The Crack-Pot: Recipes for your Crockpot fix!!

LillyTame

Mom of 2 boys
Reaction score
Hello Ladies! :wave:

So this is a spot for sharing your crockpot recipes! Crockpot dishes are sooooo easy! And quite YUMMY!

Share your old favorites and experiments too!:thumbup:

*Thank you Mrs. JJ for our awesome name!

Chicken is supeeeer easy! Grab some chicken breast (I use boneless, skinned), a sauce and cook on low for 8hrs! (I spray my pot with a cooking spray, makes clean up SO easy)

My favorites:
4-5 chicken breast -

with a bottle of BBQ. (shred chicken when done and add buns!)
with a bottle of green chili sauce (add cheese and tortillas for tacos or enchiladas)
What I'm trying tonight - One jar of vodka sauce (pour over penne), I'll let you guys know how it turns out! :thumbup:

I have even done a whole chicken! I put it in with seasoning and sliced onions and bell peppers. When it was almost falling apart I transferred to a baking dish and browned it in the oven! (If I'm not mistaken I didn't add any juices...it cooks in it's own, but I will double check to be sure)

I love this idea!

Tomorrow I'm going to try chicken in Jamaican jerk sauce. I plan to throw in some pineapple toward the end and serve it with red beans and rice. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I don't really have any at the moment but Im curious about the recipes :)

Awwwww you used my name idea!! :happydance:

I need a crockpot now!! These sound sooooo delish. I've been meaning to get one for awhile actually, maybe this is just the motivation I needed!!

I will share some when I get back from vacation. Thanks for starting this, Lilly! Now we have an archive for delicious recipes.

Ok, a few pics for you guys:

I have two crockpots...an old school on and a newer one that isn't as deep. I used the newer one when I did the whole chicken.

The chicken in vodka sauce came out pretty good :thumbup: Ended up using rotini. 1st pic is the meat after I shredded it. Then meat sauce on top of noodles...then after I added another 240z jar of sauce and mixed everything together (I like more sauce than meat!). Next time, I think 4 chicken breast would work fine, no other changes!

Attachments

• IMG_20130528_161830_886 (329x640).jpg
    IMG_20130528_161830_886 (329x640).jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20130528_161904_692 (340x640).jpg
    IMG_20130528_161904_692 (340x640).jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20130528_161844_398 (289x640).jpg
    IMG_20130528_161844_398 (289x640).jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20130528_184430_891 (360x640).jpg
    IMG_20130528_184430_891 (360x640).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20130528_190230_689 (325x640).jpg
    IMG_20130528_190230_689 (325x640).jpg
    23 KB · Views: 7
So the Jamaican jerk chicken was kind of a failure. I tasted the sauce before I added the chicken, and it was pretty spicy but tasty. However, cooking it all day released the heat (to say the least). It was so spicy I got heartburn after one bite.

Next time, I'll try mixing half jerk sauce and half something sweeter/milder to tone it down. :shrug:

I was wondering how that worked out. I'm not big on too spicey either...I prefer to taste my food and not just swallow it trying to bypass the hot lol. I wonder what you could use to cool it down :shrug:

We just finished off the vodka sauce chicken today....looking for my next meal :thumbup:

So, I'm super lazy with cooking. I want it to taste delicious with as little effort as possible (except deserts, I am willing to work for sugar).

I just made this tonight.

You need:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
⅔ cup of Old El Paso original taco seasoning (I get it in a can, not packets)
2 cups of water, or enough to cover your chicken breasts. You might have to add more later.
Tortillas and fillings of your choice.

Put your water in the slow cooker, then your seasoning, then stir with a fork. Then put your chicken breasts in. Cook on high for approximately 6 hours. Shred the chicken with a fork about 4 hours in.

Put on your tortilla with whatever else you like, and done! SOOOOO good and SOOOOO easy, because I'm SOOOOO lazy.

https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/chicken_zps34f47c9e.jpg

That sounds yummy, Ginger :thumbup: I'll have to give it a try.

Today is a pinterest type day lol...here are some ideas I've found for us to try!

This 1st one is a Slow cooker/oven mix...I like strictly slow cooker recipes...cause I'm lazy lol that's the whole point! lol But these looked pretty good!

Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
Ingredients

4 pounds pork baby back ribs
salt and pepper
garlic powder, onion powder (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
For the Sauce:
2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dried oregano
(optional) 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke (if you like a smokey flavor)
(optional) dash hot sauce (my bbq sauce was spicy enough already)
Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place ribs in a shallow baking dish and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn over and bake for 15 more minutes. Drain fat.
In a medium bowl combine BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, oregano, and liquid smoke and hot sauce if desired.
Place ribs in a large slow cooker (at least 6 quart). I curled mine around but you can cut them in half if you need to. Pour sauce on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
If you want to carmelize your bbq sauce put them back in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Totally your preference though.

https://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/736x/6c/85/a5/6c85a5c24ccc1964cc5116975a185f05.jpg

HOT SPINACH SALSA QUESO DIP

10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 lb Velveeta cheese (2% fat--this is the reduced fat version)
8 ounces cream cheese (light)
1 jar salsa (I used 3/4 full jar of a 16 ounce jar)
A handful of chopped cilantro (optional-but good)

Place all ingredients in a crockpot and heat until cheese has melted (continuing to stir the mixture to combine ingredients). It should take somewhere around an hour to have the cheeses melt (but check as crockpots vary). This particular method is great if you can leave it on the low setting--then your dip will stay warm for a while. But I bet it won't last!

Serve warm with tortilla chips, 4-6 people.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1rt43Cmgmys/TKUBr4AcN0I/AAAAAAAABYc/giBWipg8gQI/s640/dip+008.JPG

Ingredients

2 1/2 to 3 pound boneless pork loin roast
4 whole cloves
1/2 to 1 whole orange, cut into 8 wedges
1 8-oz. can crushed pineapple, packed in its own juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

Place pork roast and cloves in slow cooker. Arrange orange wedges around pork. (If cooking in 4 to 5 hours, use the whole orange. If cooking in 8 hours, use only half of the orange.) In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over pork.

Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours (or low for 8 hours) the internal temperature on a thermometer should reach 160 degrees F. If desired, juices may be thickened by mixing together 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water, then stirring it into the pineapple mixture during the last 30 minutes.

Remove orange peel.

Number of Servings: 6

Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Roast

Slow Cooker Pork Roast or Chops

Slow Cooker Pork Loin with Creamy Sauce

Ingredients
1 – 49 oz can of Campbell’s chicken broth
1 – 26 oz can of Campbell’s cream of chicken
4 large carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 small onion, diced
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
5 cups dried egg noodles
½ teaspoon ground poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
salt and pepper

Instructions
Place all ingredients in a 6 qt slow cooker, stir and cook on low for 6 hours.

Soooo good,I love crockpot meals!! Will be posting some soon!!

I'm getting hungry! It's almost midnight though.

I promise to post some delicious recipes when I get home. I may have to do gluten-free though. I'm getting tested for Celiac disease the day after I get back from vacation. I am seriously thinking I have it :(

We should all definitely post pics along with the recipe when we have a successful crack-pot dish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->