The Crack-Pot: Recipes for your Crockpot fix!!

Or even an unsuccessful dish! I kind of "what NOT to do" lol

I'm making the super lazy chicken burritos tonight (they're simmering in the crock pot right now, yum). I'll try to remember to take a picture.

https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/chicken_zps34f47c9e.jpg

I'll go back and post it on the recipe, too. It smells soooooooo goooooooood.

I didn't have the patience to actually make burritos with it. I'm shoveling it into my face off the plate covered in cheese. Hatchling wanted cheese. :haha:

brb, ran out of cheese

:rofl: yea the fav saying in our house is "Mmmmmm, CHEEEESE!" (it's from a Dorito's commercial lol) And I don't have a hatchling to blame it on :dohh:

Omg I love cheese! I REALLY need to go get a crockpot! I love how the smell always fills the house and smells so good!

Secretly, I have always loved cheese. Hatchling is my scapegoat! But periodically I have really bad cravings for cheese. One time one hit while DH was on a work trip, and I called the local pizza place and ordered a pizza. I said "I want double cheese. Triple cheese. Put as much cheese as you can ethically put on one pizza. Charge me whatever you have to. I need excessive amounts of cheese."

The person was like, "...uh... okay... extra cheese..."

Apparently I should go into comedy. :haha: A pregnant comedian would be kinda hilarious in and of itself.

You should, you're hilarious! Also, I can totally relate to cheese cravings, I actually am having one now! :haha:

Ok, so I have some chicken breast that were frozen solid! That I forgot to take out for today. I was thinking I could just throw them in the crockpot since it will be on low and let it thaw/cook that way since once thawed they only really take 20min to cook anyway....I just wouldnt have the slow marinate. But I wussed out and didn't do that this morning. But I did take the breast out to start dethawing....

do you think if I put them in the pot thawed or half thawed at noon they'll be edible by 4-5pm? Should I put them on high or low?

Last week l, I put four frozen-solid chicken breasts in the crock-pot at 11am on high. They were done at 4:30. They were smaller chicken breasts, but I think you'll be fine!

:thumbup: Awesome! I will give it a try because I really had my mouth set on that green chili chicken! :haha:

Let us know how it turns out! I'm excited for our chat tonight!

Me too! :happydance:

I have a feeling we are going to wish we could really share dishes! lol

It's gonna be 10pm... but that's better than 11, so I'm glad the time went up an hour! Hopefully Hatchling doesn't try to put me in a coma. :haha:

I've honestly lost count on what time it will be for me :dohh: I just figure you guys will be started by the time I get home.

Ok, I gotta run! Gotta go put that chicken on!

Hope you don't mind me joing you ladies but love crockpot meals! So handy while being out at work! Tonight we had meatballs, the ones you buy fresh from the supermarket are better as they keep their shape when cooking, I literally throw them in with a jar of bolognese sauce and cook for as long as I need to on low, 6-8hrs! Served with pasta and garlic bread it's so easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->