to tell you even if they see that you are pregnant...

That's odd she asked if you had ever had an IUD though....maybe you have uterine scarring from a previous pregnancy? I doubt you'd have a ruptured uterus and not know about it! What other symptoms/risks come from IUDs? I should know this as I'd had one for two years but nothing else is coming to mind.... :(

Hope you hear from your doctor and it's a BFP! Try not to stress about it though!

I don't think the ultrasound tech is legally allowed to tell you even if they see that you are pregnant...

That's odd she asked if you had ever had an IUD though....maybe you have uterine scarring from a previous pregnancy? I doubt you'd have a ruptured uterus and not know about it! What other symptoms/risks come from IUDs? I should know this as I'd had one for two years but nothing else is coming to mind.... :(

Hope you hear from your doctor and it's a BFP! Try not to stress about it though!

but my first and last pregnancy was 10 years ago. seriously, that question made me think when i came home from their clinic. i've never been on bc, so i don't know any of the symptoms of IUDs as well. she just said to wait 2 days for my doctor's call.

thanks. hope so too! i'm honestly NTNP, but if it's not, i'll have to prevent so i could go back to school
belated happy mother's day :flower:

that would i should do lol, i could prob use an abdominal ultrasound, dude when i suck my tummy in it wont go in anymore somethings in there, a baby or a cyst...a baby would be much more welcoming haha

Hmmm, I had an u/sound done last year as my GP was concerned I hadn't had periods for so many years. I had a consultant do it though and they told me the results while they were doing it and showed me my uterus on the monitor and where everything was! Mine was normal though, maybe if they pick something up they need to figure out what it is first rather than guessing and worrying you unnecessarily. :)

Good luck though - on I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant last week there was a lady who had an usound done cos she could feel a lump in her tummy and it turned out to be a baby even though she'd had two BFNs in the week previously :)

Think it's on the DMAX channel on Sky if you're in the UK! It's on Saturday nights :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->