The Crack-Pot: Recipes for your Crockpot fix!!

Hope you don't mind me joing you ladies but love crockpot meals! So handy while being out at work! Tonight we had meatballs, the ones you buy fresh from the supermarket are better as they keep their shape when cooking, I literally throw them in with a jar of bolognese sauce and cook for as long as I need to on low, 6-8hrs! Served with pasta and garlic bread it's so easy!

Ooh, this sounds really good! I will have to give it a try! Thanks for giving the thread a little bump :thumbup:...I was JUST trying to think of something new to try...we did both green chile chicken and vodka sauce the week before last.

Tonight I'm trying nacho chicken, 4 chicken breasts in the pot with a Mexican pour over sauce or pot of salsa, cook for 6-8 hrs on low sprinkle on some nachos/tortilla chips and cheese and grill for 10mins to melt the cheese and warm the nachos!
Will let you know how it goes!

Oh that sounds yummy! Let us know how it works out. I think I will try with chips on the side so they don't get soggy.

Found something new at the store (for me anyway) thought I would share.

They are bottled sauces for the slow cooker! I saw a cacciatore and a pot roast. We are going to try the pot roast later this week! :thumbup:

The bottles are kind of small though. I remember it called for only 1.25lbs of meat...so we grabbed two bottles for about 2/$7. These are Safeway brand...which is basically Vons in Cali. I don't know about anywhere else.

Attachments

• sauce.JPG
    sauce.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
So we tried the pot roast sauce and it wasn't too bad.

I did season my meat the night before and then cooked in sauce on low for 8 hrs. I feel like the inside of the meat was a little dry and not seasoned well...how do you get the flavor INSIDE the beef? :shrug:

Did you town the meat first? I find that helps with pot roast. I probably over-baby my roasts, though - I'm afraid of dry meat so I constantly mess with the roast in the crock pot. Sort of defeats the purpose... :haha:

lol...oh. No, cooked in crook pot the whole time.

Yeah, I always brown the outside of my roast in a pan before putting it in the crock pot. It sears the outside, and locks all the juices inside the meat. As for getting flavor inside the meat, I guess you could get one of those turkey injectors, and squirt some of your sauce inside.

... Phrasing.

lmao...sounds a lil something like TTC and apparently we aint been doing that right either :dohh: :rofl:

I will try searing the meat next time....marinating over night, then searing. :thumbup:

With the cooler weather approaching here for Fall, one of my favourite crockpot recipes is chili! It's a cost effective meal, it's easy to make and you can use up whatever veggies you have kicking around the house! It also freezes really well, and let's face it, it's delicious! :haha:

Check out my chilli recipe here.

Ooh, I'm excited to share more crackpot recipes now that the weather is getting cooler!

Hey Lil, I was just thinkin'...with all of the other crazy strategies (and folk methods) us TTC gals use to try to get our BFPs, we should come up with the most delicious crackpot recipe ever and find a group of gals who are willing to cook and eat it once a week to see if it helps them get their BFP. :haha: Like a crockpot SMEP plan.

Hmmmm....so I'm thinking there are two ways we could do it....A. come up with a dish as a group and try a different recipe each cycle.....or B. Each person comes up with their own dish to make during their fertile week then who ever gets a BFP that cycle their dish is the signature dish everyone has to try the next cycle :rofl:

:rofl: I vote B! I think it would be fun! I don't really want to eat the same meal all week, but maybe we eat it on the days when we have positive or near positive OPKs (except that would mean I would have to be 'trying'). Maybe the two days you either have OPK evidence, temp evidence, or the most fertile looking CM (I can't ignore the CM even if NTNP).

Hmmmm....so I'm thinking there are two ways we could do it....A. come up with a dish as a group and try a different recipe each cycle.....or B. Each person comes up with their own dish to make during their fertile week then who ever gets a BFP that cycle their dish is the signature dish everyone has to try the next cycle :rofl:

Right, so whenever you think it's your fertile week going by whatever signs you use. Hmmmm, I have to come up with a recipe, next week will be my fertile week! :-k I'll announce our little game over in my journal and see if anyone wants to join us :thumbup:

I will come up with a recipe in the next week. I probably won't have a fertile week for a while yet.

I think I'm gonna give sweet potatoes a shot next week! :thumbup: I'm hoping next week will start my fertile period. I know sugar is supposed to be bad, so I'll cut that and the butter a little bit, hopefully the potatoes will be sweet.

6 sweet potatoes, peeled
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup pecan pieces

Directions:
Cut potatoes into one inch chunks and place in crockpot. Combine brown sugar, first measure of butter, cinnamon, and apple sauce in small bowl; blend and pour over potatoes. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours until potatoes are tender.

When ready to serve, melt remaining butter in small skillet; add pecan pieces. Cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes and serve.

Sounds yum! I just ate sweet potatoes with dinner but they were in a savory form.

Those sweet potatoes sound uuuuuh-mazing! Bet you could use honey instead of sugar if so inclined (I don't cook with sugar). It's totally time I get a crock-pot, the weather is cooling off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->