The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Gosh I've been in a lot of these situations!

Im amazed at how much Ky can get up to when i'm in the room with him but not watching him while I'm doing a few jobs!
....Parenting has been an ongoing learning experience for me. We recently got a lock for the fridge as I was fed up of cleaning up eggs! - Ky was obsessed with them, they'd go missing and i'd find them in strange places like the boot of his truck.

The most recent incident in our house was Ky pulling the blanket box over to the dresser to reach my make-up.....here is his attempt at make-up......

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/The%20Sprogs/2008_02180049.jpg

oh my gosh he is so cute!!!

lol that made me laugh!

none of mine havent really done anything like this, the only thing i can think of is that i left Coby for a couple of mins while i went upstairs to do something (cant remember what now) and when i came back down i found him in the tumble drier, the plugs is never in or switched on while its not in use so he was safe, i just found it funny at the time.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/laylarampton/Coby/tumble.jpg

x

When the baby was about 3 months old, my mother and I went on a day shopping 1 1/2 hours away. When we were leaving the mall, I figured she had buckled the baby in his seat and she figured I did it. Much to my horror, I removed the blanket from the baby once home to find him totally unbuckled. I cried and cried and begged my OH to believe I was still a good mom. I've never felt worse... He still bugs me about it since he finds I freaked out for nothing since Simon came home safe after all.

I remember my SIL asking if we'd set off without strapping the car seat in when they were tiny. I thought "who'd do that?!". Ummm.... we've done it a couple of times. :blush: Trouble is one of us always thinks the other has done the strapping in.

Here is my worst bad mother thing (well maybe with the exception of the poo). When Charlotte was 5 months old she was already moving about - rolling and doing this crab like shuffle on her back. I left her on our bed while I took Tom downstairs and strapped him into his car seat. As I was on my way back upstairs I heard this THUD. :shock: She'd set off exploring and explored her way off the bed.

Oh the guilt of it! I rushed her to A and E to get her checked over. She was right as rain of course. Laughing and gigling with the doctor and grabbing at his stethoscope. Part of me was totally terrified the whole time I was there that someone would come and take her away from me. :blush: I've since discovered that lots of people's babies fall off beds and sofas, they just don't go to A and E over it.

this made me laugh alot, i told her she needed to get a lockable box for her adult fun time toys.

Keep telling DH we gotta get a lock. I'm sure Charlotte will produce something she shouldn't for my Mother one of these days! :rofl:

My bad mother bits seem to revolve around Emily than Jack, in the way i have done worse stuff to her!!:blush:

Coming home from playschool one day i shut her hand in the car door, not just catch it the door completely shut and i couldn't understand why she was screaming, until i opened the door again and she showed me her fingers, yep they were flat!!!!!
Luckily toddler bones are quite suple so no breakages

So yeah bad mum awrad goes to me for that one, only to be made worse that i did exactly the same thing a couple of months later:blush:

Then when she was around 4 i was doing the ironing in the room and she is playing with toys, we had had the whole don't touch its hot convo, when i thought i heard the phone, i literally took 5 steps and she screamed, she had decided to test the "hot" theory and placed her hand full on the iron.

This resulted in me flying to my friends with tears streaming down my face, then a trip to A&E to get it bandaged, she looked like little boxer for 3 weeks

I was sure SS were gonna be called

Jack seems to have got off lightly with my mothering skills as he has only and only used in the loosest sense fallen down the last 2 stairs, that i can remeber i am sure more bad mum moments will come to me

This thread is ace!!! :rofl:

We have done the not fastening the carseat as we both thought each other had done it.......

I was walking up he stairs with Jade in my arms, she was only about 2 weeks old. I tripped and had to put my hand out to save us, but she fell straight back and hit her head so hard on the stairs :( I ran the rest of the stairs crying and gave her to my Mum.

Paul was siting on the sofa playing with Alfie and lifting him above his head. He moved him backwards above his head straight into the wall, not gently either, I went mad :dohh: :lol:

I left Jade out in the garden when she was 18 months old as she had a spider on her and I have a severe phobia........I had to get the courage to get rid otherwise I would have had to leave her there. So I actually took a full swinging kick and kicked it off of her shoulder. How I managed not to kick Jade is unreal, but I was very Thankful that I didn't, and that I got that thing off otherwise I would not have let her indoors.:blush:

I used to change Alfie's bum on the changing mat on top of our poufe, well we also used to leave him there whilst we turned to get the wipes and stuff, this particular day he had obviously learnt to move and went off the poufe backwards, landing on his head.

