The Crazy Baby thread (for sapphire1)

Farie

Reaction score
So sapphire1 and I decided, Holly and Nim are separated twins :rofl:

In light of that this is a new thread, for all the ladies with slightly mad, batty weird but still awesome babies

Examples of weirdness

Allergic to EVERYTHNG :dohh:
Only drinks during the night (Yup, thats Nim's new one)
Only eats solids lying down and holding her own spoon
Only drinks while being bounced/listening to white noise/in the dark
Still swaddled at 6 months and showing no signs of giving that up!

Basically they are high needs/fussy babies, who we love and cherish; not in light of their quirks, but because of them :cloud9: but very occasionally we think 'what I'd give for one of those nice easy babies you read about' :haha:

Weirdness:
- Purposely leans so she is upside down
- Wont sleep unless she has a leg through a bar in the cot... which we then move once shes asleep
- Wont eat unless shes in her doughnut so she can throw herself upside down after :dohh:

Im sure theres plenty more! :flower:

rubs food in his hair as a sign that he's finished his meal. If he doesn't want to do something he rubs his eyes and pretends he's too tired (don't know where he gets that from ;) ). He slaps the top of his head repeatedly when falling asleep. He lifts his legs up and stretches them whilst feeding. He has been known to fall asleep with his arm in the air. My son is a weirdo.

rubs food in his hair as a sign that he's finished his meal. If he doesn't want to do something he rubs his eyes and pretends he's too tired (don't know where he gets that from ;) ). He slaps the top of his head repeatedly when falling asleep. He lifts his legs up and stretches them whilst feeding. He has been known to fall asleep with his arm in the air. My son is a weirdo.

Fin does the "I'm Tired" dance whenever he's got a cob on too! He has hysterics when anyone coughs or sneezes...he's gonna love winter when everyone's full of a cold :shrug:

Haha, love it Farie! A thread in honour of the crazy twins!

Here's some of Holly's weirdo habits...

Has decided she will only drink laying down flat with her legs hooked round my arm. If I attempt to feed her any other way she screams as if I'm hurting her :wacko:

Hangs upside down like a fruitbat, sucking her thumb. She especially loves to do this straight after eating

Will only go to sleep half suffocating herself with a blanket, or with her toy doggy splayed across her face (which looks very wrong) :haha:

Has outbursts of extreme anger for no apparent reason. She'll be playing quite happily, then starts yelling at her toys like a loony

She lurves being the centre of attention when out in public, if nobody's taking any notice of her she chatters away really loudly to get their attention, if that doesn't work she shouts at them. Once they notice her she beams at them and starts showing off

I was at a baby first aid course the other week and she wouldn't shut up. She was wanting to do that thing where you pat their mouth and it sounds like a red indian call. In the end I had to relent as she was getting louder and louder, everyone wet themselves laughing but it was quite embarassing :blush:

I have thousands of photos of her, but she always looks like a loony in them. Examples below...

She has loads of other random quirks too. I'm secretly proud that she's a bit barmy because everyone remembers her, but it would be nice to know what it's like to have a normal child :rofl:

Attachments

• crazy3.jpg
    crazy3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 6
  • crazy2.jpg
    crazy2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 8
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 7
My lo has random temper tantrums too! Starts screeching and yanking her clothes for no apparent reason. Also the chattering away in public to get people's attention, then when they look she tilts herself upside down and smiles!

I am sorry but this made me laugh out loud :rofl: Bless him xxx

Love this thread for our high-needs wonders! :thumbup:

A few of my little man's quirks:

- He will only drink lying in his cot with my left hand next to the right side of his face. If he stops drinking and starts fussing I have to (gently) rub his eyes for him.
- He doesn't want me to hang around while he falls asleep. Any patting/shushing/music or even my presence and he starts yelling until I leave.
- He licks my face like an excited puppy and sucks my chin every time I put on face cream. :haha:
- He likes to hit himself in the head with his toys repeatedly and cries loudly if you try stop him. I've taken to hiding all his hard/heavy toys! :dohh:
- He keeps making this weird noise like he's clearing his throat but it comes from behind his nose. :shrug:
- He loves sneezes and the word "poo". :wacko:

The only way I can get Jacob to sleep during the day is if I Hold him upright against me and rub his bum while he sucks on my shoulder. My beautiful little wierdo!

