The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

scerena

Cautiously Expecting #1
Reaction score
There are sooo many different clomid threads- I've even made a few myself... So I thought I would try and make one for all us clomid girlies to talk on and support eachother instead of us all having to post seperate threads hoping that someone will reply :flower:

So... If we all write what dosage we are on, what cycle we are on and the results...

1ST CLOMID CYCLE- 50MG CD2-6 (FAILED TO OVULATE)
AWAITING NEXT CYCLE....

I thought on this thread also any questions we have for eachother or anything to do with clomid we could just find this thread and ask away :thumbup:
Much easier than writing a whole new thread- And we can all make some new buddies :happydance:

Look forward to reading the replies :dust:

what a lovely idea scerena !!

im on my first round of clomid cd2-6 and am currently on CD14. Having some mild cramps in my ovaries and my cervix is really high!! cm is also creamy lotion like with a slight stretch so figers crossed my ovulation comes soon !!!!

xx

Thanks SummerLily :)
All sounds good- Sounds like you will be ovulating soon!
What mg are you taking?
Have you had any side effects?
x

50mg . have been prescribed it for 6 months with no checks or anything - were going it alone ! lol. side effects during the tablets were hot flushes, dizzy spells and a couple of waves of nausea! other than that have been ok! oh! and i was worried with the whole though of 'drying up' that the clomid causes and really i have been the complete opposit!! theres no chance of me coming close to drying up down there !! xx lol

I had to have day 12 scans for the first month to check it worked then have bloods after the month when it eventually does start to work. The scan showed my follicles didnt mature enough and my lining was thin that cycle. I had a few hot flushes and a dry mouth and mood swings lol- so feeling sorry for oh when i take the next lot lol especially now its being increased lol!
When/if a dose works I'm allowed 3 months of it so hoping it works!
Im currently waiting to start the next cycle- I find out on monday when i go for my scan wether I will need provera or just be allowed to start the next cycle without af if my lining isnt any thicker...

I take vitamins and use conceive plus (even though I do not need it) but i heard good reviews about it :)
x

aww lol my oh said that my mood wasnt too bad ! bearable !! :haha:

all my cycles have been regular and i ovulate some months just not on others !! im also taking conceive plus ! just to make sure ive got everything that i need for when i do finally start baking ! :happydance:

thats great news that theyve allowed you three months when it shows that its working !!! if the clomid dosnt workthen were moving onto ICSI!!

what are your next steps? x

Thats good your moods were bearable lol!
I have pcos so rarely ovulate and hardly have af- such a pain! I end up obssessing over every symptom!- but now after 2 years Im becoming far more laid back!
To be honest I havent even thought of the next step for us- Im just hoping clomid will work for me- my fs said if it doesnt after the three months I have to have a laproscoy (think thats how you spell it lol) and then decide the next steps from there.

Yep my oh is good now hes always got the conceive plus at the ready lol!
Lets hope we both wont be waiting much longer :)
x

I'm starting my first round of clomid today. Cycle days 5-9 at 50mg.

welcome virginia :hi: good luck with the 50mg ! how many cycles are you taking? x

thats great that oh is on hand scerena ! my other half has it all out and ready for me !! weve also been trying for more than 2 years and have had every test under the sun ( aside from the laproscopy!) which all showed that everything was normal. aside from 'low ovulation' or the fact that i did not ovulate every month !

Fingers crossed that we get those BFPS soon!!

hi girls:) i actually talk to lily on the other thread, but nice to meet you other two.

i am on my 2nd cycle of clomid. i took 100 mg cd -8.

i did not ovuate on 50 mg cd 4-8 last month.

i do not get monitored. doc just told me to use opks and bd every other day.

i'm pretty certain i o'd on cd 18 this month with the 100 mg dose. i got dark (but not positive) opks on cd 17 in the last afternoon and in the middle of the night. when i was at work around 11 am on cd 18, i had dull pain behind my left hip bone for about an hr followed by about an hr of cramping all across my abdomen. it finally subsided. when i took another opk that late afternoon, it was alot lighter than the two had been the day before.

besides that, i just get hot flashes and occasional bouts of insomnia from the clomid. nothing i can't handle.

Welcome virginiagrl6! Have you took your first pill yet?

Summerlily- it's a good thing when oh is always ready! I've had every test too apart from that I hope I don't have to have it to be honest!

I hope we all don't need many rounds girls :)
X

Hi LesleyL- welcome! I too failed to ovulate on 50mg as you can see do you reacon 100mg has done the job then?
Shame they don't monitor you so you have a definate answer...
Well hope 100mg has worked for u Hun and hope it works for me too :) x

yes:) hope it works!

i asked for bloods this month and he said that i will 1. get pg 2. get period. 3. get no period (no ovulation) and neg pg test.

he wrote for 2 refills of 100 mg, then onto 150 if i have to.

he said that we can start monitoring next month with scans or whatever if i want to. soooo of course, i am going to want to:) i hate guessing. i wish i would have gotten a positive opk to be sure.

hi lesley :hi:

am also keeping everything crossed that we dont habve to have to many rounds !! would be lovely if it coud work second time around !! i know im not out of round one yet but im trying not to get my hopes up this cycle and am just taking this one as a 'practice run' lol. think it might take this cycle to get it to settle into my body !!

but you never know !!! GL everyone !! xx

I'm just takingit for one cycle. Until the re knows it making me o.

fingers crossed it works for you then virginia!!

im definatly asking for scans and bloods from next cycle !! has anyone experianced constipation with clomid? x

Hello all first post here..

im 25 ( in less than 2 weeks) went off bc after 7 years in January. Diagnosed with PCOS in May. I was put on metformin for this. Saw an RE and have been placed on Clomid ( day 3 today) taking day 2-6 of my cycle... Blood work showed i was not ovulating...

Hoping to get pregnant soon!! No bad side effects from metformin or from clomid yet so we will see.. GO back to RE on thursday June 30th!

Has anyone used Fertomid which is a generic type of Clomid?

Hi Ladies!!
I would love to join this thread!
I am scheduled for a hysteroscopy and hsg on Thursday and then I will start clomid immediately after:) I am so excited, but a little nervous at the same time.. I am not sure the days my doctor is going to start me on, but he did say 50mg.. I am assuming cd 5-9?? I do have a few questions if anyone can answer them for me:)
-My insurance does not cover anything infertility related.. I am paying cash for clomid. But since I have not been 'diagnosed' with infertility yet, will they still cover my ultrasounds to check for mature eggys and uterus lining??
-What's the average day you ovulated on with clomid??
-What happens if my ovaries go crazy and produce more than 3 eggs or of my uterus lining is too thin??

Just a few questions:) lol any advice would be greatly appreciated!:)

My insurance is the same i believe. but i have my rx's on caremark instead of my health ins. ( just how our comapny does it) they covered my clomid but i had looked it up.. it was $75 for clomid and i asked dr for generic so it was only $5 which is what my normal rx's are. generic is Clomiphene Citrate....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->