~~The big BFN PEE-OFF!~~

:wohoo: well done, Starry!!!!
I'm going to update the first page right away :)

I got my results from Friday and they were 25.

Whoop whoop thats great news starry night!! Have a lovely romantic break ;)

Petitpas, are you going to see your consultant tomo?

At least your levels are coming down, are you still bleeding/spotting?

No blood or anything since last Wednesday \\:D/
Seeing the consultant with a long list of questions tomorrow evening (he probably won't be able to answer half of them but that's ok).
How are you doing? And has there been more :test: action?
I'm currently sitting here drinking lots of lemonade to produce test material :lol:

Ok, back to the spirit of this thread:
I just went to the bathroom and took an FRER test. Bearing in mind my blood test four days ago stated 25miu with a downwards trend I wasn't expecting the hpt to pick much up.
But it DID!!!!! I'm so totally still a :bfp:! Pretty cool on the test testing front, really. These tests are amazing!

Aw, that's frustrating. I hope your levels continue to drop.

We must have mega hormones petitpas, I was really sick when I was preg were you??

Good luck with the consultant, update us asap, He maybe able to answer all our questions...

No poas action, im still waiting on my test results of the biopsy they took, I did ring EPAU yest and no one got back to me which is annoying.

Any other ladies got BFN's yet??

Hi ladies,

I've been directed to this thread from mc support, I'm 9 weeks since mmc was medically managed, was told everything had come away in one.
Bled for 8 days, then nothing since.
Been getting my bloods checked since about 5 weeks after mmc, and the hcg was at 25 last monday, so thinking it would have reduced again I have been poas everyday since friday, still all positive's??? Surely they should have gone down since last monday?? My next blood test isn't till monday coming and I'm going round the flipping bend here!!! :cry:

I'm so fed up now, just really wish I new where my body is at?? just like all of you, I didn't realise this could happen, its mad!! :wacko:

xmagsx :hugs:

Hi Maggsy,
First of all, sorry for your losses and having to welcome you here!
I'm guessing you're like me and using really sensitive tests? Some people say they can detect down to 7-10miu! My word...
You say you've been having your bloods checked since week 5. What has the progression been? Maybe we can figure out a trend?

Bluesky,
I got really nauseous at 6.5 weeks but it tapered off about three weeks later and was only occasional then. Still, I stayed a fussy eater and couldn't do proper cheese until probably a month after the mc - my hcg had to be low already by then, surely!? Our bodies are well weird!

I saw my consultant this evening and he doesn't think I can expect af for another six weeks or so. We're holding off on the surgery while I'm feeling ok. If I start producing slugs again I can call him and we can schedule it within days. Otherwise, it'll be regular bloods on Fridays and I get to see him every two weeks. So it looks like I'm staying on this thread for some time :lol:

Do we have any other updates for the front page?

petitpas,

My first level at 5 weeks post mmc was 1374miu, 5 days later it was 500-ish, 5 days later 126, then 4 days later 47 and last monday 10 days after that it was 25. So it has been steady, but last mondays was 10 days after the previous one cos I had to stay at home for a furniture delivery.
On friday last week I used clearblue digi with conception indicator and it came up perg 1-2weeks, then a not pregnant? then preg 1-2 weeks? I've used asda, morrisons, clearblue plus, and frers, all positive??
Just done another 2, a clearblue plus, and a frer, and both came up very clear positives.
My dilema is this, we have dtd regularly since my bleeding stopped so I'm hoping it is a new preg, but think I'm becoming obessesed now!! EEK I need help!! :wacko:

Sorry this has been a long post, just trying to get some of this madness out of my head before it explodes with what ifs???

xmagsx

Where do people get the 10miu tests? The best I've found in the stores is 25miu and is what I got my bfn on. I haven't had any red spotting for 6 days but if I could get a bfn on a more sensitive test than maybe I could feel a bit better about everything.

Where do people get the 10miu tests? The best I've found in the stores is 25miu and is what I got my bfn on. I haven't had any red spotting for 6 days but if I could get a bfn on a more sensitive test than maybe I could feel a bit better about everything.

I get them off ebay - very cheap too, but I don't think they're anywhere near as sensitive as they're supposed to be. When I got my BFP it was on a Superdrug test but it was days later before it showed on one of these.

I got a BFN on a 10miu IC test this morning but still BFP on a Superdrug test which I think is supposed to be less sensitive.

Is there any chance of getting your HCG blood level checked just to be 100% certain ? (although TBH I would have happy with the BFN off the store test.)

Starry Night,
I think you're right on target and there is no need to worry! I see that you lost your peanut at the end of May and within two weeks you're supposed to stop bleeding and get a bfn. In my humble opinion, if you're not suffering from any more symptoms you should be able to expect af within four weeks and be back to normal physically.
xxxxxxxx

petitpas,

My first level at 5 weeks post mmc was 1374miu, 5 days later it was 500-ish, 5 days later 126, then 4 days later 47 and last monday 10 days after that it was 25. So it has been steady, but last mondays was 10 days after the previous one cos I had to stay at home for a furniture delivery.
On friday last week I used clearblue digi with conception indicator and it came up perg 1-2weeks, then a not pregnant? then preg 1-2 weeks? I've used asda, morrisons, clearblue plus, and frers, all positive??
Just done another 2, a clearblue plus, and a frer, and both came up very clear positives.
My dilema is this, we have dtd regularly since my bleeding stopped so I'm hoping it is a new preg, but think I'm becoming obessesed now!! EEK I need help!! :wacko:

