The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Got my test results back from my doc, and the nurse even sounded shocked!! She said my levels have tripled in less than 48 hours! She said the bleeding could be totally normal, or the fact that i had 2 follicles develop i could have had more than one bean and one may not have made it.

I am thinking positive! I have to go back in for another blood test on monday to make sure my levels keep going up! :thumbup:

I havent had much more bleeding other than the 3 moments of blood coming out. as long as it stops and stays that way i wont worry too much. will keep taking tests for my own sanity. cant help but poas lol Will keep everyone posted!

wow congrats!!!!

Got my test results back from my doc, and the nurse even sounded shocked!! She said my levels have tripled in less than 48 hours! She said the bleeding could be totally normal, or the fact that i had 2 follicles develop i could have had more than one bean and one may not have made it.

I am thinking positive! I have to go back in for another blood test on monday to make sure my levels keep going up! :thumbup:

I havent had much more bleeding other than the 3 moments of blood coming out. as long as it stops and stays that way i wont worry too much. will keep taking tests for my own sanity. cant help but poas lol Will keep everyone posted!

:happydance::yipee::happydance:

Hello Ladies,

My husband and I have been TTC for 8 months. This cycle was my first with clomid. My Dc recommended 25Mg from cycle day 3 to 7.
On wednesday I have my first scan :happydance:
I have no idea what to expect... No one i know has ever needed to use clomid... Any one have advice on what to expect... :winkwink:

xoxoxox

I don't get scanned so I can't help you there. About the only advice I can offer is to not trust what you feel in the tww!!! You will drive yourself crazy!! Clomid gives you so many symptoms that you can be absolutly convinced you are and turns out you are not or sometimes you are! Fxd for you!

oh so the symptoms I'm getting is due to clomid? :dohh:

It has been my experience that clomid can affect OPK and CBFM results. Go by your temperature and cross reference with your OPKs. IsS this your first time taking clomid? everyone reacts differently. I would BD every other day, staring ASAP and continue until clear signs that OV has passed come about. Wait and see how this cycle went for you and then discuss it with your doctor, if you think you OV too soon. Good luck!
It's not my first cycle, i did two cycles last year where I didn't even O at all:(
So if you look at my temp chart, it would appear that I'm about to O correct?
I'm still quite new to the charting as well.

what does the chart look like today? I am no expert in charting either but I can try to help...

ANY help at all...

Attachments

• chartgraph_module.php.png
    chartgraph_module.php.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 9
It's pretty much impossible to predict O from charting - OPKs or CBFM is the best way to go, when trying to time sex around O. Most women O 12-48 hours within the positive OPK, with the majority in the 24-36 hour window. Also, any time you see fertile CM, go for it.

Well ladies after doing some thinking over the past hour I have decided that I am going to stop ttc. I feel way to stressed and its only getting worse. After 2 years of trying and 2 out of three cycles of clomid I'm not getting any results. I'm only 4dpo right now after my 2nd cycle so I will stick around here until af shows. I just don't feel like I'm going to get my bfp anyway. I can't go through another cycle of clomid or ttc without it because i really feel like I'm on the verge of having a nervous breakdown and its scary. My mental can't support me anymore. So here's to hoping for the best on my 2nd but last cycle of clomid and good luck to all of you ladies.... :)

ANY help at all...

I see that your temp went up a bit, it can take a deep and then go way up, which would indicate O or it can remain around the same for a few days... :shrug: I agree with Daisy, you cannot predict O with charts, only confirm that you O; in my case neither do OPKs (they have given me + even a week before O and up to 5 days after O). My CBFM always tells be 1 or 2 days before my charts indicates O... I would keep BD every other day and keep temping so you can see later when you O. Good luck!!:hugs:

wantababy, I am sorry you are feeling so down. I understand,,, this TTC business is not easy. You said you have been thinking for the past hour, maybe you just keep at it this month and think about it, discuss it with DH, make sure it is really what you want?. I wish you the best no matter what :hugs:

Awww, so sorry for the bad feelings, it can be rough and I know how it feels, I am trying to keep a positive attitude as well because it can be stressful every month. Just try to keep your head up and my advice is to do what you feel is best :)

Hello Ladies,

I hope I am not interrupting but I had a question about Clomid and I did start to read the pages but there are so many of them here! I already asked this on another Clomid thread but would appreciate multiple opinions.

Anyone ovulate early on Clomid or ovulate early even when taking Clomid?

According to my temps I do ovulate on my own and my progesterone was 7.4 last month so that also indicates that I ovulate on my own, but the egg is probably not the greatest.

To boost my egg quality I took Clomid this cycle from days 5-9. Today my temp spiked making it looked like I ovulated yesterday (day 10). Is that too early for the Clomid to work??? I will have to keep temping tomorrow to see if the rise stays but if that is the case the Clomid did not help me build up a good egg for much time first.

Anyone have any experience or advice with this? I am not getting an ultrasound, just a 21 day progesterone test to see if the Clomid raised it.

Hi ladies :wave:

I have been lurking/stalking this thread for quite some time. But not because I was interested in Clomid, just because it has been a really active thread with really nice ladies LOL. Some of which have left due to pregnancy, yay!

I had never thought I would need to take Clomid or ever wanted to. But needless to say, here I am now. I just finished taking Clomid and awaiting my upcoming IUI. I have a question though that maybe someone can answer. I took Clomid Cd3-7 at 50mg.
I know many ladies take a trigger shot around ovulation. My FS did not suggest doing that this cycle. Why would you want to take a shot versus just naturally ovulate? What are the pros/cons? Maybe I should ask to do a trigger shot?

