The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

AF showed last Friday. I'm on my 4th clcyle of clomid. My RE keep me on 100mg but will also do IUI on the 25th. Hope this will make a difference.

Hi there,
I'm new to all this but came across this threat and wonder if anyone can help me... i have been prescribed provera (to start my periods again) and clomid to help me ovulate. I am to take provera on days 16-21 of my cycle and clomid on days 2-6. As i haven’t had a period for a while, I am taking the provera straight away (I am way past day 21!!). Hopefully i will then get my period and then I can start the clomid on day 2.
Am i expected to then take provera again (they prescribed me 60 tablets) on day 16? I assume so.... that said I’m confused because I could be on my way to being pregnant then but not know it yet because it’s too early.... will taking provera on day 16 if I do turn out pregnant do any harm to the pregnancy..... the doc said to test again before taking the provera incase i was pregnant – i’m not but guess they have to say that.
Hope i’m making sense but basically does one keep taking provera and clomid until they hit the jackpot....
I’m new to all this but would SO appreciate any advice / explanation!!!
Thanks v much

I would get a second opinion as my fs tol me to take prover after cd35 it seems to early I have never heard of that- as clomid should make u ovulate and give you af if it works... But I would ask another doc just to be sure... Gl! X

Yep I would agree with Scerena. I actually started my progesterone on cd29 last month, but I knew from my temps I'd had an annovulatory cycle so there was no way I could be preg. If I had ov'd I would've waited till cd35 and taken a prg test.

I don't know what effect taking provera would have on an early stage preg....but by cd16 you might not have even ovulated. Would def talk it thru again with your doc/get a second opinion.

So I'm definitely bumming. This was my first round of clomid and I'm pretty sure I haven't ovulated. I did get a +opk at CD10, but I have pcos and that can apparently throw off opk's. I've also been charting my temps and I've stayed the same temp the entire time. I go for my day 21 blood work Monday but I'm pretty sure it's not going to show I ovulated. :(

Oh that's rubbish....I had the same last cycle, am just waiting to see if upping my dose to 100mg this cycle has done the trick. So rubbish waiting but at least we're able to do something about it.

Will you get progesterone to bring on your next cycle?

Hey Lily...thanks for that...I think my scan alone privately was about 300 and the follow up appt about 120, so sounds like I was robbed! That was the only provider I could use with my insurance policy, so I think they pump their prices up as they've got a captive market. Will wait and see what the NHS guy says next week.

I've heard that about them repeating tests too....think it's a bit daft, but unless it was going to delay the progress of any other treatment for us I'm happy to go along with it.

Oh.....and ps....I'm with your hubby on this one....think u might be a teeny bit paranoid that the doc is luring u in with cheap fees now, bless u. :laugh2: xx

I wondered if I could join you...I want to read through this wholel thread but it might take a while...

I'm 11dpo pretty sure af will show tomorrow. Read my journal in my signature for my history...doc says if no bfp this cycle I'm starting clomid 50mg cd3-7. I'm on metformin also 500mg once a day for now...just started that.

Anyways just wondering how many if you ovulated way earlier than normal and if it resulted in a bfp the first month or if its pretty much test run that wastes a month just to see how it goes. I'm going to take it at night but any other advice or comments? Thanks and if anyone is in the same boat id love to share the journey with you

Hey Lily...thanks for that...I think my scan alone privately was about 300 and the follow up appt about 120, so sounds like I was robbed! That was the only provider I could use with my insurance policy, so I think they pump their prices up as they've got a captive market. Will wait and see what the NHS guy says next week.

I've heard that about them repeating tests too....think it's a bit daft, but unless it was going to delay the progress of any other treatment for us I'm happy to go along with it.

Oh.....and ps....I'm with your hubby on this one....think u might be a teeny bit paranoid that the doc is luring u in with cheap fees now, bless u. :laugh2: xx

Ha I know! paranoid wreck! lol Yeah I think it is a bit daft of them but you know what the NHS are like, there never seems to be any logic behind their thinking! I hope 100mg works for us both this time, what cd are you now? I am day 4 of 7 provera, getting a little crampy (thank goodness!) x

I wondered if I could join you...I want to read through this wholel thread but it might take a while...

I'm 11dpo pretty sure af will show tomorrow. Read my journal in my signature for my history...doc says if no bfp this cycle I'm starting clomid 50mg cd3-7. I'm on metformin also 500mg once a day for now...just started that.

