The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

So I finished up my first round of clomid, days 1-5, about 8 days ago. I started using OPK's on day 8, three days after finishing the clomid. On day 8 it was almost positive and then on day 9 it was positive. Day 10 until now (Day 14), they have been negative and getting even more negative.

Any of you clomid users ever have this happen to you? Could I have ovulated that soon after finishing up the clomid? Do you think that was my ovulation or should I keep using them to see if I end up getting another positive? I am so confused! Any input would be so appreciated!

As far as research has told me the average person ovulates between 5-9 days of taking their last pill. Now that is average so some people could earlier or later, but it's unusual. Remember OPK's pick up the surge the tells ovulation is coming not that it's happening. It takes 12-40 hours for o to happen and varies person to person. So that would mean your O fell into that 5-9 days after finishing last pill norm. Good luck! Hope you caught the eggie! :)

So I finished up my first round of clomid, days 1-5, about 8 days ago. I started using OPK's on day 8, three days after finishing the clomid. On day 8 it was almost positive and then on day 9 it was positive. Day 10 until now (Day 14), they have been negative and getting even more negative.

Any of you clomid users ever have this happen to you? Could I have ovulated that soon after finishing up the clomid? Do you think that was my ovulation or should I keep using them to see if I end up getting another positive? I am so confused! Any input would be so appreciated!

I just wanted to tell you what happened to me this month. I had an almost pos on cd 12, was pos on cd13 and cd14. Figured I o'd. Even had ewcm, but no big o pain like usual. Just figured it wasn't as strong. cd 17 had ewcm again and decided to test (thought I was 3dpo) and had a nearly pos opk again. cd 18 pos opk and lots of my usual o pains! Pretty sure I o'd on the second lh surge! Going to get my prog today, so we will see! Gl and hope that helps!

This is my 3rd cycle taking 100 mg clomid days 5-9. It's Day 11 and I'm getting so nervous... I can only take clomid one more month and I'm so scared it's not going to work. I hate to be such a Negative Nancy.... but every where I go there are pregnant women. At the grocery store today there were 3 (!!!!) women ready to pop right ahead of me. I almost broke down in tears right there in line. I try not to get myself worked up but I've honestly wanted to be a mother since I was a little girl... and never thought that I would have an issue making that happen. Every day someone asks me why I'm not pregnant yet, or they try to tell me how to get pregnant ( like I'm not trying hard enough) I know that none of you have a magical answer... I guess I just needed to vent, I don't really talk to any friends or family about how frustrated I am because then they really lay on the advice....and that (obviously) only makes me feel worse for not being pregnant yet. Thanks for the Ears!

I understand how you feel.... I've been there so many times. You are not alone! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Kel21- looking into the two surge thing it seems It can happen and has to many confused ladies out there. One girl who was a nurse commented that if the first surge wasnt strong enough to release the egg, then sometime our bodies will surge again to ensure the egg releases. She also said in those cases O most likely happened after the second one as once ovulation happens the corpus releases hormones to prevent another surge. Found that interesting, I'd check with a doc but sounds like your situation.

Thanks Hopeful! Yeah, I was very confused this month! And I'm pretty sure it happened last month too. I just never tested again to catch the second surge! Oh, will see my dr on monday and will ask him about it! But fxd I won't need to know, maybe I caught the egg this month!!!

Fx for you that you did! Hard enough to figure all this out without mother nature adding another surge.

Hi ladies, I need some help. So I finished my last clomid pill on cycle day 9 (which was the 10th) and I started using the OPK's on cycle day 11, so I got my first positive on cycle day 11 and it was very bold, now what makes me think that was an actual positive is the fact that I took and OPK on cycle day 9 and two on cycle day 10 just for the heck of it because I was so anxious to test, anyways it was positive on cycle day but I know that was the clomid, so they were negative on cycle day 10 and then positive on cycle day 11. So I have PCOS and I have heard that women with this condition will almost always have a positive because of the high LH. Also since cycle day 11 I have had a lot of positives but a few of them have been negative, today was cycle day 14. I really don't know what to think and I am already starting to get discouraged because my body is so stupid. I have even lost 10 lbs. in the hopes of it helping my fertility. I just don't know anymore but I guess me and hubby have just been BD'ing every other day. If I knew when I ovulated for sure, if I did yet, then we would BD every day. What do you ladies think?? I would take pictures of the tests but my camera takes crappy pictures :(

I have pcos and do not have that issue with always positive opks, so not everyone gets that. With clomid, you're supposed to wait I think 3 days until you test with opks. The positive opk was probably due to the clomid. Try out this calculator and it'll tell you all you need to know about what days to test and what days you should ovulate https://www.babymed.com/tools/clomid-ovulation-calculator

good luck!