Thanks in advance ladies.

Purple hope- I got pregnant both (once natural o, once triggered) ways with clomid IUI. I found its easier to pinpoint o and time based on mature follicles with the trigger. My FS asked me if I'd like to trigger, as it costs money. When I asked what they recommend they said to trigger is a better route, but natural is okay as well. Good luck! If you want to trigger ask for it!

I am starting my 1 cycle of clomid shortly! (I started 10 days of provera today!) I've been reading through the thread and there is some great info - thanks ladies!

I'm sure it's already in here... but there are so many pages to get through. I have an RX for 50mg clomid CD 5-9, the majority of what I have read on here, people are taking it CD 3-7 -- what's the difference?? I will give my doctor a call later this week to ask. I'm just curious :)

*I wanted to mention, we have only been OFFICIALLY TTC since November, but NTNP for almost a year. And with cycles ranging from 30-80 days, my doctor thought that clomid was a good idea to try to get me ovulating regularly. Fingers crossed this is just the extra boost I needed ;)

Hi MandyBoo :flower: GL on your first round! I'm currently waiting to start a new cycle so I can start my first round of clomid too:)

My doc prescribed my progesterone too, but I chickened out and decided to wait for AF to come naturally. my cycles are also long, anywhere from 40-85 days! Sounds like we are in the same boat.

Are you taking your first dose of provera today? My prescription is for Prometrium, which does the same thing. I was instructed to take it for 10 days also.

Let me know how the progesterone treats you. I'm sending you lots of :dust:
:)

Hi MandyBoo :flower: GL on your first round! I'm currently waiting to start a new cycle so I can start my first round of clomid too:)

My doc prescribed my progesterone too, but I chickened out and decided to wait for AF to come naturally. my cycles are also long, anywhere from 40-85 days! Sounds like we are in the same boat.

Are you taking your first dose of provera today? My prescription is for Prometrium, which does the same thing. I was instructed to take it for 10 days also.

Let me know how the progesterone treats you. I'm sending you lots of :dust:
:)

Wow - our situations do sound similar! Yes, I started the provera today, which is only CD 32 for me (wow, it would be strange to start before I hit the 50 day mark, haha) Last cycle I used Provera, and began it on CD 65 I believe. AF came before I finished the full 10 days --- I was on day 9 of it I believe - so I think it was right around the corner anyways. I had absolutely no side effects with the Provera - I was a little worried!

GL, keep me posted and I will do the same!!!!!! LOTS OF BABY DUST!!!!!!!!!!!! :dust:

Hi Everyone!
I am fairly new to this site - I just finished round 3 of clomid. It hasn't worked BUT this round I went for bloodword on cycle day 25 and my progesterone was at 39.5! The last cycle it was only 2!! I know that anything over 10 usually means that you ovulated, but what does having such a HIGH number mean? Could I be pregnant? My HCG on CD 25 was only 3..
I have taken 2 home tests and they were both negative. Not on CD 30....

Also - I should mention that my husband and I have beet TTC for 2 years. We have had one miscarriage.

One more thing :) Can anyone tell me exactly how much my temp should spike when you ovulate???

Thanks ladies :)

Good luck to you ladies that are just starting Clomid. I too had super long cycles and had to go through 3 cycles of provera and clomid. after ttc for 7 months they finally put me on it. And this month i got my bfp :) They say the average time it takes is 3-4 cycles to get pregnant on clomid. i didnt do the trigger shot. and even when i went in to check my follicles this last cycle, they said they werent developed enough to release an egg, but less than 3 days later i released TWO eggs :) I had been charting eveything this last cycle. my temp, everything and opks sometimes twice a day. I told myself if this cycle didnt work I was done for a while. Then I got my bfp which shocked me because I had nearly given up! Then the day after, I started bleeding which was devastating. bUT my blood test showed my levels had TRIPLED in less than 2 days, so there may be more babies in there, thus the extra irritation to my lining. Had another test today and will find out tomrw if everything is ok. Good luck ladies and Best wishes and I will keep in touch!!!

Hi Everyone!
I am fairly new to this site - I just finished round 3 of clomid. It hasn't worked BUT this round I went for bloodword on cycle day 25 and my progesterone was at 39.5! The last cycle it was only 2!! I know that anything over 10 usually means that you ovulated, but what does having such a HIGH number mean? Could I be pregnant? My HCG on CD 25 was only 3..
I have taken 2 home tests and they were both negative. Not on CD 30....

Also - I should mention that my husband and I have beet TTC for 2 years. We have had one miscarriage.

One more thing :) Can anyone tell me exactly how much my temp should spike when you ovulate???

Thanks ladies :)

From what I've read anything around 15 means you O'd. But it can't be used to determine pregnancy. I know lots of ladies who've tested in the 30's or 40's with bfn, and some in the 20's with bfp, as well as vice versa. Good luck! Fx

Everyone new, welcome :) :dust: I hope you all get a bfp really soon!

Hi Mandyboo - to answer your question about the days you are taking clomid, from what I've read, the earlier you start taking it, the greater liklihood you will release more than one egg. When you are taking it later, it's not meant for "super ovulation" but meant to develop one really good, mature egg.

Mackenzie, from everything I've read, a high progesterone level does not predict a BFP. It does however mean you've ovulated. Clomid will usually raise progesterone levels because it makes you ovulate, and maybe more than one egg. If you have 2 corpus luteums, you'll make even more progesterone. Fingers crossed for you - when is AF due?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->