Anyways just wondering how many if you ovulated way earlier than normal and if it resulted in a bfp the first month or if its pretty much test run that wastes a month just to see how it goes. I'm going to take it at night but any other advice or comments? Thanks and if anyone is in the same boat id love to share the journey with you

Hi and welcome, I have no advice really, I didn't ovulate on my first round 50mg days 2-6, I am in the middle of inducing af so once she is here then I am onto my second round, this time it will be 100mg days 2-6.

my doctor immediately started me on 100mg so that we wouldn't miss a month but it is better to start at a lower dose. I don't think the side effects are as bad. When i did days 3-7 i ovulated on cd 14-15 and when i did days 3-9 i ovulated on cd 18 and 19/20...can't remember exactly anymore.

hi ladies?hope all are fine<i wanna ask a something about clomid intake
i have been taking clomid for a long time,although i ovulate will every month,i can't achieve pregnancy,but i have experinced low amount of menestural blood,only for 1 and half day,
so did anyone experinced the same,and if there is a treatment,as a friend told me that clomid intake is the cause for my thining of the endometrium,and pregnancy will not occur in that case
can any one help me plzzz?

sorry I don't know, hopefully someone else on here can help x

Hi....I haven't ov'd on clomid yet but have read it makes some people ov later than they usually would (but everyone's different). And I have heard about people getting preg with first round of 50mg clomid....it's definitely possible!

Good luck! x

Hi guys, wanted to share my news to you guys and hopefully give you all a bit of hope.

So suffered with pcos my whole life. The testosterone levels were so high I had a near on beard. I didn't ovulate at all.

My doctor put me on 2000mg of metformin and nothing..
He added 50mg of clomid. 1st cycle nothing.
Went up to 100mg. Nothing
Went up to 150mg along with my metformin and fell pregnant.

Strangely I used the clear blue fertility monitor and it never picked up any ovulation, so if you suffer pcos please don't rely on that. Because I never saw a peak on the monitor I assumed I didn't ovulate but just goes to show.

Also to make matters worse for us my partner has a low sperm count. We are actually booked into go to our first ivf appointment on the 24th august!

So after 5 years of trying and knowing in my heart that I couldn't get pregnant it's finally happened. Fingers crossed it will stick.

Good luck to you all. If anyone suffers pcos and wants to know anything please give me a shout.

Baby dust to all. Xxxx

Oh Hannah I'm so glad for you. And thank you so much for dropping in here to tell us...I'm sure I won't be the only one who takes a lot of hope and comfort from that.

I truly hope your pregnancy is problem-free....I think after 5 years you've been through enough. Congratulations! :happydance: xx

Hi All, I was looking for a thread like this one! I just started this month on Clomid 50mg. I am on Day 15 and no sign of ovulation. Were any of you of 50mg and did not ovulate? I am getting a litte worried that maybe I won't ovulate with the lowest dose. I have symptoms of ovulation but when I did the OPK test it came back negative :-(

Hi All, I was looking for a thread like this one! I just started this month on Clomid 50mg. I am on Day 15 and no sign of ovulation. Were any of you of 50mg and did not ovulate? I am getting a litte worried that maybe I won't ovulate with the lowest dose. I have symptoms of ovulation but when I did the OPK test it came back negative :-(

I apparently didn't ovulate on 50mg according to my CD 21 progesterone test. My level came back at .8 - haha! From what I've read however, Clomid commonly causes women to ovulate later. So there's still hope yet! I just finished a roung of 100mg, and my levels were 3.4 on CD 21 - I'm starting to think that my Dr. is testing my levels too early, because my cycle is around 36 days. That, or you know, my ovaries are just super broken. :winkwink: Good luck, lady!

I never got a positive opk and just found out my progesterone this cycle on day 20 was 41.6, when all they look for is 15

I was told by my doc that I didn't ovulate on 50 mg of clomid. The checked my follicle size twice and they kept getting smaller. They never injected me since my follicles were too small. I took Provera to get my period after a negative pregnancy test and my period never came. That was the month I got pregnant with twins! The doctor said that I must have ovulated around day 20-25 but they had no indication that it happened. So even if you don't think you are ovulating, keep practicing the baby making! It'll happen sooner or later. Miracles happen! :flower:

I apparently didn't ovulate on 50mg according to my CD 21 progesterone test. My level came back at .8 - haha! From what I've read however, Clomid commonly causes women to ovulate later. So there's still hope yet! I just finished a roung of 100mg, and my levels were 3.4 on CD 21 - I'm starting to think that my Dr. is testing my levels too early, because my cycle is around 36 days. That, or you know, my ovaries are just super broken. :winkwink: Good luck, lady!

I would def say your bloods are being drawn to early. With a 36day cycle u prob ovulate around cd21....so your progesterone wouldn't be really high till 7 days after that. Do you use OPKs or temp? If u can figure out if/when you're ov'ing you could maybe ask for a repeat test around cd28. Doctors can be so bad for assuming everyone has a 28 day cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->