The Cookery Club

Hiya :wave:
Ooh sounds yummy, youll have to share your recipe :thumbup:
How about cottage pie? Or Fish pie? ALways good to reheat :D xxx

Fish pie defo a good idea thanks! OH not so keen on mince in a pie the weirdo, but he likes it in the burgers! I will dig out how to make them when I am home tonight! :flower:

you can make shepards pie with chunks of lamb coated in flour then browned in a little oil then cooked slowly off in a lamb gravy with onions and carrots ,then top with mash andwhen you want to eat it just heat in the oven

Stupid question but i am a stupid person :haha: :blush:, how did you make the fritters?! :dohh:

Piri Piri Chicken - takes 30 min, plus marinating. Serves 4
Ingredients:
  • 2 red chillies
    1 red pepper
    3 tbsp red wine vinegar
    4 tbsp olive oil
    4 boneless chicken breasts - it says skin on but I never do)
    salad leaves to serve

This is what the recipe says;

1) Halve and seed the chillies and red pepper. Chop the chillies finely and the pepper roughly. Tip into food processor and add the vinegar and oil, and season. Whizz, but leave chunky.

2) Slash the chicken breasts across the skin side and put in a shallow ovenproof dish. Pour over three-quarters of the marinade, turning the chicken to coat it. Marinate for at least 10 minutes, or overnight in the fridge if you have time. Reserve the remaining marinade.

3) Heat a griddle or heavy frying pan, add the chicken and cook for 5 - 6 mins each side, turning once. Serve on a bed of salad leaves with the reserved marinade drizzled over.

. . . . and this is how I do it!;

1) Halve and seed the chillies and red pepper. Tip them into the food processor and add the red wine vinegar and olive oil. Blend to a medium/smooth puree consistency.

2) Cut the chicken breasts into strips or chunks and marinate in the sauce, 10 mins as suggested at least.

3) Heat wok or frying pan. Add the chicken but keep some of the sauce back. It tends to 'evaporate' easily in a hot pan so keep adding a bit so that it doesn't stick to the pan. I usually add all of the sauce, I don't add any after.

Serve with accompaniment of your choice. It's good on a bed of salad leaves and with a jacket spud or potato wedges.

The fritters are really easy....
Peel the poatoes and boil as you would mash
Cook bacon, which I do in a frying pan
Then mash up the potatoes and add the bacon to it cut into small pieces then add a chopped onion. I then add a sprinkle of pepper.
Roll into four balls, then squish them down a little bit and fry with a little bit of oil.
DELICIOUS!! :D And we have ours with a bin of baked beans!! :D

So happy that I had time to make up a chicken curry this morning in the slow cooker, then I had a slice of cake and a glass of wine after dinner. Yum! :happydance:

Iv added your piri piri chicken to the OP Kte, and your fritter recipe 24/7 as i dont think it needs writing up anymore lol!
Keep em coming :D
They both look lovely...definately gonna have to give them a go!! xxx

Iv added your piri piri chicken to the OP Kte, and your fritter recipe 24/7 as i dont think it needs writing up anymore lol!Keep em coming :D
They both look lovely...definately gonna have to give them a go!! xxx
I'm on repeat. :haha:

Thanks Kris. xx

im going to do the pork for dinner tonight then tomorrow we are going to have homemade chicken nuggets with homemade wedges and steamed vege and will be eating early with Nathaniel as DH and I are going to catch a movie ( dunno which one )

Are you going with the casserole or the chops?
Well night off last night and tonight - went to the MIL's to meet her new man and for dinner yest and tonight is weekly shop night and therefor take out night :happydance::happydance:
xxxx

the chops was the plan but dh just told me lunch club at work today was a lamb cassarole so might swap tonights and tomorrows dinners around

No cooking for me tonight! Its food shopping night so im going to get lots of bits and pieces to try and cook some bits next week. And we will most prob have a take away tonight as its food shopping night.
Toad in the hole beng top of the list as OH has been moaning that he wants it for ages!

we always have swedish meatballs with instant mash on shopping night lol its so easy to make up quickly when we get home from the shops

Can I have the recipe for the nuggets please, I want to try and make my own with gf flour but don't know where to start, lol!! And the wedges, as
mine always go abit wrong!!! xx

iv done nuggets before by blending chicken and herbs, rolling into a ball, then flour egg and beadcrumb them and bungin the oven :D xxx

i just use a basic flour batter
1egg
5 tablespoons of water
5 tablespoons flour
pinch of salt, combine it all in a bowl (you can add sesame seeds about a tablesppon) and mix till its smooth, cut the chicken breast into small peices , rinse them and pat dry , add to the batter and fry off in batches in a light vege or nut oil, this does about 4 chicken breasts,

the wedges
cut poatatos in half lengtways then slice into 6-8 wedges each half you dont want the thick side too thick, seaon with salt and pepper ( you can use cayanne peeper or paprikka if you like) coat baking tray with fry light oil spray (or something similar ) lay put wegdes in rows and drizzle with a light vege or nut oil using a paper towel or pastry brush to make sure they are coated in the oil, bake at 180 degrees C for 40 min or till golden and cooked through

ok got the pork chops on to cook, dont have a deep fry pan so using a flatish bottom wok so hope it works ok and the chops dont break up lol, got plenty of stock in there lol the chops are floating in it hehehe, I dont think DH got the message to get cremefraishe for the mash though so will have to make do with whole milk and butter lol

lol ooh, exciing - someone using my very own recipe :cloud9: :haha:
Iv been replenishing the baby food stock so the blenders been working over time - knackered!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"