the big Christmas clean (and toy sort)

Been doing it for a while here as we are moving soon.

I will have to get started on the big clear out soon!

I wish we had done it before moving, then everything would have been in the right boxes and we could have just put them away. Dh insisted on bringing everything and sorting now we are here. I've sorted another box in one bedroom today but ds4 only let's me get a bit at a time done

Ours is finished! I've been sorting through his toys for the last month as we had planned a big ikea shop for last week and I wanted the house ready for all the new storage. We'd held onto a lot of toys thinking next baby would use them, but as the years have gone by it's just become hard to hold on to them.

We've thrown out at least 20 bin bags worth of stuff from the house - we've had a big clear out of stuff we don't use anymore - clothes, toys, shoes and furniture. We just have the spare room to do and I'm dreading it, it's literally full to the brim full of stuff as it's our equivalent of a loft :dohh:

Vanilla I know exactly where you are coming from. I've only kept the best of his stuff but it is becoming harder to store things.

We are on holiday next week so going to have the big sort and clean after we come back. We do the same LDC - sell LO's old items on Facebook or eBay and then put the money in his money box or bank account. It's okay most of the time but he freaked out when we sold his scuttle bug - it was sold over a year ago and he still asks when the lady is bringing it back. :cry:

Highly recommend this book for having a big sort out. We've started the process and it is amazing!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Chang...qid=1444208410&sr=8-1&keywords=konmari+method

October half term I'm planning to sort all Riley's toys out, going to have to be ruthless too lol xx

Did the toy cupboard today in the front room and gave the room a massive clean

Passed toys onto a teacher friend too so happy happy happy!!!

Boys bedrooms next then the girls

I have some holiday days coming up and am planning of having a HUGE sort out of clothes, toys, DVDs etc. Sadly im getting quite excited of having some space!!! :haha:

iv been car boot sales through the year and getting rid of things, iv never actually got rid of toys but maybe I need to start. im sure my 15 month old doesnt REALLY need a big box full of rattles. I also dont think they really NEED 6 different shape sorters and about 40 different vehicles when there both not even car fans. I just dont want to get rid as what if they like these things in the future. oh me its hard!!

It's so hard isn't it? I probably could have got rid of more stuff but keep thinking they may want it.
Ds4 seems to have skipped so many toy stages that I may as well just bite the bullet and throw those things away. I mean if he didn't like toddler toys now he won't like then when he is older right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->