The Cookery Club

One yummy dinner over, but didn't look very appealing so no piccies today!! :D x

Not the greatest pictures, but it was delic! It took muuchh longer to cook than planned coz i added so much to the pan, but ill add my version of the recipe to the OP tomorow :)
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs559.ash1/32586_423638845699_588895699_5927581_3539055_n.jpg
In the pan ^^^
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs659.snc3/32586_423638860699_588895699_5927583_7606111_n.jpg
Beetroot, chicken, stuffing and potato xxx

i want cake so im going to have to make one lol, and i might do cheese rolls for lunch today and convince DH to take us to the park for a picnic

kris you dinner looks yummy!!

I want to make a toad in the hole... Im famous for how big i can make it lol! But i need to buy some fresh sausages!!

mmm, my OH loves toad in the hole.
My trick is to stir in some apple sauce while u sautee onions and garlic, then add stock and a bit of bisto :)haha:) and cornflour and let it cook down for the gravy. The apple sauce gives it an amazing flavour, even if u dont like apple sauce lol!
And you cn even throw in a splash of red wine.
mmmm
xxx

That sounds yummy. I might give it ago next time i make it.

Im trying to think of things to cook for next week as i am feeling alot better now. It will also give me something to do when my OH is at work lol

Well you've inspired me t do my family famous pork chops and mash :D
Its on the same principle as the toad in the hole except you use a deep frying pan, fry up the onions garlic and apple sauce, then dad the prok chops, brown them and add gravy stock and let the chops cook in the gravy. Its a really relaxed way to get really soft, flavoursome chops, and its also really good for you because then at the end you can add a handful of peas or runner beans or spinach depending on what you fancy, and as its all cooked into the gravy you don't lose any of the nutrients. The gravy also gets a lovely meaty taste along with the added flavour of the apple sauce. I tend to add an extra dollop if sauce half way through as well as some of the flavour cooks off.
Its great because you can sit down and just leave it cooking for as long as you ned (so while you change nappies or feed LO) and it wont go dry, in fact it will just get softer :D
I also make my mash with creme freche and proper butter with a pinch of salt, pepper and powdered garlic :)
mmmm
Ill post a proper recipe on the OP tonight, along with my ammended version of yesterdays :D
Remember itf you post any of your recipes Ill add that to the OP too :D xxx

You could slow roast a bit of pork in the oven with some veg so you can get it done while OH is at work and leave it be? xxx

You could slow roast a bit of pork in the oven with some veg so you can get it done while OH is at work and leave it be? xxx

Sounds like a good idea but my OH doesn't like pork the fussy begger!! :haha:

I thought i might make a stew or something in the slow cooker. its easy enough to leave it alday :haha:

And i might do a chicken pasta salad one day next week.

The only problem we have is my kitchen is so small i can touch the fridge (which is at the end of the kitchen) from the door! :dohh:

Can't wait to move!! I really can start doing lots more cooking!! :happydance:

Kris that sounds fab those pork chops, im not keen on pork myself and was planning on doing a cassarole in the slow cooker tomorrow with the chops that DH brought but i might do that instead lol

Mmm, pork chops were uber soft - heres my pic. Done with runner beans even though i prefer peas but OH doesnt like them :dohh:
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs659.snc3/32586_423938655699_588895699_5932294_4895773_n.jpg
I highly reccomend these, nom nom - gonna put the little man to bed and get writing up a recipe in case you want to do em :D xxx

Yes please to the pork recipe please kris!! :D Looks deleicious!! xx

mmm they look yummy... i've had dinner but you have just made me hungry again!!

Recipe added to the OP, still not done the chicken though lol
but if you want to the the chops check the OP :D xxx

:wave:

Hello,

I'd like to join :D I am wanting to get back into cooking. I used to make mean home made chilli burgers and potato wedges and also piri piri chicken with salad and some kind of poto assortment - mash or jacket. Been a while since I made anything but now LO has started weaning I want to get back into it so its the norm when she is older. Plus I want to make me and OH some nice food that I can prepare one night and store and re-heat the next as he works funny shifts and we only get an hour an evening together at the moment so I don't want to spend too long in the kitchen so planning on doing it when he has gone to bed for the next day kind of thing.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->