The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Oh yay! Hopefully you'll get preggers on your natural cycle and won't need clomid again tho! xx

I hope so but I'll be lucky to even get af to be honest lol! Well after my op I should be back on clomid which should be after Xmas- goodluck to you Girlies you will prob all be over in first trimester by the time I'm back on clomid! Good luck :)
X

Hi Everyone. This is my first time writing on any forum but really need some support from other women who understand.
After six months TTC my gynae tells me my left ovary doesn't work. My hisband also has low motility. So this is my first round of clomid. I have to say I already feel depressed. What if it doesn't work?

i had lots of doubts too. i think just because i have so many health problems i think nothing is going to work. but i have to stay hopeful. because if i dont i will get all depressed. At least your dr. has given you clomid. be thankful and just believe in it. If you are stressing out then its going to have little effect because stress can cause you not to ovulate. Goodluck

Hi Everyone. This is my first time writing on any forum but really need some support from other women who understand.
After six months TTC my gynae tells me my left ovary doesn't work. My hisband also has low motility. So this is my first round of clomid. I have to say I already feel depressed. What if it doesn't work?

Hiya. I know how hard ttc can be but please don't get down. What's wrong with your left ovary? And I really don't want this to sound flippant, but if your other ovary is good then you still have a great chance.

How was the rest of your husband's semen analysis? And has he only given one sample? If he repeats it you might see a change...every sample is different. Maybe get him to take zinc, drink more water, stop smoking etc....it's all supposed to help.

There's no reason at all to think you won't get pregnant hon. It just might take a little longer than u planned (and all the women here know THAT feeling!). Just keep your chin up and enjoy the time with your husband. And when u feel like crap and want to moan come and find us here.

Good luck for your first round! I'm just starting round 2 so crossing fingers I actually ovulate this time!

Hey girls! I'm on day 2 of a 7 day course of provera then I'm onto my second try on clomid when af comes, 100mg days 2-6, hopefully I ovulate this time too so we at least have a bit of a chance to conceive x

Just want to say GOOD LUCK girls!!! I will be on the other thread the rest of this cycle, but I will pop back in to check on all of you!!:) I have a good feeling I won't ovulate without clomid, so I am pretty sure I will be back here next month hopefully cyst free and starting round 2 of clomid!!:)

I will be moving to the other thread also, but i'm sure i will be popping in here daily to read where you girlies are at! Hopefully there will be some bfp's soon!

I got my smiley face last night!!!

Hey! Thanks girls, good luck on your natural cycles and deffo do keep popping in on us here......Congrats on the smiley teddybear! And justwantababy- we can jeep each other company then, what cd are you on? X

I'm cd8 today, took 100mg cd3-7. Still haven't got OPKs, just relying on my temp to see if I ovulate. Have a much more positive frame of mind this cycle tho....I've been really down for so long, I've been a nightmare friend and wife....things need to change!

(I say this now, but recently my mood changes by the minute so I'll probs be my weepy self by next week!)

How many more days of provera do u have Lily? xx

I'm cd8 today, took 100mg cd3-7. Still haven't got OPKs, just relying on my temp to see if I ovulate. Have a much more positive frame of mind this cycle tho....I've been really down for so long, I've been a nightmare friend and wife....things need to change!

(I say this now, but recently my mood changes by the minute so I'll probs be my weepy self by next week!)

How many more days of provera do u have Lily? xx

Hi Justwantababy, I'm trying to keep a more positive frame of mind too, I know only too well how your feeling, I'm afraid I've been quite a rubbish friend and wife aswell! Are you being scanned aswell to have a look at your follicles? I can't use opk's because of the pcos ( I can get multiple positives at different stages throughout my cycle) I am on day 3 of a 7 day course....I just want to get on and get ttc again, I hope we have better luck this time around x

Well I've not been scanned so far but I start seeing the NHS consultant on 22nd august so hoping they might start keeping an eye on me.

I haven't used OPKs yet for that reason...every blood test I've had my LH has been high so I think I'd likely get false positives too.

Are you charting your temp too? I see last cycle u only had one 10mm follicle on cd13....what would be a 'good' scan?

I'm with you on the frustration of waiting to ttc...there's nothing u can do-so frustrating!

