The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

:blush: well i have just done a humdinger, this has litteraly JUST happened, although not technically my fault, i say technically but i am her mum and shouldnt let things happen lol... i rang my sister to come and get Rhiannon so that i could have a shower before we go up to her's for sunday lunch, so i wave them goodbye at the door and go back into the kitchen.. next thing sis bursts through door asking if i have spare keys to her car!!! yup she only managed to lock my poor baby in the car with the keys winking at her from the drivers seat:dohh:!!! ... i never knew i could go sweaty and shiver at the same time, i ran out in the snow (in a nighty and my chawbacca legs :blush:) to see Rhiannon crying coz the sun was in her eyes... trying to think calmly on how to get her out not how to inflict the most painfull death :trouble: on my sister when lo and behold round the corner comes a police car... i am in the middle of road flagging them down screaming "coathanger my car my babies locked inside" (the neighbours must have been wetting themselves and the police thinking im a drunk with a criminal knowledge on how to steal cars!!) but thankfully they got her out in a blink...nasty aunty and selfish mummy for wanting a :shower: in peace ...

Good thread!

Well, I am sure I have been a bad mum a number of times with my two kids!

Here's one that stands out for me.

My daughter was 6 months old and I still put her in her bassinet when she fell asleep at night. I always thought, hey, she doesn't move around much and that she was still safe.

Well, I went downstairs and OH and I watched tv, of which he had it on loudly due to surround sound. Later, I went to check on my daughter and she wasn't in the bassinet. I looked on the floor and I saw a bum and legs coming from under our bed. She was sleeping.

She must have woken up, probably cried, fell out of the bassinet and crawled a bit under our bed. God, I felt so shitty for this. Poor little one! Needless to say, I never put her in it again.

Stupid mom I was! I still feel guilty for it!

Do have a couple of more.

Ah, yes the car seat. I went around the corner one day in my vehicle and looked in the rear view mirror. My daughter was in her car seat and it was sideways on the seat. :dohh:

When my son was a baby I awoke to him crying in the middle of the night to his feeding. He was a strange one as I could only breastfeed him on the couch downstairs as he loved to twirl the fuzzies with his fingers while feeding. Well, I was in a grog state and started to go down the stairs carrying him. Must have missed a few steps and him and I went falling down the stairs. Poor little guy.

This thread is great!

My confession is that about 6 months ago Faith woke up really early so I got her toys out in our room and let her play while I lay in bed. Needless to say I fell asleep and woke up abit later to find that she's got hold of my make up bag and had got hold of my eye liner and drawn everywhere and I mean everywhere! Our bed, the bedside tables, our on-suite tiles (evidence still there today in the grout!), the carpet, herself and the funniest was my OH's feet! His feet were black and he hadn't felt a thing!

Also nothing to do with me but my OH's uncle once had the nappy pin shoved through his willy by one of his older sisters by accident while doing his terry nappy up and no-one could understand why he was crying! Poor lad. He's 38 now and has never lived it down!

This is a great thread!

My son used to sleep in his swing when he was 3 months old or so and we never strapped him in. Well, one night one of the screws came loose, the seat swung upside down, and he fell on the floor, THWAP, flat on his face. (Thank God for carpet!) He barely fussed and after we made sure he was ok, hubby and I could hardly stop laughing! (I know, horrible right? But if you could have seen him and heard the sound, and being sleep-deprived, it was just the funniest thing ever!) We still laugh at this.

But I'm a really really good mommy, honest!

i have banged his head on the doorframe a few times... But i can remember one time he was on the settee laying with me & me and my oh had ordered takeaway.. Well the doorbell rang so i shouted oh to go answer it but he was on the loo lol so i quickly jumped up ran to the door as fast as i could and all i heard was a big THUD! i thought omggg nooo. Didnt even pay the guy just ran straight into the living room and mase was on the floor fast asleep.. However this is the not so funny bit.. i picked him up he started screaming adn then all of a sudden he went floppy in my arms and his eyes rolled into the back of his head.. my oh and i were panicking so much we rang 999 n an ambulance came straight away.. i really thought he had died or something i was crying my eyes out.. Anyway once the paramedics got here he was sat up laughing his head off like nothing had happend - he just come around on his own.!!! soooooo scary since then he dont go on the settee as im too paranoid! i felt so bad for ageeees

I have a couple of confessions from my SIL this week. She has done the locking the baby in the car thing at the supermarket of all places. Talk about public humiliation. :blush: He was in there for an hour and a half until the RAC bloke could get in.

Also she has electrocuted my nephew. Looking at some sheep in the field and he lent forward to grab the (electric) fence. She felt the shock go through her too! Ouch!

I think the baby in the car thing must be a pretty common 'boob' for mummies - My sister has locked my nephew in the car once and my husband has helped a mother in Salisbury to break her child out of the car she had locked him in! lol

Maybe I should be worried about how easily and efficiently my DH was able to break into a car?? :rofl:

[Edit: Mr TashaAndBum wishes me to tag on that if you were that mother he would dearly love you to say thank you ;)]

Done the doorframe, the poo aswell, trapped kieran's fingers in the shower door, accidently tripped K up, guided the double pushchair into various things giving k whiplash (well they are hard to steer) loaded too much shoppin onto the pram and falling off the bed numerous times, Paige has been in look less me more her brother e.g leaning his full body weight on her to give her a kiss, i mean how can you shout at him for that, he was doing the lovable brother thing x x

Charlotte ate a tea-bag yesterday. :blush:

It's ok it was de-caf! :rofl:

Sam has been poorly and the doc asked for a water sample. They give you an old fashioned sanitary pad to put in their nappy and you draw the pee out with a syringe. You can only leave it on for half hour max and I had 2 unsuccesful attempts.

