The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Ladies, yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. I woke up w horrible pain, and after several hours i finally went to the hospital. Our little baby attached in my right tube. The doctors said I was around 3 weeks and was lucky that i wasnt farther along or i could have ruptured. They were able to save my tube and assured my husband that we can try again soon. I dont even know how to feel right now. I just dont understand. My husband and I have been through so much already, cancer, endometriosis, polyps in my uterus, and we thought we had beated the odds. I am now even more as risk of a tubal pregnancy. My husband isnt so sure he wants to risk it again. Im just heart broken.

I knew Clomid, or any other fertility drug could raise your chances of an ectopic pregnancy. But of course, you never think it will be you. After doing research, my past of endometriosis also played a factor. I wont be using fertility drugs again in the future. Good luck ladies and i hope your baby dreams come true.

So sorry for your loss... :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Mama - I am so sorry for your loss :( :(

I took day 9 of a 10 day course of Provera. I am getting so antsy and excited for my first round of clomid. (yup - I'm cheering on AF, and excited for the visit haha. Prior to TTC, these are words I never imagined saying!)
I know that chances are slim I will get my BFP on my 1st round, I am more excited to possibly have a normal cycle. I don't ovulate regularly and my cycles range from 50-100 days at this point. So I'm really looking forward to a little normalcy! Hope everyone has a great week --- I have a case of the "Mondays" so I'm heading out to chop off my hair ;)

I am going to be taking my first 50mg clomid tonight. I took provera for 10 days and am now on day 5 so will be taking clomid for days 5 through 9. I am really excited. I have had problems getting pregnant with my other 2 sons but have never been put on clomid. I always took borth control for several month to regulate and come off it and got pregnant. There is just over 4 years of age between my two son and my youngest is almost 3. we have tried since he was born to conceive as we know it takes us a while.
I have read up on clomid and am a little nervous about the side effects. but i have prepared my husband in advance.
I just wanted to introduce myself here. and am excited to take the first pill tonight.
Thanks

Hello Ladies!
I will start my 1st clomid cycle tomorrow! I am excited but nervous at the same time. It has taken a while to get to this point. What side effects have you had from Clomid, if any? Any other adivce, would be greatly appreicated!!

Thank you!!

My advice is don't stress about the side effects. I was soo nervous about the side effects because of everything I had heard and read online and from BnB and then when I actually took the medication, I didn't have any terrible side effects like I heard. I did get hot, not going to lie, but I was so nervous I was causing myself anxiety because of what I heard!

Also, my FS gave me a great piece of adivce. He said that having a place to go to talk to women is GREAT however, people on sites like this most likely are the ones having trouble conceiving and experiencing difficulties with the medication and so they have stories that aren't so good. Whereas people who take clomid and don't have side effects aren't going to go online and write about it so the statistics of people actually experiencing terrible side effects is not actually accurate if that makes sense? Just don't stress and best of luck =D

I had hardly any side effects with Clomid a lot less than I expected from what you read about etc. I wrote my side effects down in my blog if you wanna see.

To be fair though, a baby is worth most ALL side effects that clomid may or may not give you :) good luck x

A quick question for anyone who has had a scan while on Clomid.

I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see if the Clomid has made any effect on me or if I need a higher dose, my question is I'm meant to be having my scan on CD11 tomorrow is CD10 for me because they could not fit me in on Weds which is my CD11. What will they do at the scan? Will they show me any follicles developing? I'm curious....

Thank you for any help!

Hi kookycake, they will do a vaginal ultrasound to view your ovaries and the sizes of the developing follicles. Generally you want to see from 1-4 in range of 18-24 mm as they are considered mature. It's good to see a bit under that too as they grow 1-2 mm a day. You should be able to see on screen, unless they don't show you. Ask questions!

Just when you see something on screen, 'what's that?' when they tell you how many and what sizes ask 'what does that mean?'. Just keep informed as you go. Let them know your new to this and you want to know everything you can. Ask how thick your lining is and will it change. Right now I can't think of more but I'm sure they will come up as your there.
Good luck

Ash- I know what you mean, sometimes people on here are overly dramatic, you hav to take it all with a grain of salt. I think like this. If someone has a bad experience they spread it to ten people and if someone has a good experience they tell one person. That applies to so many things in life.
Oh also sorry to hear about the bfn. It'll happen for you soon :) has AF arrived?

AF hasn't arrived yet but I am having cramps this second so I'm hoping that I get her in the morning that way I can move onto round two which will hopefully be successful =D

I'm happy someone gets me about the everyone being overly dramatic or negative. I don't mean to sound mean but when my doctor said that to me, it all clicked!

Hi ladies! I just started Clomid today, 150mg. Our IUI is scheduled for March 30th!! I had my first RE appt today and had no clue we'd be movin along this fast but my body's timing was perfect! I'm so excited and so nervous! I have never takin Clomid before and DH is scared of any mood swings :haha: So far I feel ok but I only took it a couple hours ago lol. I send you all :dust:

Hi ladies! I just started Clomid today, 150mg. Our IUI is scheduled for March 30th!! I had my first RE appt today and had no clue we'd be movin along this fast but my body's timing was perfect! I'm so excited and so nervous! I have never takin Clomid before and DH is scared of any mood swings :haha: So far I feel ok but I only took it a couple hours ago lol. I send you all :dust:
Good luck on the cycle of clomid. 150mg is what did the trick for me. ;)

I don't think that my mood swings were too bad on clomid... but I was pretty emotional in general (just because we'd been trying for so long).

My s/e were never that bad. But today, holy emotions and hot flashes. the emotions are likely from outside things. I think people are quick to immediately blame clomid when having a bad day

My doctor told me to come in for an u/s on CD 15 or 16, are they looking for the same thing they would on CD10?

Thank you We Can't Wait! I love reading and hearing about success stories!

I'm guessing so, it was meant to be a CD11 u/s but they had no slots tomorrow.

However I just got back from the u/s and by the looks of it this round it a bust there were no follies to see, the only good thing I can take from it is that my lining was nearly 1cm! Which is fantastic. I still have to have CD21 bloods which will be CD23 as where I live they dont do blood draws over the weekend *eye roll* I then have to wait another week to see if AF comes on her own if not I am to take Norethisterone 5mg BD again to indude my cycle and then take 100mg of Clomid next cycle.

Oh well, onward and upwards ladies!!!

Kookycake- sorry it didn't work out for you. Just remember clomid dosage varies for each person and it's trial and error to find the magic dosage for you. Good luck with 100. Doesn't mean you and DH can't still practice every other day :)

StayHopeful- that's my guess but why so late I'm not sure. Do you normally have long cycles? What days are you taking the clomid cause usually I happens 5-9 days after the last pill, that late you very well could miss o. Unless you are just going in to confirm o happened?? I would ask my doc for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->