the awkward ‘same name’ moment....

Wannabemum96

Reaction score
I KNOW THIS IS THE WRONG FORUM
But I really need advice and I don’t think there’s much chatter on the other one I put it in....

Im currently 28 weeks pregnant and a friend of mine (not super close only known each other a few months) has just announced the birth of her son and unbelievably they have the same name as we had picked out for our little boy :shock:

It’s spelt different and our little one will actually have the shortened version of the name in daily life, just the full version on his birth certificate!

I feel so awkward about it and don’t want to say anything...we had never discussed names and I’ve been keeping our a secret from everyone other than my mum and sis. My hormones are mental just now and I feel like everything I do is wrong and I’ll offend people regardless!

Has anyone ever had a situation like this??? #-o:shock::oops:

Not the same situation. My first though we had a middle name picked out which was the same his cousin wanted to use if she had a boy. I think she was disappointed because she felt she couldn’t then use that name, but that didn’t put us off using it as his middle name and had it been the choice for first name we would have stuck to it anyway.
If the name you have picked out is what you want then don’t worry about it. What if you hadn’t met until they were at school? You wouldn’t then change his name, so I don’t see why it should be awkward

I’m just so scared of upsetting her :oops:

I mean I already have a couple of things ordered with his name on them #-o

Xx

My 5th baby we named kendrick Mason my friend has a son named kendrick Jackson she didn't care whatsoever she just said absolutely love ther name with a wink her son was born first. Unless it's a name that is so rare you'd never find it anywhere I don't think she'd care!

My 5th baby we named kendrick Mason my friend has a son named kendrick Jackson she didn't care whatsoever she just said absolutely love ther name with a wink her son was born first. Unless it's a name that is so rare you'd never find it anywhere I don't think she'd care!

Totally agree with katie. Name him whst you chose and enjoy x

It’s not a very common name, which makes it even more insane that we’ve both picked it lol 8-[
Xx

Yeah I totally get it I thought kendrick was as well obviously I'm old and know nothing about hip hop music lol that's the only other kendrick ive ever heard ive heard it in last names. I wouldn't worry sweet heart I really don't think she will mind I wouldn't even tell her before it's the name you've picked

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->