Okay thanks so much and I told my husband that I thought they were all from the clomid because I had a very dark positive today and they were all negative for the last 1 1/2 so would I consider that a positive?? Thanks for the calculator and I will take a look at it now, I am so glad to hear from someone who has PCOS as well :)

Hi everyone!!

This is the first time I have ever posted on a forum, I think it's so good being able to talk to people in the same situation as me.

I have been ttc for a year and half. It's really depressing that I am not pregnant and I'm 21 I thought it would be easy. I got married to my partner of 5 years and we would love to be parents.

I have done my research and I think Provera to induce a period (I'm very irregular) and Clomid may work.

What I wanted to know is how did you all go about getting the doctor to prescribe Clomid. The last thing I want to hear is "You're young, try naturally for another 6 months" Cuz i know my body and that won't work.

Thanks so much, Baby Blessings ;) xxx

if you ever need to talk or ask any questions, I'm here!

I'm also 21 and after we'd stopped using protection for about a year and a half, I made an appointment with my OB and just told her that I don't ovulate, so I have irregular periods, I believed I have pcos and have not had any luck with getting pregnant. I'll be honest, I was nervous as well because of my age. I wanted to be taken seriously so I went in feeling confident that she would do something, and she did. If she says something to you then find someone else. You are paying them for a service and if you are not happy with the treatment then you can just as easily pay someone else who will give you the treatment you want. They aren't there to judge you, only help you. Good luck and if you need someone to talk to, I'm always here 

Hi everyone!!

This is the first time I have ever posted on a forum, I think it's so good being able to talk to people in the same situation as me.

I have been ttc for a year and half. It's really depressing that I am not pregnant and I'm 21 I thought it would be easy. I got married to my partner of 5 years and we would love to be parents.

I have done my research and I think Provera to induce a period (I'm very irregular) and Clomid may work.

What I wanted to know is how did you all go about getting the doctor to prescribe Clomid. The last thing I want to hear is "You're young, try naturally for another 6 months" Cuz i know my body and that won't work.

Thanks so much, Baby Blessings ;) xxx

Babywishez if you have been trying for over a yr the doc will start fertility tests for yourself and partner. It doesn't matter that you are 21

GL and much :dust:

Babywishez- I agree. Let your doc know you have been trying for a year and a half and that you need further help. At 1 year they should either test and treat or refer you to someone who can help. Where do you live. I know in the US you can simply call a fertility clinic yourself. In Canada you need a referral. UK I have no clue.
Good luck and welcome! We've all been there :)

Okay ladies, so today is CD 15 and I had a really dark line today so I am counting that since it is so far past the time when I took my last clomid, my temp is also up in the the 98 degree range so I am hoping that I ovulated and that I can finally be in the two week wait. I am kind of worried though because the last time me and the hubby DTD was two days ago, but I told him we got to get to it tonight because I was wanting to DTD at least every other day, who knows maybe doing it a few days before will give us a better chance for a girl :)

This is my 3rd cycle taking 100 mg clomid days 5-9. It's Day 11 and I'm getting so nervous... I can only take clomid one more month and I'm so scared it's not going to work. I hate to be such a Negative Nancy.... but every where I go there are pregnant women. At the grocery store today there were 3 (!!!!) women ready to pop right ahead of me. I almost broke down in tears right there in line. I try not to get myself worked up but I've honestly wanted to be a mother since I was a little girl... and never thought that I would have an issue making that happen. Every day someone asks me why I'm not pregnant yet, or they try to tell me how to get pregnant ( like I'm not trying hard enough) I know that none of you have a magical answer... I guess I just needed to vent, I don't really talk to any friends or family about how frustrated I am because then they really lay on the advice....and that (obviously) only makes me feel worse for not being pregnant yet. Thanks for the Ears!

I understand how you feel.... I've been there so many times. You are not alone! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks so much you guys. I've honestly never felt this bummed out. I know that there are couples that try for years and years, and I feel almost selfish for complaining about TTC for just under 1 year. Sunday is when we are supposed to start BDing and I can't help but think why even bother??? It doesn't help that one of my co-workers (we work in the same classroom) Got preggers her first try back in December. She is constantly telling me when I need to have sex and why IT hasn't happened yet. uggghhh. I really need to get myself out of this rut... I think just keeping it in all this time is getting to me... Very thankful to have you guys now!

Hi, I have been prescribed clomid because my period didn't come back 6 weeks after a d and c. I am on 100mg daily for 5 days to kick start my ovulation. I am a bit worried about thin lining though as my lining is only 4.5mm after the d and c. I've heard clomid can thin the lining, does anyone know? Good luck everyone!

Have they done genetic testing?? I read that can be a cause of mc. Sorry for ur loss btw, hope u get a sticky bean

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->