The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Ok so now I'm grasping at straws :D

Is it possible I will still go on to O this cycle even though no follicles showed on my cd10 scan? :(

im sure youll get your BFP really soon doapdesign!! :flower:

well all be plump and eating turkey for 2 ! ( maybe 3!) on christmas day !! just know it! x

I am quoting this success story, from this thread, to give us all hope! Not sure i could cope with three and my hubby though!!! :haha: summerlilly has triplets!

Ladies, yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. I woke up w horrible pain, and after several hours i finally went to the hospital. Our little baby attached in my right tube. The doctors said I was around 3 weeks and was lucky that i wasnt farther along or i could have ruptured. They were able to save my tube and assured my husband that we can try again soon. I dont even know how to feel right now. I just dont understand. My husband and I have been through so much already, cancer, endometriosis, polyps in my uterus, and we thought we had beated the odds. I am now even more as risk of a tubal pregnancy. My husband isnt so sure he wants to risk it again. Im just heart broken.

I knew Clomid, or any other fertility drug could raise your chances of an ectopic pregnancy. But of course, you never think it will be you. After doing research, my past of endometriosis also played a factor. I wont be using fertility drugs again in the future. Good luck ladies and i hope your baby dreams come true.

So sorry to read this and for your loss :hugs: I had read about a link so I asked my consultant last wednesday and he said there is no proven link, but it is more likely if: you smoke; have a coil; you're over 35 or suffer from infertility.(??) . He was adamant there is no proven link between clomid per se and ectopics I asked him lots of questions as I have now had 4 mc's and never taken clomid as I always get pregnant straight away and didn't want to harm my fertility as it's the only thing I seem to have! Anyway just thought I'd add what I just found out last week! I'm glad they were able to rescue your tube.

my doc actually told me different. And when i was at the hospital, and told them i was on clomid they went "ooohhhh". my doc said that there is a higher chance of ectopic w fertility treatments. I am only 27 so my age isnt an issue and was only on my 3rd cycle of clomid. idk i guess we wont know for sure if it played a role or not. were not giving up but i am very hesitant to try clomid or any other treatment. but we want a baby so badly we may try anything honestly. I cant imagine having 4 mc's hun i am so sorry. my husband said if we lose another baby he doesnt want to try anymore. its really hard for him to see me like this, and i can tell he is hurting even though he tries not to show it.

My advice is don't stress about the side effects. I was soo nervous about the side effects because of everything I had heard and read online and from BnB and then when I actually took the medication, I didn't have any terrible side effects like I heard. I did get hot, not going to lie, but I was so nervous I was causing myself anxiety because of what I heard!

Also, my FS gave me a great piece of adivce. He said that having a place to go to talk to women is GREAT however, people on sites like this most likely are the ones having trouble conceiving and experiencing difficulties with the medication and so they have stories that aren't so good. Whereas people who take clomid and don't have side effects aren't going to go online and write about it so the statistics of people actually experiencing terrible side effects is not actually accurate if that makes sense? Just don't stress and best of luck =D

Goodness i wish i had your doctor!!! ive been an wreck and honestly wish my doc had been so uplifting. he didnt even talk to me after my surgery for my ectopic but before it just said that clomid most likely had something to do with it. but honestly, all my other pregnancies were high risk without any medication at all to help me conceive. i may just be a high risk mama. goodness i love this website. i do know that everyone handles hormones differently. if theyre naturally dramatic haha i can only imagine what a little boost of hormones can do! Im day 3 post op, and after my initial shock has worn off i did some research and found that only 2 percent of women have an ectopic pregnancy, but that age and infertility, or endometriosis play a role as well. i wish my doc would have explained that. But thankfully i have gotten way more answers and support on here thanks to ppl like you!!!:hugs:

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the website and posting on forums, however I was so excited when I came across this one! It was so great reading other peoples stories that are close to mine.

My hubby and I have been TTC for a little over a year now. We already have a daughter (she's turning 3 in a week) who was a surprise baby and she is the most precious thing ever!

I've had irregular periods all my life and would only get them 3-4 times a year. However, after having my daughter I haven't been ovulating on my own. Birth control kept them regular, however when we wanted to try again for another baby nothing happened. I never got pregnant or got my period. So, in December I went and discussed options with my gyno. She originally thought I had PCOS, but after doing blood work and an ultrasound it came back normal. However, I had an abundance of follicles, couldn't get my period, or get pregnant. So, basically I just don't ovulate anymore.

My Dr prescribed Provera and 50mg Clomid to me. The Provera worked and I got my period, but the Clomid didn't help me ovulate at all. :cry: Now I'm currently taking the Provera and will start 100mg Clomid again on cd 5-9.

This whole process just seems so stressful. I'm glad to hear there are other
ladies out there who know what I'm going through. I've been enjoying reading through some of the posts on here and it really restores my hope.:flower:

So im now 3 days post ectopic surgery. I tore my stitches which totally sucks, but after reading through some posts on here I am actually feeling quite uplifted. The doc that did my surgery wasnt my regular doc, he was the one on call, so when he told me that the clomid was responsible for my ectopic i was shocked and upset because my doc didnt inform me of that! Well, after doing some more research I have found that there are several other factors that cause an ectopic pregnancy. Not just clomid, but other fertility medications, or infertility in general.

