the blue dye test myth

mummyof953

Reaction score
I've been researching on these tests and these false positives and with all my 3 children I used the notorious clear blue cross test. Now these were clear lines in the end but they started of with a thin line then 3days later a clear positive.

So my theory is these tests don't give false positives ( unless Lin is grey in colour,then its an evap) but if your line is blue in colour its not an evap its early.

Many people think there wrong because AF arrives soon after the thin blue line but I've been thinking and I believe that on these occasions they are picking up a chemical pregnancy!
Most women don't find out there pregnant until week 6. Most these tests are done the day of missed period or sometimes before so makes you 3weeks pregnant. Chemical pregnancys are often missed as people just assume there period was late. But chemical pregnancy starts and ends before week 6.

So all those thin BLUE coloured lines a positives!!!

I disagree. I had a false positive on a blue dye test, and it wasn't a thin line. I took a frer that same day and the following 2 mornings, all bfn. I don't think blue dyes are all false positives, but I do think they are awful for early testing.

Agree with you stillpraying! I had my bfp at 14dpo and today which is like almost 20dpo i used a blue dye and it was just a faint positive that i had to buy a frer and sure enough my lines were super pink.

1 post and a HPT expert..... :dohh:

i did a blue dye at 21dpo with my loss in '09 and it was a real BFP but i had been testing with pink prior.

OP- youre misinformed that most find out at 6wk.

Disagree. I took a blue dye and got a line. A blue, normal thickness, popped up at 2m line. Went to the gyn with test in hand. Beta came back <1 aka 0. Took another when I got home and still had a faint line.

For those actually TTC most of us find out prior to 4 weeks when AF would typically be do. So around 3ish weeks.

Disagree. I took a blue dye and got a line. A blue, normal thickness, popped up at 2m line. Went to the gyn with test in hand. Beta came back <1 aka 0. Took another when I got home and still had a faint line.

I think your test could of still picked up a chemical pregnancy, the hormone (hcg) takes a few extra days to come out of your system as it has to filter through the kidneys, so a urine test will still show a slight positive even on the same day as a blood test shows negative!

My friend took a blue dye test in my house, it was positive, no ifs or buts, it was there in the time frame, it was blue and fat and perfect for a BFP, then she took another from the same twin pack, negitive, held her pee for few hours and a another neg on a first responce, the next day more neg's, its a few months later now and no pregnancy.

The time frame from the perfect positive to all the negitives rule out a chemical pregnancy, the test was a dud!

Im not saying clearblue are always wrong but i wouldnt use them again.

The last time i did i got a positive, i was pregnant but when i went to show OH it had turned from a full positive to a full negitive and i ended up having to buy a first responce anyway!

I cant talk facts and figures or any of the science behind pregnancy tests, i can only talk from experiance but i disagree that thy cannot give false positives as ive seen them myself!

Here is my false positive, blue dye evap!! It fooled me, thick blue line and I wasn't pregnant!!!! I will never ever use a blue dye test ever again! Here is a picture of it! They suck!!!! :growlmad:All of my other tests were negative that cycle!!

BFP Saturday 8 DPTnumber2tweak.jpg

I think your test could of still picked up a chemical pregnancy, the hormone (hcg) takes a few extra days to come out of your system as it has to filter through the kidneys, so a urine test will still show a slight positive even on the same day as a blood test shows negative!

I do agree that a lot of frustration with tests these days come from cps, but this particular case I had been in for bloods every other day for a week because of the lines I was getting. So there was very little chance it was a cp and more likely those teets. But I have had others where I suspect cp from other clues as well. The tough thing is we will never know

Still that's a generic store brand. They are produced and sold to stores to sell as "the store brand". That particularly one I have gotten plenty of false lines. You've seen them lol

I have tested this out after many many false lines on blue dye tests over the years. The final straw was after getting a clear line on a clear blue to get a hcg blood test of 0 hours later. I took the tests two days before I ovulated when I 100% was not pregnant and had a faint but clear line within 5 minutes on a clear blue and an even clearer line on a sainsburys test. And after years of taking tests every month I think I can safely say I used them correctly so results weren't down to misuse.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 23
My false positive blue dye test.
This was a year ago. I was most definitely not pregnant at all.

https://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz235/ChioChick1/20150826_175724.jpg

I have tested this out after many many false lines on blue dye tests over the years. The final straw was after getting a clear line on a clear blue to get a hcg blood test of 0 hours later. I took the tests two days before I ovulated when I 100% was not pregnant and had a faint but clear line within 5 minutes on a clear blue and an even clearer line on a sainsburys test. And after years of taking tests every month I think I can safely say I used them correctly so results weren't down to misuse.
It's very clear that your line is not centered. That's a negative.

I've seen too many false + for them all to be chemical pregnancies. I've even seen a + blue dye and then a - right away.

I had some really convincing false positives on a couple of Clearblue tests once. They were thick blue lines too. One hundred percent false as every other test I used was negative...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->