So, I let him run free for a bit, chasing him round the room with this bottle to catch the wee.... About half an hour later...result! All clean and not a drop on the carpet either.

I went to put the lid on and wash my hands....

...came back to find him sitting happily about to put a lump of poo in his mouth....oops.....And the tantrum he took when I took it off him!! jeez... ;oD

Sam has been poorly and the doc asked for a water sample. They give you an old fashioned sanitary pad to put in their nappy and you draw the pee out with a syringe. You can only leave it on for half hour max and I had 2 unsuccesful attempts.

So, I let him run free for a bit, chasing him round the room with this bottle to catch the wee.... About half an hour later...result! All clean and not a drop on the carpet either.

I went to put the lid on and wash my hands....

...came back to find him sitting happily about to put a lump of poo in his mouth....oops.....And the tantrum he took when I took it off him!! jeez... ;oD
Omg lol - You're not the first one this has happened to - I have one friend who's mother does like to tease her, reminding her of when she tried to do the same thing when she was a toddler lol.

I was messing around with my daughter as she was climbing out the car...she kept on teasing me by getting out the car and then jump back in again. We were both having a great laugh until i accidentally knocked the car door as i jumped out and said "boo!" Next thing i know she was screaming and telling me i was a "nortnee" mummy. Id knocked the door shut with her finger in the car.
Ice-creams all around that day lol
I felt like such a terrible mum.
She still says " oww. my finger. mummy did it!" to anyone who will listen..a WEEK later.

I was messing around with my daughter as she was climbing out the car...she kept on teasing me by getting out the car and then jump back in again. We were both having a great laugh until i accidentally knocked the car door as i jumped out and said "boo!" Next thing i know she was screaming and telling me i was a "nortnee" mummy. Id knocked the door shut with her finger in the car.
Ice-creams all around that day lol
I felt like such a terrible mum.
She still says " oww. my finger. mummy did it!" to anyone who will listen..a WEEK later.

Oooh I bet you felt really guilty! :dohh: Isn't it just the worst feeling when they hurt themselves ... and it's your fault?! It's a bit like, :dohh::blush::dohh::cry::dohh: lol At least it was your child and not someone elses, though!

When my husband was a kid he had just had his stitches out after an operation to have his ears pinned back, and his mother (aiming to give his brother a clip round the ear - Toby ducked and she) accidentaly slapped Dominic right on the ear - just 15 days after his op :dohh: oops!

I had my first bad moment a couple weeks go. I was at wal-mart and had taken Angel out of her seat to feed her. I put her back in and covered her up with her blanket. When I paid for my stuff and left I just put her into the van and drove to my moms house. My mom pulled the blanket off to realise that she wasn't strapped in her seat!! I had her covered and I didnt even check. Boy did I feel like shit!

Lilly fell off the sofa the other day, i had put her there whilst i was cleaning the livingroom and up til then she was always stuck in the same place (unless she was on her back and could roll) so i didn't think any harm would come to her - i took my eyes off her for a split second and she was on the floor in tears. I was so upset and gave her loads of hugs and kisses. Needless to say she doesnt get left alone on the sofa anymore :( :blush:

Today was bad.
I was getting laundry basket out of bathroom and put Alex down for abit so i could put things in basket. He crawled off. I had left the gate open in a moment of stupidness and he fell down the stairs straight into the closed metal gate at bottom :cry:

I saw him fall aswell, because I was coming across landing and I realised gate was open literally seconds too late :cry:

I ran down the stairs and picked him up, he had cut his head so I took him to the hospital which was a five minute drive of pure terror as i thought i was going to be told he had broken his head or something...

Miraculously his only injury is a bruise on back of his head and a cut along

I still spent rest of day feeling terrible though but he's perked up now after some calpol and watching the shiny show dvd :happydance:

Ad the award for the stupidest mother goes to...me! :dohh:

I shut Bethanie's finger in this cupboard the other week!
It's a feature cupboard in here with a really tight lock (bit hard to close) and I was really pushing it shut hard, she was crying by my feet but I didn't think much of it because she always moans when I won't let her in there lol. I looked down to ask what the fuss was about and I saw her little tiny finger stuck. It had a dent in it afterwards and she was saying "no no no!" to the cupboard - she does this when things hurt her lol, she tells them off.

Also have one that I feel DREADFUL about.. I know this is meant to be a guilt free thread but I feel so bad. We have sash windows in here, I only ever open the tops of them as I don't like the thought of Bethanie being near open windows. Anyway, as Bethanie was wondering around the room I thought I would open the bottom and top of the window nearest the bed.. I completely forgot and sat on the bed with her.. she was looking at her book and I was reading a magazine. I looked away from her for literally 30 seconds and she was leaning on the window sill with her head OUT of the window!! To say I shit myself would be an understatement, I grabbed her and gave her the biggest cuddle ever, I was so terrified. There is a big flat bit outside with plant pots on etc and we're not that high up (first floor) but still.. I feel like a bad mum still and needless to say, that window will never be open again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->