The Cookery Club

Hi Ladies

Can i join you please, I have got very lazy off late and although we have lovely home made dinners every night i have got into the way off just useing the slow cooker so i would love to get back into proper cooking x

I am so going to try KrisKitten Chops & Apple Gravy with Mash
tommorow for sunday dinner i have just written down what i need at asda tommorow

Its makeing my mouth water looking at that plate its fab and i love big portions.

i found it easy when doing babyfood to roast off loads of vege in a roastingdish with some " baby " vege stock in the tray to stop it drying out then wack it in the blender , it ment i could combine loads of different flavours for Nate to try, and once he got to about 7--8months and was taking lumps then he just ate what we ate blended or mashed down

Yeh, tommys getting some of our roast dinner tomorow blended up :D
Roast beef with yorkies :D:D
Tonight my mum cooked west indian style, curry goat and rice n peas :mrgreen:
nom nom
How did the chops go lynnikins?
Lol Maybe-baby my family dont understand small portions :haha:
If you dont struggle to fit it all on the plate then there isnt enough :rofl:
xxx

i will say kris that the chops were fanstastic and yeah you do need to plate load to make it worthit lol i used spinach in mine as couldnt find beans and didnt fanci peas, i didnt get to eat it till later though lol my babysitter got it while it was fresh, Nate didnt want to try it lol ( hes getting like that about new food )so will try him again with it at lunchtime today and DH will have it today as leftovers too as he was out last night after our movie

I'm doing the Bacon, Onion & Potato Fritters for tea tonight :D Not sure what to have with them yet, mind. Just for me though, OH's having fishcakes and Mash :rofl:

Plus i swap the recipe a tiny bit 'cos i do weight watchers :lol:

Glad you liked them :D
Lol hope they go down with OH ok as well,
Wellits roast beef and yorkie day nom nom...doesnt really feel right in this weather though :dohh::haha: xxx

gonna have chessey pasta for lunch today, DH has gone for a curry with a friend. I have tones of chicken in my freezer so will be having chicken a few times this week i think, and i have to make a lasange too and a pork cassarole and i have to look and see what other meat we have ,

Roast for us today!! :D
Ooooh, let me know how you find the fritters!! :D xxx

Well, i didn't manage the fritters after all :rofl: I was getting far too hot in the kitchen so just ended up with Mash, Turkey Rashers (that i was going to use instead of bacon) and beans :rofl:

Will definitely try them though!

Kris well the chops and mash went down a storm, they were fantastic and such an easy recipie to follow, I was so pleased how lovely it was and everyone cleaned there plates thank you.

Now i need some help OH friends are coming for dinner on tuesday with there wifes. One off the lads is such a plain eater he likes meat but its got to be really soft melt in the mouth will not eat veg at all and will have boiled potatoes thats all. Chicken he will have but no spices sauses etc but will have plain gravy.

I normally do him a seperate meal but i was wondering anyone any ideas what i could do so not to make him feel the odd one out?

thanks again x

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Yay! Im so glad you liked them and could foolow the recipe lol, im usually useless at writing up how i cook lol :)
Umm might he like stuffed chicken breasts?
You can make up a stuffing with some sage/rosemary, lemon zest,bacon bits, softened onion and breadcrumbs - which comes out very mildly flavoured and yet very tasty.
Then cut down the side of the chicken breast, stuff, and wrap up in bacon or pancetta.
Or you could stuff with cream cheese and garlic and herbs and a queeze of lemon juice and wrap with bacon?
Does he eat chips? Because you could do potato scallops (my favourite comfort food from my dad :D) Literally just slice potatos into discs around half a cm/cm thick and then fry in some oil with salt and pepper until browned - nom nom.

Well my mum ended up doing the roast which was lovely!
But i had to do the potatos as iv finally mastered perfect crispy fluffy roasties every time :D xxx

oh fab i love the sound off the stuffed chicken breasts with breadcrumbs and bacon as he does not fo cheese (how can someone live with this guy) and the scalloped potatoes dound fab i shall have a run off them tommorow beforehand.

thanks again x

Id do something like a roast shoulder of lamb (boned and rolled) caus it will be nice and tender, and serve it on a platter in the middle of the table with a selection of vege/potatoes etc... in dishes around it with gravy and let people serve themselves that way he can help himself to what he likes without feeling weird. I always do a combo of sweet potato, parsnips and carrots roasted up with a little olive oil in one tray then do roasted tomatos and peppers and courgettes in the other with a bit of balsamic vinegar drizzled over before cooking, its yummy

mmm the roasted peppers and tomatos sound lovely...damnit i shouldnt of started this thread...im hungry now!!!
:rofl: xxx

If you cook it then yup :D
lol
mmm,
howd you mean chickpea curry?
Have you evel tried Dahl?
nom nom xxx

I've made toad in the hole and its come out really good! I will post a piccie once I get it out the oven :D

https://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/xgemma1987x/Picture025.jpg

Noom Nooom Nooom :D

That toad in the hole looks well nice!

I made a chilli for OH and i had Spag Bol - just a normal recipe, nothing exciting :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->