I once stood on and broke one of Pauls most collectable cars and blamed Jade when she was just 3yrs old:blush:

I must have loads, but I just can't think of them! x

oooh i have another one
Emily again i'm afraid, the childs gonna need therapy lol

She must have only been 5 moths old or so and was in my mums garden in a bouncy chair (older silver cross kind with just like a bendy shape wire)

Anyway i nipped into the kitchen for a glass of water and suddenly there was this massive scream, she had bounced so hard it had flipped over and she was face down on the patio.

My mum was at the front of the house saying goodbyeto friends and i just screamed and screamed for her, i didn't dare pick Em up I thought her face would be well squished.

My mum picked her up and was not a mark on her, just a really cheesy grin

I'm telling you my heart just stopped

Tam i've blamed stuff on Emily before as well :blush:

I got home from shopping one day and thought that the easiest way to carry that, Alex and take Ella indoors would be to put Alex in the buggy, load it up with shopping, take Ella out the car and pronto, only one trip!

However as I stepped away from strapping Alex in, the weight of the buggy made it tip and flip over onto it's front, landing Alex face first onto the pavement. Luckily he was only slighty bruised and had a little bit of pavement embedded into his head!

I make two trips now. Shopping first and then the kids.

oh Kina, i use the quinny zapp and am forever putting shopping bags on the handles even though it has specific instructions NOT to. plenty of times in shops i have let go of the handles and the weight of the shopping bags has tipped the pram backwards.

*guilty face*

We've done that pram one as well, we had loads of shopping from Tesco but Bethanie wanted to go on the Bananas in Pyjamas ride outside, so we got her out all excited for her first ever go on one of those rides and the pram tipped up. I was holding Bethanie and Sonny was trying to get her legs out, all of this whilst the pram was still half tipped.. I moaned at him afterwards for not just lifting the pram up lol. That was a bad parent moment lol.

The other day, Bethanie was sitting on my knee and bouncing about, I wasn't holding her well and she threw herself forward. I caught her by her trouser leg lmao and pulled her back up. I was determined she wasn't going to hit the floor though.

I observed Juleikas skin condition and apparently did not want to know she has eczma until she started to feel itchy, started to scratch and wiggle around a lot :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

well, I had to put scratch mittens on her that she did not scratch herself bleeding and was off to the GP, who diagnosed eczma!

we have cream and bathing stuff for her now, and I hope her discomfort will ease soon!

but I am a really bad mother :hissy:

I do not diserve anything for mother's day :baby:

I observed Juleikas skin condition and apparently did not want to know she has eczma until she started to feel itchy, started to scratch and wiggle around a lot :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

well, I had to put scratch mittens on her that she did not scratch herself bleeding and was off to the GP, who diagnosed eczma!

we have cream and bathing stuff for her now, and I hope her discomfort will ease soon!

but I am a really bad mother :hissy:

I do not diserve anything for mother's day :baby:

lucky me, it's a guilt free confessional thread :baby:

will not feel guilty, promise :hi:

Well, the other night i put callum to bed (in his cot, side right up) and i goes downstairs. No sooner had i got downstairs that i heard callum screaming, runs upstairs and here he is on my bed with nicole!!! Given that callums cot is not in my bedroom it was rather scary!!!

How she had managed to pick him out of his cot and carry him into my room is a mystery!

All she had to say for herself was that "you've got to share your baby with me, and i wanted to cuddle him in on your bed"

Lol, I love this thread! So many confessions have made me piss myself laughing! I can't wait to be able to join in and add my bad mother moments. Hang on, i'm going to be a perfect mother so I may as well not bother ;) Yeah right! It's good to know that everyone makes mistakes and stuffs up with their child. i was worried it was only going to be me.:)

this morning i went through to the kids room to find they had eaten a whole pack of biscuits between them!!!(cos mummy left them out last nyt) oops!!!

Ok mine is really bad I forgot to pick Raven up from the creche today:dohh::dohh: shes only in a half day on Monday and when I didn't collect her at 1 they left it until three to call me I feel so bad Dh will kill me if he finds out

My daughter Savannah is now 11 months old. But at about 6 months she was still in her carrier car-seat that just popped in and out of a base. Well we were loading up into the car while leaving the mall and i sat the car seat into the base but i guess it didn't click all the way. Well we get about 2 minutes down the road and i turned around to give her, her pacifer and the car seat was almost upside on the base. I guess i didn't pop her car seat all the way in! I felt so bad i made my hubby pull over so i could hold her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->