I APOLOGIZE greatly if i caused anyone grief, or made them freak out. I know that only 2 percent of women on these medications actually have an ectopic pregnancy. I just happened to be one of the unlucky ones. I have always been a statistic when it came to my pregnancies. 1st, Placenta previa, 2nd frank breech, 2 strokes, 3rd, 2 strokes, 4th- nearly ruptured and had her super early.

I also found out that my prior surgeries for endometriosis and the fact that ive had endometriosis makes me at a higher risk. Its amazing that I had to go online for answers when my doc could have easily calmed my fears!!!!

Ladies I love you all, and im not going anywhere. My husband and I will take the necessary break and try again. I have found more comfort, and support from all of you on here and I wont be giving that up!!! You all are amazing women and i know we all will make our dreams come true.

I took Clomid on CD3-7, so no idea why my doctor told me to wait until CD15 for my appointment. The nurse is the one who told me when to book the appointment. I'm not sure really what my normal cycle is, I got my first bfp straight off of birth control and I haven't ovulated since my mc.

cd 16...would really like my positive opk now. I keep getting close to positives
:(

mama - it's no problem and believe me, my doctor still does make me mad but he never puts me in the wrong direction. I really do like my doctor and he is always honest with me, even if I don't love his answers!

Morning everyone, I was on Fertomid 100mg CD 5 - 7 for the first time this cycle. We BD'd every second days from CD 12 - 20, I had a close to positive OPK on CD 18. Today is CD 21 and my bb's are so sensitive they actually woke me up this morning. Could it be one of the first signs? Or is it too early eeeeck, I know it's too early to do a HPT. This waiting is really killing me

Morning everyone, I was on Fertomid 100mg CD 5 - 7 for the first time this cycle. We BD'd every second days from CD 12 - 20, I had a close to positive OPK on CD 18. Today is CD 21 and my bb's are so sensitive they actually woke me up this morning. Could it be one of the first signs? Or is it too early eeeeck, I know it's too early to do a HPT. This waiting is really killing me

I would think its much too early for symptoms, at least give it till 6 days past o to start symptom spotting. That's usually when early implantation happens and HCG hormones starts to produce causing possible symptoms. Good luck, I know waiting is killer! :dust: that you have a fertilized eggies moving in to make a home soon!

Well I just picked up my clomid from CVS and I start taking it tomorrow until day 7 of my cycle so here we go again! I have an ultrasound scheduled on the 31st of march which will be cycle day 12 to see how many follicles I have ready to go and then ovidrel is already on its way here! =D

Good morning ladies! How is everyone feeling this morning?

Today I start my second round of clomid. Last cycle I took 50mg cd5-9. I think I ovulated cd15. But I started my normal spotting cd26 (actually started spotting later than usual) and af showed the next day. Bleh!

This cycle they increased my dose to 100mg cd5-9.

I am already in the negative mindset though.
I keep thinking - what is the point if I'm not going to get pregnant anyway? :shrug:

My DH is great and just keeps telling me "that means we get to keep trying" :winkwink: lol

Ok - enough negative thoughts! It will happen this cycle!! I will think positive from here on!! :thumbup:

Went for my HSG the beginning of Feb and all clear.
SA is also perfect.

I have one question though. The past 4 days I have been having bad headaches on and off and feeling soooo warm - even woke in a sweat one night. (I didn't really have any other SE from clomid this cycle except the intense cramping which I expected and actually made me feel good - like I was ovulating really strong. lol) Has anyone had the headaches and hotflashes so late in the cycle and progressing to the next cycle? I haven't taken the clomid since cd5-9 - I would have thought it would be out of my system by now? Just curious??

Good luck to all of you! :dust::dust:

i had a mc about 2yrs ago me and bf trying again.. well anyways ok so. last month me and my fiance were put on clomid for the first time. day 3-7 we missed the egg i ovulated on 100mg on day 17 got a pok.. well this month is a little weird my dr said my eggs werent really good. so he bumped me up to 150mg for only 3days. day 9-11 of my cycle he said it wont interfer with my ovulation timing meaning it wont make my ovulation late. that it will still work? is this true anyone know. he said he doesnt matter what days u take it as long as u take it couple days before ovulation for it to work.

Never heard of it used like that. I know they say days 5-9 tends to make a better quality egg, but that late? Hmm, is it a fertility doc?

Has anyone on here had no positive Ovulation tests on Clomid??? I remember my dr saying something about clomid effecting the tests... but I figured that he meant false positives.... It's day 18 and I've been testing since day 15.... I have cycles that are 31-35 days long so I figured that I would ovulate later..This is the first month I've tested for ovulation ever day... and the first month that my hubby and I have been able to BD everyday since day 15.... Really hoping that the OPTs are wrong and that I will be ovulating within the next couple days!!

Do you only test once a day? If so you could have missed the surge. Sometimes you need to testearly morning, afternoon and late evening to catch it. Everyone and every month is different. Good luck hope it's just late :)

Thanks! I've got to try not think about it and wait for the time around when AF is due. I keep going through all sorts of thoughts. Its driving me nuts

Hiya, can I join?? I'm not actually taking clomid yet,.am starting this cycle 2-6 how come they give different tines to take it??? If 5-9 is a better qualify of egg shouldn't I be taking it then. I'm slightly confused lol. Also are the side effects quite common with everyone?? I'm a bit worried. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions when I actually start taking it - if that's ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->