Well hopefully we both at least ovulate this month....that would be a good enough start for me!
xxx

He said he would have liked it to be between 13-15 mm on cd13 for it to be dominant and go on to ovulate he also said he would have liked for me to have more than one dominant follicle (but not loads at the same time) so frustrating, I have my nhs appt coming up at the end of Sep (we went private to see what was up with my periods and thats how we found out about the pcos - thats where we are getting the provera and clomid from too) how about you? How are you getting your clomid prescribed? I hope we don't have to go to our nhs appts because we already have our bfp's!!! (well I can live in hope!) I just know when I get my nhs appt they are gona want to do all the tests etc that I already have had privately and they are prob gona drag it out even longer :(

:hi: girls walked 2 and a half mile to asda with nieces bby so i could put the shopping on the pram half way back the wheel fell of the pram haha luckey oh fixed it and it got us home with the shopping well ff has still not put my cross hairs in i no i o any way so fx for my bfp this month x x x

sounds like quite an afternoon with the wheel coming off! good luck, when are you planning to test?

I'm the same....went private to get scans and tests, and once I was diagnosed my private consultant wrote to my GP saying everything supported a diagnosis of pcos and suggesting he prescribe provera and clomid, which he did.

We don't know what to expect from the NHS appt....surely they won't repeat the same tests? It would only cost the NHS more! I've had 2 full sets of bloods, internal&external u/s scan and last months cd21 bloods. O/H has had 2xsemen analyses. I think they might just send us away to continue on clomid...but in that case I'm going to ask if they can monitor it. How much are your scans privately, if u don't mind me asking? Whatever they say we'll just be glad to be in the system.....tho YES would be fantastic to get your bfp before that point (it's impossible for me now, appt is cd17)

Sounds like you weren't too far off with your 10mm follicle. I think I came close to ovulating...had the right cervix position and some ewcm, but my temp never really got up all that much. Was v tempted to skip straight to 150mg this month!

sounds like quite an afternoon with the wheel coming off! good luck, when are you planning to test?

next week some time hun i will post on her and let you all no good luck girls x x x

I'm the same....went private to get scans and tests, and once I was diagnosed my private consultant wrote to my GP saying everything supported a diagnosis of pcos and suggesting he prescribe provera and clomid, which he did.

We don't know what to expect from the NHS appt....surely they won't repeat the same tests? It would only cost the NHS more! I've had 2 full sets of bloods, internal&external u/s scan and last months cd21 bloods. O/H has had 2xsemen analyses. I think they might just send us away to continue on clomid...but in that case I'm going to ask if they can monitor it. How much are your scans privately, if u don't mind me asking? Whatever they say we'll just be glad to be in the system.....tho YES would be fantastic to get your bfp before that point (it's impossible for me now, appt is cd17)

Sounds like you weren't too far off with your 10mm follicle. I think I came close to ovulating...had the right cervix position and some ewcm, but my temp never really got up all that much. Was v tempted to skip straight to 150mg this month!

No I don't mind you asking, my internal scan costs £150, but I have to say my dr is very good, it is supposed to be £120 for every follow up appt plus the £150 for the scan i have every time but he always writes on the slip that it was a "review" and we only pay £120 (even though we have had a scan aswell, in fact the last time we were there when I got my CD13 scan that showed my one and only follie, he didn't even charge us, we were literally in and out! I don't know if thats the norm or if it is because he has took pity on us because we don't have health insurance and are paying straight up or........and my Husband thinks i am paranoid for thinking this but maybe it is because he knows clomid isn't ggoing to work and he will get the BIG monney out of us when we have to do the more expensive treatments, my prescriptions are free btw.

You are right, even though we are getting some treatment we are still going to get our names in the system aswell...just incase! I don't know for sure if they repeat the same tests, that is just something I've heard, it hasn't been told to me by a professional, I'm sure you were tempting to up the dose, i am aswell! lol Deffo get them to monitor you, it's worth it xx

So I'm definitely bumming. This was my first round of clomid and I'm pretty sure I haven't ovulated. I did get a +opk at CD10, but I have pcos and that can apparently throw off opk's. I've also been charting my temps and I've stayed the same temp the entire time. I go for my day 21 blood work Monday but I'm pretty sure it's not going to show I ovulated. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->