the clap hands song

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
i have just seen a post by jacqui and she has the clap hands song as her signature, it tickled me cos i always laugh at paul about the scouse version of my darlington clap hands song

so how does your clap hands song go?

mine is ... ''clap her hands a daddy coming down the wagon way! a pocket full of money and a cart load of hay!''

pauls is ... ''clap hands! daddys coming home! to bring little leyla a cake and a bun! an apple to eat and a nut to crack! a big bow wow and a pussy cat!''

i cant remember jacquis but it was very similar, i love how there is regional versions of the same clap hands song lmao

so what is yours?

x

i have never heard that song before LOL

Lou
xxx

never heard them either :( only one kinda similar is pat a cake

Oh wait! Come to think of it my mum sings to Leo ... "Clap hands, Leo come, with a penny and a bun, all for Leooo!"

Is that the same song? x

My mum sings "clap your hands til daddy comes home... daddy bring you a cakey!"

I think mine is "Clap handies, Daddy will come and bring little *insert name here* a cake and a bun". I may be wrong though, as my sister used to sing this to her kids and she could have made it up...

i dont know this one. i only know clap hands, clap hands til daddy comes home. daddys got money and mummys got none. lol. thats not the same thing is it

i dont know this one. i only know clap hands, clap hands til daddy comes home. daddys got money and mummys got none. lol. thats not the same thing is it

that's the one i know too lol

Mine is 'clap your hands for daddy coming down the wagon way, a pocket full of money and his hands all clay' and that's tyne & wear not even too far from darlington really!

I didn't even no there were variations to this song. My SIL always said 'Clap hands daddy come with a pocket full of plums, allllllllll fooooooooor chloe' so i just sing that.

Are we sure these arent just a bunch of different songs?

From "The Real Mother Goose", circa 1916:

CLAP HANDIES

Clap, clap handies,
Mammie's wee, wee ain;
Clap, clap handies,
Daddie's comin' hame,
Hame till his bonny wee bit laddie
Clap, clap handies,
My wee, wee ain.

'clapa clapa handies, daddy's coming home, pennies in his pocket for an iced cream cone' or 'nice cream bun' but usually ice cream cone up here x

no theyre all the same song, theyre all about daddy coming home, bringing some kind of pressie for the baby lol

its so funny how theres such a difference lol

x

:rofl:

Heres mine!

Its been around for centuries......I remember my dad singing it to me!

i sing....
if you happy and you know it clap your hands *clap* *clap* if your happy and you know it clap your hands *clap* *clap*, if your happy and you know it and you really want to show it, if your happy and you know it clap your hands *clap* *clap*

:rofl::rofl:

we've always sung - clappy hands till daddy comes home, daddy buys a cakey :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->