The BIG LIST of all Old Wives tales on baby gender!

BabyRayback

Reaction score
Well I went through and did all my predictions, now its time for yours! :happydance:

Old Wives Tale #1: Heart Rate
If the baby’s heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy. (First time we heard the babies heartbeat it was at 144 bpm) Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #2: Shape of Belly
If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl. If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, it’s a boy. (I seem to definitely be BIG AND ROUND lol) Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #3: Ring Test
Using a string, hang your wedding ring over your pregnant belly. You are having a girl if the ring swings back and forth and it’s a boy if it swings in a circle. (I think this test is rigged... steven made sure the ring would swing back and forth I swear) Prediction outcome: INCONCLUSIVE

Old Wives Tale #4: Acne
If you have acne while pregnant, it’s a girl. It’s thought that acne during pregnancy is caused by the extra hormones. Prediction outcome: BOY

Old Wives Tale #5: Cravings
People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl. (definitely been eating the fruits and sweets. Just about the only thing I WILL eat!) Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #6: Skin under Left Eye
The eye test is when a “V” or “branches” appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye. If you see a “V” or “branches” in the white part, you’re having a girl. I have a “V”, so one more point for a girl. (I've got a big V under there, though I question who came up with this one... kinda odd) Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #7: Time of Conception
The person that is most aggressive in bed at the time of conception is the opposite of what the baby will be. (Ummmm... this is a little confusing depending on your definition of aggressive ;) Prediction outcome: INCONCLUSIVE

Old Wives Tale #8: Legs
If your legs get really big, you’re having a boy. If your legs stay in shape and lean, it’s a girl. I think it’s too early for me to tell on this one. (Well, as far as I know I'm only gaining in the torso, legs seem to be the same) Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #9: Moodiness and a Little Pecker (this one is odd, but funny)
If you are really moody, you are having a girl since you have another extra girl hormones in you. Your pregnancy will make you smile and be more happy if you are having a boy because there’s a little penis inside you. (Well... I'm just gonna give my prediction as I'm sure most of you know how I'm feeling these days) Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #10: Chinese Gender Chart
The Chinese Gender Chart claims to have an accuracy rate of over 90%. It is based on how old the mother is at conception and the month that she conceived. Prediction outcome: BOY

Old Wives Tale #11: Mom’s Beauty
Basically you are having a girl if your beauty disappears during pregnancy. It is said that the girl “steals” the mother’s beauty. If you think that pregnancy has never made you look more beautiful, a little boy it is. (well... this is bias as my only comparison are friends and family and they lie I'm sure saying I look beautiful... liars lol. but in my opinion, I have definitely looked better!) Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #12: Dream of Sex of Baby
If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having. (I've only had dreams of it being a boy, even before I ever got pregnant) Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #13: Clumsy vs. Graceful
If the pregnant woman is graceful throughout her pregnancy, she’s having a girl. If she becomes clumsy, she’s having a boy. (I'm pretty clumsy, have yet to fall but I'm running into things all the time) Prediction outcome: BOY

Old Wives Tale #14: Side You Most Rest On
If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she’s having a boy. If she prefers resting on her right side, she’s having a girl. Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #15: Dad’s Weight Gain
If the dad-to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it’s a girl. If he doesn’t gain weight, you’re having a boy. Prediction outcome: BOY

Old Wives Tale #16: Breast Test
If a pregnant woman’s left breast is larger than the right breast, she’s having a girl. If the right breast is larger, it’s a boy. (I can't tell if one is bigger than the other and neither can steven) Prediction outcome: INCONCLUSIVE

Old Wives Tale #17: What Do You Think?
71% of the time, the mom-to-be knows what she is having. Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #18: Morning Sickness
If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it’s a boy. If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl. (Oh yea, I've been sick. it sucks.) Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #19: Areolae
If your areolae (the part around your nips) have darkened, it’s a boy. If they haven't, its a girl. Prediction outcome: BOY

Old Wives Tale #20: Protein
When a pregnant woman craves meat and cheese, count on a boy. (I do like cheese still, and with meat I've found I only want red meat, though I'm not getting much) Prediction outcome: BOY

Old Wives Tale #21: Feet
Are your feet colder now that you are pregnant? If so, you just might be having a boy. If your feet have stayed the same before pregnancy and during, you’re having a little girl. Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #22: Headaches
If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy. Prediction outcome: BOY

Old Wives Tale #23: Baby Names
It is said that when you can only think of specific names for a boy or a girl, you will have that particularly baby. (steven and I can only solidly agree on our girls name, we're still back and forth about the boys name) Prediction outcome: GIRL

Old Wives Tale #24: Urine
What color is your pee? If it is bright yellow, you will have a little boy. If your urine is a dull yellow, plan on a girl. Prediction outcome: GIRL

TOTAL GIRL: 14
TOTAL BOY: 7
TOTAL INCONCLUSIVE: 3

Old Wives tales gotten at- https://www.hisboyscanswim.com/658/list-of-51-pregnancy-old-wives-tales-your-babys-sex-revealed

Oooh brilliant! Mine were
Total Girl - 9
Total Boy - 11
Inconclusive - 4

I don't believe any of them but it's fun playing about !

Mine were almost all girl!!! Hope it's right

I think I got mostly girl.... which is cool if it's true. I guess I'll find out here shortly. :)

Total girl: 11
Total boy: 11
Total inconclusive: 2

OMG how frustrating :haha: I had a gender scan which said boy, then had a scan at the hospital where they couldn't decide what gender baby is... I don't know what to believe :D xxx

Boy=9
Girl=8
Inconclusive=7

I will have my gender ultrasound in 4 days will update then!

Mine mostly came out as girls but he is definately all boy! I never believed them, but was told by many...it must be a girl! lol

ooo thanks ..that was fun!!!
mines mostly boy!! :thumbup:

Girl-16
Boy-6
Inconclusive-2
Ultrasound determined a girl

Some i've never even heard of before :) but most of mine showed a girl! though im pretty bsure the gender scan will tell me different on friday LOL!

OOOOOOO!!!! I'm so glad everyone had fun!! :D I totally giggled the first time I read some of these, they're pretty funny, and there were more that I didn't do, like the drano test, If I had drano I woulda done it. lol I'll have to see if someone has some. lol

This was fun, mine was:

BOY - 10
GIRL - 7
INCONCLUSIVE - 7

I got lots of inconclusives because they either didn't apply at all or both applied :)

Oooo I'm defo having a boy!

TOTAL GIRL: 6
TOTAL BOY: 14
TOTAL INCONCLUSIVE: 4

An im expecting a :baby: boy :blue:

Boy- 17
Girl- 6
Inconclusive- 1

Well, I'm having a boy.. so the majority proved true for me, but it's just for fun b/c it's not always true! :)

girl 12 boy 5 inconclusive 3 but for kacey i got 12 boy and 5 for a girl. Must be having quite the oppisite

Boy- 17
Girl- 6
Inconclusive- 1

Well, I'm having a boy.. so the majority proved true for me, but it's just for fun b/c it's not always true! :)

Well with all these lovely pregnancy symptoms we gotta try and find some fun it until the baby comes! :winkwink: lol

I got 23 for girl and 1 for boy. The 1 boy was the "mother's intuition" one :lol:

How bizarre!

TOTAL GIRL: 13
TOTAL BOY: 6
TOTAL INCONCLUSIVE: 4

Lol I still think I'm having a pink bundle of fluff though! Lol I'll probably be wrong now! I don't mind either way though so it's all good :) Good fun trying this though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->