Love this thread Girls :flower:

Isnt it fantastic that our babies are already so origional :cloud9: Love 'em

My Daughters reflux means that she would rather have her milk sat in her bouncy chair than in my arms ~ Its a shame, but we have snuggle huggles at other times :hugs:

- He will only drink lying in his cot with my left hand next to the right side of his face. If he stops drinking and starts fussing I have to (gently) rub his eyes for him.
- He doesn't want me to hang around while he falls asleep. Any patting/shushing/music or even my presence and he starts yelling until I leave.
- He licks my face like an excited puppy and sucks my chin every time I put on face cream. :haha:
- He likes to hit himself in the head with his toys repeatedly and cries loudly if you try stop him. I've taken to hiding all his hard/heavy toys! :dohh:
- He keeps making this weird noise like he's clearing his throat but it comes from behind his nose. :shrug:

Stewart sounds like the perfect suitor for Holly, I love the face licking :rofl: Hollster likes to snog people - if your mouth gets too near her mouth, she pokes her tongue in :haha:

My Daughters reflux means that she would rather have her milk sat in her bouncy chair than in my arms ~ Its a shame, but we have snuggle huggles at other times :hugs:

Interesting how many of the crazy babies have/had reflux - maybe that's what made them crazy?!

Stewart sounds like the perfect suitor for Holly, I love the face licking :rofl: Hollster likes to snog people - if your mouth gets too near her mouth, she pokes her tongue in :haha:

Ava-Mae always goes for the snog too! I always go yum yum yum on her cheeks and everytime she turns her head and I end up yum yum yumming her open mouth!!

Her favourite pass time however is to lick her hands and smear it all around her face. Oh and she likes to stick all her fingers in her mouth and cough and gag.

xx

:rofl: at Stewart and Holly, Nim licks too, like a puppy, it's really random!
Kelly, Nim will feed and cuddle a night but not during the day, she feeds best in her bug with me stood well away :dohh:

She also likes smooshing her blankie onto her face to sleep - right over her whole head!
Currently shes having a nap regression and won't be put down, literally screams inconsolably while still semi asleep. Only me holding her facing left, seaddlwwd woth the blanket up over her head, on her side, head tucked down and in, bum raised and patted 'vigorously' works :dohh: change anything and she won't sleep.

Ava-Mae always goes for the snog too! I always go yum yum yum on her cheeks and everytime she turns her head and I end up yum yum yumming her open mouth!!

Her favourite pass time however is to lick her hands and smear it all around her face. Oh and she likes to stick all her fingers in her mouth and cough and gag.

xx

Mmm, yum yum! I thought you'd come to kill this thread too Blondey, but Farie saved ya :rofl:

:rofl: at Stewart and Holly, Nim licks too, like a puppy, it's really random!
Kelly, Nim will feed and cuddle a night but not during the day, she feeds best in her bug with me stood well away :dohh:

She also likes smooshing her blankie onto her face to sleep - right over her whole head!
Currently shes having a nap regression and won't be put down, literally screams inconsolably while still semi asleep. Only me holding her facing left, seaddlwwd woth the blanket up over her head, on her side, head tucked down and in, bum raised and patted 'vigorously' works :dohh: change anything and she won't sleep.

Hehe, bless little Nim!

Interesting how many of the crazy babies have/had reflux - maybe that's what made them crazy?!

I think you may be onto something there! :haha:

Oh and she likes to stick all her fingers in her mouth and cough and gag.

xx

:rofl: Laughing at just imaging that ~ Bless her cottons :hugs: You must record that to show her when she is older! :haha:

maybe this post will kill it... :haha:

although as there is no intent technically i'm not murdering the threads, just a bit of manslaughter...

It's a shame there's no one on here that i don't like, i could make getting replies to their threads really difficult for them!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->