The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
Hi

I thought I'd start a thread (where I may be alone :blush:) but I thought it may help if I could confess my bad mother moments in a guilt free and non-judgemental thread i.e. for fun! Bad Mother moments like catching their head on a door frame as you walk through it (sure I read that somewhere on here), finding them playing with scissors (like a friend of mine did), giving double the dose of Ibuprofen by accident (another friend).

Wanna join me? Confess your sins Bad Mothers!

Here is my bad mother confession from Sunday. You may have seen my thread about a poo stain in the carpet. Wanna know how that happened? Well our two were having some nappy off time. I was putting some clothes away and DH was wandering about. Charlotte had crawled off into our bedroom where she normally looks at herself in the full length mirrors.

Anyway, a minute or two (literally no fibs!) later we found her. She was up to her elbows in it and not only that it was squished between the fingers of both hands and smeared all across her face.

My confession is that my daughter ate her own poo! :blush::rofl:

Ha ha been there with the eating poo, Ella's had sweetcorn in it....

Also the scissors. Ella keeps finding my nail scissors and tells me she's a hairdresser.

I'm an awful mother, here are just todays!

Today I walked into Ella's bedroom and found her standing on her window sill and hanging out the window. If I'd been 5 seconds later she'd have been dead on the patio beneath the window. The only reason she was in there alone was because I was putting Alex in his cot for a nap and told her to go and wait in her bedroom for me to put her down, she then went in her room and pulled a toy over to the window so she could climb up and hang out of it. (Window is always locked shut when she's napping or asleep)

I found Alex halfway up the stairs as I'd forgotten to lock the stairgate.

Ella almost stabbed herself with the kitchen knife, she grabbed it when she was sat on the side whilst I was sorting tea.

and yesterday a dining room chair collapsed on Alex's head, leaving him with a bruise the size of a 50p on his forehead, because I forgot to fold it down and put it away.

Sorry Helen have to to say it.....what a shitty day you had :rofl:.....I can think of too many bad mother moments in the past here are just a few....
My little girl sliced all 10 of her fingers after I left it on the side of the bath....she also fell into a bath I had run with all her clothes on thank god it wasnt scalding...going to stop now but I will def post any from now on!

P.S My 10 year old son only REALLY listens to me if I swear when I get mad it is the only way I can get him to listen without smacking (thank god he is a good boy nearly all of the time)

:blush::blush::blush:

Today me and Sonny were both busy posting on eBay and letting Bethanie wonder round the room, she pulled this wooden fold up chair on herself and was caught under it lol. I've done the hit head on side of doorway a few times. Then we had the irresponsible not-strapping baby into highchair incidents (as if once wasn't enough) when she slipped under and got stuck, and had to be removed by force lol. She also fell off the bed once, lmao.. luckily there was a pillow on the floor and our bed isn't that high or it would have been bad!:rofl:

Im sure there are more, generally silly little accidents. If I remember more, i'll post again ;)

oh god i belong in here :rofl:

today chloe said...

callum... please just shut the hell up cos my head is burst :shy:.. no idea where she heard tht :angelnot:

both my darlings were eating playdough while i was tidying the bathroom... knew (they were too quiet!!)

and the banging of the head on the door frame... hmm tht happens quite often here lol

oh god i belong in here :rofl:

today chloe said...

callum... please just shut the hell up cos my head is burst :shy:.. no idea where she heard tht :angelnot:

Yup, ive had loadsa that.

Normally nicole will say "oh, for f*$ks sake!!!" when something has gone wrong :blush:

I remember when nicole was about 3, she got hold of the scissors (which i thought i had hid) and decided to play hairdressers!!!!! Lets just say that her hair is only just now all the same length!!!

giving double the dose of Ibuprofen by accident (another friend).

I done this today :blush: Noah was screaming today cos of his teeth & in a rush i gave him 5ml of Ibuprofen insted of 2.5ml!

