The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Sorry to hear that Stevens :(
Good luck with round 4! :dust: for my fist baby round 4 was my success, but with IUI.

Sometimes you ovulate more than once in a cycle...I think anyways...I got 3 positive opks back in November. And it was three days in a row!

On my last round of clomid tonight for this cycle...hope it works!!! :( has anyone gotten up to 200mg? I'm on 150 right now..

Cd 14 took last pill on cd9 and last night my muscles in shoulders and stomach got so sore, still sore today. Got no sleep and woke up nauseated and in a terrible mood. Lingering effects? Still -opks, wondering when or if ill ov.

I am so confused, I took an OPK randomly and it was the darkest positive I've seen in my life instantly. I am CD24 and so lost! I *thought* I got a positive OPK on CD16 but comparing the two pics it looks like today is indeed positive and CD16 was *almost* positive. Check out my BBT chart, it's really odd, too.

CD24 (Today)
https://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9675/cd24positive.jpg

CD16 (Almost Positive?)
https://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5103/photo1aah.jpg

Could be a number of reasons.
OPK's are not always effective for every woman.
Clomid can mess with OPK's but usually only close to when you stop taking the last pill.
* Sometimes the body gears up for o (with an lh surge) but then fails to o- this leads to it gearing up another time (sometimes a stronger lh surge) to finally ovulate.
Hormone levels post o can be wacky as new hormones take over to rule the second half of your cycle. I have heard this can cause strange test results.

I believe the most common I have heard for those in your situation is the one I've *'d for you.is there any way to get monitored to better pinpoint o? Or go for a blood test to see if you did? Those little test strips are not perfect and that is why most fertility clinics do not use them but rather monitor with bloodwork and ultrasounds.

You can't ovulate twice in a cycle but your body can get ready to ov but fail and so try again.

I would take cd24 as defo positive - a great positive at that! - and go from there. FX for you hun!

I'm CD2 today, day one of Clomid for me. FX for round 4.

Hello ladies, well I will tell you a little about me, I had my tubal reversal 16 months ago and still no BFP. So doc is talking about clomid, I am 41, I have 1 biological child who is 20 now and 3 step children with my new husband of 7 years, and we want a child together and it has been really hard for us. I do pray it is not to late for us. Doc doesnt think so, He is talking of starting on clomid this cycle, waiting to hear from him, after he gets my temp charts for july and august, waiting to start my cycle this month in about 2 or 3 days. Just wanted to say congrads to all ladies who have concieved on clomid, and wishing all the best to the ones that are still trying. HUGS HUGS FRIENDS

A little update.

After 5 rounds of Clomid and no BFP and my O getting weaker with every cycle we are finishing the Clomid and moving onto femara or injectables I found out in a week what the new plan is. I will post an update once I know what is going on.

Thank you all for your advice and support over the last 5 months.

Babydust to everyone!

-Kooky

Hi ladies, just thought I'd check in! I just had my day 21 draw on Monday and I'm waiting on lab results to see if I finally o'd. This was my first cycle on Chlomid + Metformin. I'm nervous!!! Hope everyone is doing well and is not too hot in this August heat! *hugs* ~ K

Hello. This is my first cycle with Clomid/Seraphene. I took my first pill yesterday at 7pm. Since morning I've been really wet down there, need a pantyliner! I'm reading sometimes this is normal? I'm starting to fear I'm going to have sextuplets at the rate this cm is coming out!

After a 2 month break from TTC, DH and I are back in business ;) It has been 13 months since we first started trying. This is my 4th cycle of clomid and my first monitored cycle. I had an ultrasound today at CD 13 --- but I don't ovulate until CD19 or 20 on clomid, so I still have a while to go. I had ZERO follicles on my right side, where I have a blocked tube, so that worked out well! I have 7 on my left ovary - 18mm, 15mm, 15mm, 14mm, 12mm, 10mm, 10mm. will they be too large by the time I ovulate?? I only spoke to a fertility nurse who said things look great, chance of multiples etc... Thoughts??

After a 2 month break from TTC, DH and I are back in business ;) It has been 13 months since we first started trying. This is my 4th cycle of clomid and my first monitored cycle. I had an ultrasound today at CD 13 --- but I don't ovulate until CD19 or 20 on clomid, so I still have a while to go. I had ZERO follicles on my right side, where I have a blocked tube, so that worked out well! I have 7 on my left ovary - 18mm, 15mm, 15mm, 14mm, 12mm, 10mm, 10mm. will they be too large by the time I ovulate?? I only spoke to a fertility nurse who said things look great, chance of multiples etc... Thoughts??

Are you planning on triggering with HCG shot? If not chance of multiples is lower as you usually will only release the lead one or two follicles (the biggest ones). If you trigger then more are released, it really depends on how many are developed into mature range once you are close to o.

Are you planning on triggering with HCG shot? If not chance of multiples is lower as you usually will only release the lead one or two follicles (the biggest ones). If you trigger then more are released, it really depends on how many are developed into mature range once you are close to o.

My doctor didn't want to have me trigger since I have so many and I SHOULD have one or two at an "ideal" around my O date. I'm not super concerned about multiples since we aren't triggering :) I was more surprised that I had so many just on one side! Is that typical?

Hi Ladies,

My DH and I aren't going to be actively TTC for a while since we just had our daughter, but I was prescribed Clomid the month we conceived her so I'm saving it for when we start trying again and have a quick question.

When we were trying for our daughter, I took Soy one cycle but it really messed up my BBT temps. Anyone on here temping and find that Clomid does this as well? DH has low seminal volume so it took precisely timed BDing after no sexual stimulation for several days in order to conceive our daughter. If Clomid messes with temps the way Soy does, I'm not sure I should bother attempting to use it...

An article on Google says Clomid only increases the chance of twins by 10%...any personal experiences with the increased likelihood of twins/multiples due to Clomid?

Thanks ladies!

I don't know about the temps because I can't seem to get mine straight either way. But I know I used to get +OPKs and since the Clomid all I've gotten are neg.

I don't know anyone who has had twins / multiples IRL from Clomid, but when they say "only 10 percent" it is really a big jump because the probability increases tenfold from 1 to 10 percent! I'm really hoping for twins!!

GL!

As for temping I never did but many ladies suspect clomid messed with their temps (as in they were higher than normal), I assume you mean soy isoflavones?
In terms of clomid and twins my fertility doc gave me paperwork stating clomid only increases the chance of twins about 6 %. Normally your chance of twins is 1-3%, so on average 8% of women taking clomid may end up with twins.

As to the so many eggs on one side, its normal, generally we only release an egg on one side each month, so that seems to be the side you should o from. You could release more than one egg with the estrogen in your system so it could happen. In my case I've conceived twice on clomid with IUI's. One natural ovulation, one triggered, both I had multiple follicles, both times only one baby. Good luck :)

Yay! The Metformin worked! Labs say yes I did O this month! Whoo hoo!!! AND my cycle is supposed to start on Tuesday. I want to test so bad but I'm trying to hold out until Tuesday morning. Ahhh I so hope this is the month!!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->