The Crazy Baby thread (for sapphire1)

my wee woman also has acid reflux and has so many wierd things i dont know where to start! ive had a hard week and i will hold my hands in the air and drop my head in shame as i admit i have wished almost every minute of every day this week that i had an 'easy' baby!

some of her 'things' are

*will only go to bed for me
*until a few weeks ago had to be swaddled at bed time and every nap time, thankfully we've passed that stage
*only take her bottle sitting in a chair,
*wont let anyone hold her only a selected few people, me, my DH and one set of grandparents
*wont stay with anyone and will scream and cry until i return.....so i never ever leave her, and im back to work in a few months :wacko:
*never took her bottles well, a few ounces then a screaming fit
*wont stay contented for any length of time, so i spend my whole day trying to entertain her.

this all sounds very negative but like i say ive had a very tough week with her, and im so tired and drained....i do hope it gets easier......

but i love her with all my heart, shes my world!

my wee woman also has acid reflux and has so many wierd things i dont know where to start! ive had a hard week and i will hold my hands in the air and drop my head in shame as i admit i have wished almost every minute of every day this week that i had an 'easy' baby!

some of her 'things' are

*will only go to bed for me
*until a few weeks ago had to be swaddled at bed time and every nap time, thankfully we've passed that stage
*only take her bottle sitting in a chair,
*wont let anyone hold her only a selected few people, me, my DH and one set of grandparents
*wont stay with anyone and will scream and cry until i return.....so i never ever leave her, and im back to work in a few months :wacko:
*never took her bottles well, a few ounces then a screaming fit
*wont stay contented for any length of time, so i spend my whole day trying to entertain her.

this all sounds very negative but like i say ive had a very tough week with her, and im so tired and drained....i do hope it gets easier......

but i love her with all my heart, shes my world!

:hugs: Sorry you've had a tough week hun, hope next week is better. We've all been there x x :hugs:

Another reflux baby here!

- Jack will only fall asleep if I hold him so he can lick my left shoulder and swing my hips clockwise in a figure 8
- when on his stomach will nosedive and lick the floor
- smiles and kicks uncontrollably at the word "wormies"
- if trying to get him off to sleep sitting down I have to hold him so tight I'm concerned I'm hurting him but he just won't have it any other way, this is only good for 10 minute maps as he wakes up as soon as I loosen my grip
- when having his bottle he holds onto my hand and digs his nails in as hard as he can
- has recently taken to sticking a finger down his throat and coughing nd sputtering then doing it again
- when giving him his bottle, he will thrash his head from side to side and you have pin him down to get the teat in

Oh my goodness, I thought it was only Jessica that did crazy things! lol!

- Will only have her dummy during the daytime after I have given her her blanket. If I try to put a dummy in before giving said blanket she has a complete meltdown
- As soon as I give her said blanket, she promptly pulls it over her head and waves her arms around underneath it like a Scooby-Doo ghost! (This happens during every nap time, three times a day!)
- Sleeps at a 45 degree angle across her cot
- Wakes in the middle of the night to cling onto the bars of the cot to try and roll over...she then wonders why she gets stuck!
- If she's crying because she's hungry, she will only settle down if I take her into the kitchen...if I then go back into the lounge to sit down she gets hysterical!

Aw, I love all these crazy babies - they're making me chuckle :kiss:

Eamon makes his mouth into an O shape and curls his top lip under his gum and stares at you and if you do it back he laughs hysterically... weird child...

Wow, so many crazy (and reflux!) babies!

It seems our lovely LO's use a case of the crazies to deal with the issues.

Nims new ones ........
suddenly discovered a love of the 'upside down' (I blame Holly!)
likes to be sung 'old mcdonald' while drinking and to eat with white noise on
refuses to settle while I'm sitting down, god no, mummy has to be walking about like a loon

Bless :dohh:

Wow, so many crazy (and reflux!) babies!

It seems our lovely LO's use a case of the crazies to deal with the issues.

Nims new ones ........
suddenly discovered a love of the 'upside down' (I blame Holly!)
likes to be sung 'old mcdonald' while drinking and to eat with white noise on
refuses to settle while I'm sitting down, god no, mummy has to be walking about like a loon

Bless :dohh:

Jack started doing this last night. Only problem being he was hanging onto my top with both hands so when i put him down had to remove top so he could have it and not wake up!

LOL :lol: Nim loves my tops at the mo, and is obsessed with my boobs, god knows why as there's been no milk coming from there since 9 weeks! She grabs my tops and pulls them down ... in public :rofl:

LOL :lol: Nim loves my tops at the mo, and is obsessed with my boobs, god knows why as there's been no milk coming from there since 9 weeks! She grabs my tops and pulls them down ... in public :rofl:

Holly does that too. She did it at baby clinic and I didn't notice, she was showing my entire bra to the world :dohh: She did it to my friend too at a mum and baby group - she was mortified bless her :rofl:

Did you see my badgers Farie? :haha:

Awesome badgers :thumbup:

Speedy badger
https://test.mazurka.co.uk/graphics/cms/badger.jpg

:haha: LOVE this thread!

I also have made a little weirdo,
-he has a foot fetish!! Not his own, mine or his Daddy's
-He likes to bash things against his head, and smiles like an insane baby whilst going it!
-if we shut the door to the lounge, this is not ok, he HAS to open it..
-then he hides behind the door shouting (ill get a picture)
-if theres something on his highchair he doesnt like, he has to remove every last bit of it so he can carry on eating the other stuff!

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253664_10150625429070515_654925514_19041259_6462240_n.jpg
he does this so often, just lies there shouting!
theres many more, my baby is a weirdo!

Oh me me me, I want to join!!!!!!!!!

Macy has reflux too, I definately see a pattern here!!!

She's outgrowing some of her weirdness now but here's some of of her freaky stuff -

- Only feeding while being walked around and bounced (not rocked!) in my arms with music AND white noise playing
- Laughing histerically at anyone sneezing
- Only eating canned baby food, anything home made and she won't even open her mouth
- Never napping - I literally spend all day trying to get her to have a nap as she's so tired!
- Fake coughing, getting louder and louder until someone notices. If you cough back she has to do it better and louder.
- Up until a month ago no-one else was allowed to look at her without her screaming and if anyone else tried to pick her up or go close to her she'd have a complete meltdown. Now she has decided she likes everyone else EXCEPT mummy and will throw a hissy fit if she has to come back to me!
- Getting super hyper when tired, screaming, yelling, jumping - anything to stop her getting drowsy!!

xx

Oh I forgot the way she slept when she was younger -

Swaddled, lying on side in swing at full speed, dummy with slumber bear against it to stop it falling out, slumber bear playing loudly and TV on loudly too. We used to pick channels where there were no adverts or she'd wake up!!!!! xx

Aw, we've been booted out of baby club. I can't believe how many of these babies have reflux. Spooky!

I dont get why it's been moved :shrug: it was just saying all the odd things our babies do, so you'd think baby club was a perfect place for it...:S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->