*~*~* The Decemberists! *~*~*

I had some pinkish spotting today when I used the restroom with a little tiny bit of red in it. I am now under orders to rest and monitor myself. I hope everything is okay...

Gaia - so happy to hear the scan went well :hugs: You're lucky to have such an accomodating midwife, she sounds really nice. Not many people get a scan at such an early stage, so try and take all the positives you can from the experience! And with every day that goes past you should feel less and less worried, at least that's what happened with me :thumbup:

Seaweed - I like your subtle facebook announcement. So much better than the standard scan photo announcement (although it does always make me very excited when someone puts their scan photo up!) I've still not made it public on my fb.

Tried poking tummy when I thought I felt baby move this evening but no response! Stop ignoring me baby! I refuse to believe it is just gas :dohh:

I had some pinkish spotting today when I used the restroom with a little tiny bit of red in it. I am now under orders to rest and monitor myself. I hope everything is okay...

I hope so too!!!!!! Take it easy and keep us updated!

Sorry about the double post - on phone so not easy!

Han - spotting in very early pregnancy is normal so try not to worry. Make sure you follow orders to rest up! Sending lots of sticky dust to you and your little bean :hugs:

Thanks Ladies. Im trying not to get too worked up about it. I am just so happy at the moment that part of my expects something to come around the corner and crush my happiness. :wacko: I think I am going to have to talk to my boss. I think that some of my work is just too much stress on me at this time.

So pleased all went well Gaiagirl. I think realistically we're in for a lifetime of worry now... Remainder of pregnancy, when they're babies/toddlers, going to school, college, Uni, out with friends, crossing the road... Loooool! Seriously though - try and enjoy this amazing experience (easier said I know) x

Hanyou - very very common so try not to worry too much. Lots of sticky dust your way. Definitely speak to your boss and reduce/alter your work load where possible x

I spoke to, well rather we text messaged, my boss. She was quite understanding and was willing to pull me from cheese shredding duty.
While laying here resting I was thinking about yesterday. I think I may have over did it on some lifting yesterday. I didnt think about it when I called the doctor... If I have to call back I will mention it.

On a good note, I am almost done making an afghan I am crocheting for the bean :) I have been working on it for a long time, even before I fell pregnant. I have been crocheting blankets to put into baby storage for a while now. When its all done, I think i'll post a picture of it. Im pretty proud of it so far :thumbup:

That's awesome about the blanket! I'm trying to learn to knit and I REALLY want to knit a blanket for the baby. I'm thinking of doing a bright rainbow colored one, since I won't know the sex! Exciting!

Sounds like you are doing all the right things, HM. :hugs: Will be thinking of you, please keep us posted.

Morning All

Pussycat - I'm thinking of going to the Baby Show!! It's on over a whole weekend isn't it? I havent got tickets yet but love things like that! Exciting about your movments!!
Also love your new pic too :thumbup:

Seaweed - love the FB announcement!! :thumbup: LOL yep gas definitely won't poke back!!

Gaiagirl - so exciting you got to hear the heardbeat and see baby!! Such an amazing feeling isn't it.

Hanyou - :hugs: Hope the spotting has cleared up. Did you have any cramping too? I had spotting at 10 weeks and all was ok. I was really surprised but it's so common in pregnancy so try not to worry. Glad you told your boss too and she was understanding. Definitely post your picture of your handiwork! I started crocheting a while back with the intention of making a blanket.. so far all I've got is a blanket the size for a mouse! LOL

Have a great day all! x

Pussycat - I'm thinking of going to the Baby Show!! It's on over a whole weekend isn't it? I havent got tickets yet but love things like that! Exciting about your movments!!

Yep, it's on 18th-20th May. Have you seen the post from the Baby Show lady on one of the other pregnancy boards? If you book early and then email them your booking number they'll send you a free gift. All the details are in their blog: https://www.thebabyshow.co.uk/blog/early-bird-catches-baby-show-birmingham-tickets

Yep, it's on 18th-20th May. Have you seen the post from the Baby Show lady on one of the other pregnancy boards? If you book early and then email them your booking number they'll send you a free gift. All the details are in their blog: https://www.thebabyshow.co.uk/blog/early-bird-catches-baby-show-birmingham-tickets

Oooh thank you.. off to have a look!!