Sorry this has been a long post, just trying to get some of this madness out of my head before it explodes with what ifs???

xmagsx

Hi sweets, I think it's highly unlikely that this is a new pregnancy! You need to go right down to a negative (less than 5 counts as negative) before your body can kick-start into a cycle and even then you wouldn't ovulate immediately. By the sounds of it, you're like me just in the range where the sensitive tests are picking it up. Remember, if you have a test that says 25, it will probably pick up a bit before because it guarantees a minimum of 25. If you can, stop testing for a couple of days and then we could arrange a pee-off if you like :) Tell me a day and a time and we can go for it together :friends:

petitpas,

xmagsx

Hi sweets, I think it's highly unlikely that this is a new pregnancy! You need to go right down to a negative (less than 5 counts as negative) before your body can kick-start into a cycle and even then you wouldn't ovulate immediately. By the sounds of it, you're like me just in the range where the sensitive tests are picking it up. Remember, if you have a test that says 25, it will probably pick up a bit before because it guarantees a minimum of 25. If you can, stop testing for a couple of days and then we could arrange a pee-off if you like :) Tell me a day and a time and we can go for it together :friends:

Ok, how about this Sunday morning? My next blood test is due on Monday, but wont get results till Wednesday. Dont think I can stop myself from testing till then!! (I know I'm sad!!)lol

:hugs:

Hi my poas pals.

This story is a long one so grab a :coffee:

So I got to EPAU this morning at 9.30am (the time we were told by the Sister on the gynae ward last night) They said we are not expecting you, so off we trot (me and mum she is my life line at the moment)

we get to the ward and they take my bloods, I then waited until 12.30 until I got seen by a registrar back in EPAU. He told me that my hcg had come down to 23, so thats great news as last week it had risen and I was starting to worry that it was something sinister.

Anyway he rescanned me and basically I still have retained tissue sitting low in the uterus and getting stuck near the cervix, its not budging and im getting a bit stressed now and really want this over. So they have booked me in for a d and C next weds...... Im a bit worried about it thou but know loads of people have them.

So we ended up leaving the hospital at 1.30pm. The internal scan was soooo painful today I have been walking around like john wayne all afternoon.

Petitpas - I hope your AF comes sooner than 6 weeks and it shuvs that old bit of stubborn tissue out the way. I wondered if I should carry on with the waiting but I have got my holiday next weekend and also im working away in 3 weeks and really need to be back to some sort of normality and at the moment it is affecting my life abit.

Welcome to the thread Maggsy, I met u on the mc thread last night and was about to pop back there to tell you to join us and I saw someone else had.

The only good thing I think about this is that its making me wait to ttc, I think emotionally and physically it will be better for me. Even though Im desperate to be preg again, and I saw sooooo many preg ladies today :(

Right thats it im gonna go now.....

Hi Bluesky,

hope you dont mind me asking, but are you still bleeding or having pain? If you are, does this only happen with retained tissue? Could I have some left and not bleed?

Sorry for all the questions, but you seem to have more info about this.

:hugs:

Maggsy ask away my dear thats what im here for.... I have just got spotting now like brown discharge, and yes im in a bit of pain but thats prob due to the rumiging around the doctors have done the last couple of weeks. If you are not bleeding and have no pain then that sounds like a good sign as I believe that if there is retained tissue your body does try and get it out and thats why I have been bleeding on and off for the past 10 weeks.

Petitpas have you stopped bleeding but still have tissue???

Bluesky,
I just about stopped bleeding last Wednesday (after a few days of brown spotting). I haven't had a major bleeding/clotting session for about two weeks and I am feeling much better for it! Still, the little piece is hanging in there.
It's highly highly unusual after two d&cs, though! Is this really your first? I can't believe they've left you hanging in for so long before going ahead with this. :nope:

If it's your first time, don't worry at all! Both of mine were painless. The only thing that hurts is the canula going in the hand before the op but you should be used to that with all the blood tests. I went to sleep very quickly and when I woke up it was like waking up from a nap. They only give very light anaesthetic for d&cs because they are over with very quickly. I had an oxygen mask on and it just stayed on for half an hour or so. It's supposed to help you feel better and recover faster from the op. After a little while (half an hour?) they moved me back to my room where my husband was waiting. Very soon after I started drinking water, tea, eating sandwiches and even a chocolate fondant with ice cream the second time round. So obviously not physically distressed at all! Both times round I went home just a few hours later.

If all goes as it should (and it does with everyone but me, it seems) blood loss during the operation is minimal and your bleeding should taper off quite quickly. Hail the witch as she will be back just a month after that!

Maggsy, I am happy to have a pee-off with you on Sunday! Honestly, if you're not in any pain, don't have major bleeding and are not passing clots, that's a really good sign that you are recovering well and you shouldn't worry about retained tissue (which is relatively rare). I'm sure we'll both have negatives on Sunday and we can have a guessing game of what my hcg level will be tomorrow if you like. I probably won't find out until Tuesday, mind.

With all that ramble, I forgot to send you big flowery :hug: bluesky
Having to wait all this time for them to finally do something about your situation must have been hard and I really hope the physical part of this will be over for you very soon xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->