*~*~* The Decemberists! *~*~*

Lol, hey a sale is a sale! That's great to feel confident and buying or not doesn't change anything, so people who worry about 'jinxing' are being silly. We haven't bought anything yet but it's more because we haven't really been in a situation where we wanted to!

I think if we see the bean Tues and all is well and healthy I will make a couple purchased soon! I'm SO exited to!

Im hoping I can get an ultra sound when I go in for my 10 week appointment. My friend was telling me that they wont. She said that we could more than likely only get one. I have no idea where to look to see if my insurance will cover it or not.

Hmmm, we only get offered two here. A dating one in first Tri and then an anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks.

Maybe if you say you aren't sure of your dates? I actually refused that one but my midwife is giving me an unofficial peek because I want to hear the heartbeat so badly! I don't think most places would do that though...

Morning Lovely ladies!

Hope you all had a good weekend!!

Seaweed - That's so cute you're feeling baby lots! Part of me is now thinking I must have imagined what I felt on Friday night! Hoping to feel something again soon!! Fantastic news on the test results :thumbup: How was the rest of your holiday, has the sunburn calmed down?

Gaiagirl - Glad you felt better and had a nice walk! Are you not having any screening tests out of personal choice or it's just not offered where you are?

Hanyou - Ohh exciting!! What travel system did you buy?

DH and I went to a baby store and played I mean tried out lots of prams and car seats :haha: lots of fun! I didn't think my car had Isofix points but found out it did so we are probably going to go for this car seat https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxi-Cosi-...TF8&coliid=I3F3I6308QBRB9&colid=1WRRJE85S9YNB

In terms of prams I like the Baby Style Oyster but want to test out the iCandy! We saw a Bugaboo and really not sure what all the fuss is about!! :shrug:

Have a great day!

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-S...CU/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1333375468&sr=8-10

We got that one. Its a safety 1st saunter travel system. It is that color I believe. We tried to get one that was pretty unisex. It was really nice when we played with it and it was on sale for $130 here.

Feeling pretty sick today. I keep feeling like I want to vomit. I need to try to eat something before I go to work, but I really just dont want to eat at all. This is the one part of pregnancy I knew I would have a hard time with was the nausea. I can't stand feeling nauseous.

Happy Monday (yah right, lol),

Ugh teaching and morning sickness do NOT go hand in hand! At least this weekend is 4 days!

All I can think about is seeing baby tomorrow, I am so freaking nervous!!!

They offer a blood test at 11 and 15 weeks and use the two results for genetic screening but we are declining. We have no risk factors and I just really dont think it is helpful to know. I wouldn't do an amniocentesis and I wouldn't terminate (especially considering you don't know until 20 weeks). I get the preparing yourself thing but the risk of false positives is high and I can't imagine being stressed and miserable for the remainder of the pregnancy...anyways, I am not worried I think our baby is going to be perfect (haha, doesn't every parent?)!

:hugs: I understand that, gaiagirl, and I know other couples who have declined testing for the same reasons. I think if you know that to you personally it isn't worth the value, then it's great not to put yourself through the worry.

Thanks smawfl, the sunburn has definitely calmed down but now it's just itchy. Between that and pregnancy-related itches I kind of feel like scratching my entire skin off :wacko: trying to keep it under control with moisturizers and vitamin oil!

Definitely, and also I should have mentioned that MOST people I know here do not do the testing. It might just be a difference in how they present the options here? I don't know, but most of my friends have declined as well...

Glad you arent too burnt! I was going to say, when I was on birth control pills I burnt like nobody's business. It's the hormones, as soon as I came off the pill I was fine and back to my pre-pill tanning. It was bizarre though, I remember one summer day I was at the beach with friends and applied and reapplied more than anyone else...but at the end of the day I was a LOBSTER and no one else was even pink!

Hanyou - what a great buy :thumbup:

Gaiagirl - good luck for today, so excited for you!! Make sure you post a piccie!!

Seaweed - Glad the sunburn has calmed down!

I know what you mean about the itchiness.. belly and boobs are constantly itchy!! I'm surprised I haven't scratched them raw!

Can't wait to see how it goes Gaia :) I hope you get a picture!

Gaiagirl - good luck for today :thumbup: I'm looking forward to hearing about it later, although I might have to wait until tomorrow due to the stupid time difference!

I haven't bought a thing for LO yet. We haven't really been shopping for baby things yet so I haven't been tempted so far! Think I'm going to wait until we know the sex before I make any purchases. Not that I'm going to go completely pink/blue, but I'd still like to have a better idea of LO before I choose anything. MIL bought an all in one suit (romper suit? This is how clueless I am when it comes to baby things!!) because it was in the M&S sale. It's plain white. I've yet to see it as she doesn't live near. They're coming over on Sunday so she might bring it then... I think I'm going to like having it to look at :blush:

Is anyone in the UK planning on going to or have previously been to the Baby Show? There's one on fairly near me in May and I'd quite like to go. You do have to pay to get in though so hopefully discounts and show deals would make up for having to pay to see the stuff. I'm going to ask my mum and sister if they want to go as DH will be in AUSTRALIA then!! He's going for 2 weeks with work. I've said it's ok as it's a great opportunity for him but it's not going to be nice for me!

I've felt a few more movements today and yesterday :happydance: And my tummy feels as if it's really getting streched at the moment. Which I know is only going to get worse :wacko: But sometimes it honestly feels like I can't stand up straight because my tummy's too tight.

Hope everyone's having a good day :flower:

Thanks ladies, it was surprisingly hard to find a photo of a turtle AND some actual seaweed that didn't just look weird :haha:

I finally acknowledged my pregnancy on facebook! It's been nagging at me for a while so I'm glad I finally did it. :lol: I posted this link https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18796-bumpology-active-fetus-boisterous-child-uhoh.html with the caption, "(DH), we may be in for trouble :)" Pretty subtle, but people are slowly catching on!

BTW I'm now totally sure that what I've been feeling is baby...if you're not sure, try poking at your uterus when you feel something! Baby kicked back :cloud9: I don't think gas would do that!

Hi Ladies! Heard the heartbeat (a perfect 160 BMP) and saw the little olive/prune! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Unfortunately didn't get a pic, as it was just an informal scan by my midwife and her machine doesnt have the best resolution or a printer. We saw the baby very briefly and not very clearly, but it was definitely in there!

I am surprised by how not 100% relieved I am. I mean, I am relieved and happy and excited, but I STILL cant shake the worry. Jeez.

So glad you guys are starting to feel the LO...maybe in 8 weeks that will give me some relief too!

Thats the think I am looking forward to the most is feeling little bean move :blush:

That's awesome gaiagirl!!!! :happydance: :happydance: I kind of know what you mean, every time I've heard the heartbeat or had a scan (or felt movement even!), I've thought, "Ok, so baby is all right FOR NOW." Sure, it doesn't mean you will 100% for sure be holding a healthy child in another 31 weeks. But it does mean your odds are really very good, and a lot better than you knew before you got this info. :hugs:

Did they measure you? I assume since you didn't mention anything your EDD is not changing?

No, it was really just an informal scan by my midwife (not an ultrasound tech). I'm pretty confident in my O date though so I'm sure the ticker is close!

Gaia - so happy to hear the scan went well :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->