Hanyou - :hugs: Hope the spotting has cleared up. Did you have any cramping too? I had spotting at 10 weeks and all was ok. I was really surprised but it's so common in pregnancy so try not to worry. Glad you told your boss too and she was understanding. Definitely post your picture of your handiwork! I started crocheting a while back with the intention of making a blanket.. so far all I've got is a blanket the size for a mouse! LOL

There was cramping along with it so thats why i was a bit worried. But I have been having cramping most of the time I have been pregnant, but not more painful than menstrual cramps. The spotting seems to have cleared up, and the cramps are about the same. I mostly feel crampy after I pee lol. I will keep an eye out for spotting and take it easy.
I was SOOOO close to finishing the blanket last night but I ran out of the yarn I needed! So now I need to go get more. Plus I start classes again tonight... yay?

How's everyone doing today? How are you, Hanyou? :hugs:

I felt cute today so I decided to take a photo...here's my bump!
https://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q178/tamarkreps/16w6crop.jpg

Seaweed you look so cute!

I just have to whine and vent --- I FEEL SO SICK AND IM GETTING SO SICK OF IT!!!!!! argdifnenskficoenencnkckdddk! This sucks :(

Seaweed: I am doing real good. The spotting is gone and only the normal cramps from either after i pee or if i really need to pee lol.
CUTE BUMP! Love it! :happydance:

So glad to hear that HM :hugs: and GG, I'm so sorry you are feeling that way...you are almost there hon...it will absolutely get better and you will feel so much more like yourself again. But in the meantime it just sucks, no way around it. :hugs:

I wanted to show you all this link following our discussion of sex distribution in families in the last thread...someone posted it in another thread and I think it is amazing! https://www.in-gender.com/XYU/Odds/Gender_Odds.aspx That in-gender site is so incredibly cool and informative!!

Seaweed - loving the bump :thumbup: That link was very interesting! I do think in our Decemberist group we'll be about a 50/50 split! I read in our local paper though that one antenatal group of about 10 women who used to meet regularly all had boys! That had never happened so they got in our local paper!

Gaiagirl - sorry you're feeling so sick.. have you managed to find anything that helps a little?

As for me, really want today to go quickly then have 4 days off for the Easter break, can't wait!!! Going up to stay with the in-laws so looking forward to some relaxation! Also visiting a baby shop up there that stocks the iCandy Strawberry I'm desparate to have a play with :happydance:

Have a lovely day!

Seaweed - that's a beautiful bump you have there :thumbup:

Gaiagirl - yes, 9 weeks of worry and sickness is enough to make anyone p***ed of!! As seaweed said you are so nearly at the end of 1st tri so you will start to feel better soon! I started to gradually feel more normal at around 9/10 weeks so fingers crossed you do to!

HanyouMama - :hugs: great to hear the cramps have got better and the spotting has gone. Big relief for you!

smawfl - not too long now until home time and holiday time for you! Hope you enjoy a relaxing 4 day weekend and don't get too carried away in the baby shop :winkwink: We've got parents in laws coming over on Sunday and then my dad and his wife coming over on the Monday. I've not seen him since Christmas so it's going to be great. Looking forward to showing off my little bump :happydance:

I'm really happy at the moment because my friend who's having a baby a couple of weeks before me had her 20 week scan this morning and found out she's having a boy. I'm so happy for her and I just know that, as long as everything is ok with baby, I'm going to be feeling like this but x100 in a couple of weeks time when we have our next scan. I'm trying not to wish away my easter holidays, but it's hard not to!

Can't believe so many of you are :yellow: so we won't know the sex distribution for a long time! I'm quite curious on your behalf :haha: in the September group among people who know so far it seems to be around 2/3 boys for whatever reason. I'm sure we will have some of both here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->