~~The big BFN PEE-OFF!~~

Broodybecks, Starry Night, Baby Q - have any of you caved in yet and poas?

Oooooooo......... drum roll ........... methinks we have a winner!!!!!! (not me, I should add)

I POAS first wee this morning, then again just (1 cheap and 1 expensive test!)
............................BFN!!! :bfn: 14 days after my m/c!

No doctors/bloods done or anything... should I?

:happydance: Thats great news BabyQ, I wouldnt have thought that you will need to have bloods done now.

Went to gp today and having some more bloods taken tomo, will know the result thurs am. Will update you then.

Congratulations, Baby Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bluesky, I'm hoping you'll be all negative by tomorrow, too :D

I got my result from Friday and it was 35.4. My doctors think it will be a while before it gets back to normal but I'm having another blood test done on Friday to see what progress is being made fxfxfxfxfxfxfx

Thanks guys :hugs:xxxx

FX for Friday from me petitpas!

Petitpas, Did your doctor say if there is anything they can do to get the hcg down? and did he say why it will take a while.

Got everything crossed for us, nearly 9weeks since mc you would think I would be normal now..... :(

Bluesky,
The lady I saw yesterday mentioned methotrexate, which is a chemotherapy drug they use for ectopics and molar pregnancies. She said it was a possibility but she wasn't sure it would work and there are risks involved. It wasn't something she would recommend, basically.
My normal consultant offered surgery as an option.
I guess I'm going to have to wait until my results come back on Monday and I can see my normal consultant again to discuss how things are going. If it doesn't come down by a noticeable bit I'm going to ask for more help. I really can't be bothered with spending the whole Summer waiting for this stupid piece of tissue to come out! As far as I understood it, the piece is still sitting tight and producing its own hormones and that is why it can take a while for my hcg to go back to normal.

Its a nightmare petitpas :hugs: to you for having to go through this. I really wouldnt want to take that drug you mentioned and I have managed not to have surgery yet so I think I will wait a bit longer but like you dont want to wait all summer. I want my body back so I can start trying again and get over this shitty time. I have been bleeding for 10 days now so im hoping whatever is still there is coming away.

I think I'm cracking up - I am still getting :bfp: 12 days after medical management (not a long time by other people's experiences I know !) but have pain like I would get during ovulation and also have ewcm (although still bleeding a tiny bit as well).

I'm very tempted to go back to the hospital and ask them to check my HCG because I really don't know whether I'm coming or going at the moment !

Has anyone else had anything like this ?

Mrmojo1971, go back to hospital if u are at all concerned. Are you due back to have a scan to make sure that everyting has gone?

As I have put before I had med management nearly 9 weeks ago and Im still testing positve and have hcg of 31. You may have some left over tissue, just best to get looked at to put your mind at rest and stop you worrying.

Bluesky,
If you're worried, go ask for a more definite blood test. Not sure if it helps, but I've also been having EWCM these past couple of days :wacko: It's mad, this is!

I too had ewcm and a bfp. It must be our mean old hormones playing tricks on us!

Broodybecks, Starry Night, Baby Q - have any of you caved in yet and poas?

No, not yet. Still bleeding post miscarriage but it hasn't been two weeks yet. My boobs finally feel and look like they did before I got pregnant but I'm still peeing all the time! :wacko: In between bleeds I sometimes get some cervical mucus but not EWCM. Just the watery stuff I get shortly after the end of a period. I am getting ov-like pains too. But still bleeding and peeing so I'm guessing hcg is high enough to get a BFP on a hpt.

Tempted to call the doctor as I'm starting to feel very "off" today....cramps, nausea, etc. But I also have IBS and it's been running rampant since the miscarriage. (it's always bad during AF and it was worse during pregnancy so I guess it makes sense it would be absolutely terrible when my hormones are running amok) It's so hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Also, I'm not a POAS addict. ;) I'm the type to test once the day AF is due then to wait a full week if I get a BFN. right now the plan is to test once I go a week without any bleeding or spotting.

Whoa starry night! My respect! I peed on another stick this evening. Was alone and just could not help myself :blush: It said wait three minutes on the pack and was a :bfn:!!!!!!! A few minutes later a faint but definite line did come up so I don't think it counts.
Still, my levels are coming down! And faster than I was led to expect :wohoo:
If you're feeling sick, you should probably get checked out - just to be safe :hugs:

Bluesky,
I'm sure I misread but I thought you had passed some tissue already? Is there still more left in there?

Hurray for the BFN!! I bet in a few days it'll stick!

I'm feeling much better now so I'm guessing it was the IBS (other "evidence" suggests that as well, lol). I'm now in a pattern of no bleeding in the evenings and mornings but still some flow in the afternoon (usually brownish red) and each flow gets shorter so I'm hoping against hope that things are starting to settle.

Hi Ladies,

Well I got my latest hcg this morning and its gone up slightly to 43, was 31 last week. Totally confusing. Going to epau tomo morning to see what they say and prob have some more blood tests.

I poas today and again its a faint positive that appeared after a few minutes.

Petitpas - the doctor said she didnt think there was anymore tissue when I was scanned last thursday. Are you having any more bloods done to make sure you are below 5?

My body is weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->