Was worried, kept my eye on him & he was fine! :dohh:

oh i thot of another! darren has dextrose tablets which are basically glucose to bring your sugar levels up quickly(for wen he has a diabetic fit)

chloe ate 4...

she was hyper as hell for about 3 days!!!

Tom had a bruise on his forehead last week where he'd been sat on my knee whilst I was on PC. He was happy bouncing up and down until suddenly he whacked forward and headbutted the desk. :blush: Bad Mother for not looking after him properly and surfing instead. :dohh:

oh helen tht made me giggle!!! callum thinks hes action man!! hes forever doing things like tht!! its a boy thing honest!

This thread made me giggle, and relax in that making mistakes it totally normal and OK.

Charlie was down for a nap on Sunday, I was alone in the house, and decided to go and pick all the dog poo up from the garden. Bearing in mind we have an alsation and it hadn't been done for a week, there was rather a lot. So, I stuck the baby monitor in my pocket and went out. When I was putting all the nappy sacks in the bin (a good 20 mins later) my neighbour popped her head over the fence. I stood gossiping to her for another 10 mins or so, then her phone rang, so I came back in. Only to find Charlie stood at the top of the stairs screaming his head off and in a right state! I hadn't turned the monitor on.:blush:

No idea how long he was there for, but it took 2 chocolate chip cookies and loads of iggle piggle on the tv to calm him down!!:blush:

(thanks for starting this thread Helen, it's made me feel so much better getting that off my chest - I hadn;t even told Stu!!!:rofl:)

(thanks for starting this thread Helen, it's made me feel so much better getting that off my chest - I hadn;t even told Stu!!!:rofl:)

I'm just so relieved other folks have posted. I was worried there would be an awkward silence while people reached for the phone to ring Social Services! :rofl:

oh golly gosh this thread has made me giggle! ok here are mine...

i often find rhys in the kitchen eating the cats biscuits! i swear he loves them!

the other day i was on the computer, turned around and rhys had used the surround sound speaker as a step to climb onto our coffee table and was stood on it watching tv

im awful for leaving the baby gate open and finding rhys half way up the stairs!

yes the whole head bashing confession applies to me too!

when rhys was couple of months colin dropped him, he was ok though!

and along with the pennies, the scissors, the knives and the hot cups of tea... im just as bad as everybody else!

i dont have any children but this thread made me laugh and i asked me friend if i could tell her bad mother story and she said i could so!

her 2year old daughter tottered off while my friend was on the loo,as they do and she found her chewing the head off off her rampent rabbit which she had found under her bed and it was turned on...

a few weeks later she caught her son trying to snap her double ender in half!

this made me laugh alot, i told her she needed to get a lockable box for her adult fun time toys.

OMG I can relate to most of these posts :blush:

Yesterday when I was making dinner, Lucy was in her pram in the livingroom, and Rebecca was wandering to and from the kitchen. I noticed she had been quiet for a few minutes, came through and she had climbed in the pram and was sitting bouncing on Lucy! My god I went hysterical, but Lucy was a bit shell shocked but was giggling!

Sometimes I can be soo scatty!:rofl:I should know NEVER to leave Rebecca unattended as shes into everything!xx

OMG I can relate to most of these posts :blush:

Yesterday when I was making dinner, Lucy was in her pram in the livingroom, and Rebecca was wandering to and from the kitchen. I noticed she had been quiet for a few minutes, came through and she had climbed in the pram and was sitting bouncing on Lucy! My god I went hysterical, but Lucy was a bit shell shocked but was giggling!

Sometimes I can be soo scatty!:rofl:I should know NEVER to leave Rebecca unattended as shes into everything!xx

Ella's always doing stuff like that! Now she can talk she can tell me why Alex is crying, normally it's because she's either bit or headbutted him! When he was a few weeks old she shoved a cheerio down his throat when I was in the kitchen, I came in to find him choking and puking!

Tezzy, my mother was so worried to discover me eating dry dog food when I was a toddler, so she spoke to the doctor, and he told her 'well it is probably better for her than what you feed her'. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->